Bring about Lasting Change in Your Community with a Doctor of Public Administration (DPA)
Are you excited about the idea of transforming communities into better environments for their citizens — from the local to the national level? Do you enjoy implementing efficient government processes and procedures? Maybe you’re currently an educator or a civil servant who wants to make a difference in government for the betterment of society. Liberty University’s Doctor of Public Administration (DPA) is an excellent degree option that can give you the training you need to make the difference you want to in public and private policy and administration.
Throughout this degree, you’ll explore the administrative functions of governmental agencies and gain experience in strategic planning, program implementation, advanced management techniques, and results-based leadership. You could also take on positions in higher education as an administrator or professor or have the option of working as a civil servant, politician, consultant, or grants writer.
It is the work of administrators, civil servants, and public officials that makes the government work, and society benefits when professionals like you get involved and influence the laws and policies that affect daily life.
Why Choose Liberty’s Doctor of Public Administration (DPA) Online Degree?
Choosing where to pursue your doctoral degree is an important decision. When you choose to pursue your doctorate through Liberty University, you’re choosing a well-respected, accredited, globally recognized university. You’re also choosing flexible course scheduling and academic excellence that is grounded in Christian principles and values.
Liberty University is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). This means all of our degree programs have met certain academic standards and requirements and will be recognized and respected among the academic community and potential employers. You can be confident that you’re receiving a challenging and worthwhile degree.
At Liberty, our goal is Training Champions for Christ. This means we strive for excellence in everything we do and incorporate biblical principles and values into degree programs. Additionally, we understand that you are a busy professional, with commitments to your career, family, and community. This degree can be completed 100% online, with 8-week courses available, and no set login times. You can stay committed to both your family’s success and your professional success while moving ahead in your career.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctor of Public Administration (DPA) Online Degree?
Our doctorate in public administration is an applied doctoral program designed to train you in leadership, management, and problem-solving skills in government and governance. Throughout this degree, you will learn how to create change in government, nonprofits, and other policy-creating organizations. You will develop a thorough knowledge of the legal, ethical, and political environments of public administration.
The training you receive in this degree will allow you to:
- Construct innovative change proposals to policies that address public needs and problems
- Synthesize a Christian model of statesmanship that incorporates a biblical worldview in public administration
- Conduct independent research that contributes to the public administration field
- PADM 700 – Public Administration Ethics, Statesmanship, and Governance
- PADM 710 – Information management in Public Sector Organizations
- PADM 712 – Organizational Leadership and Behavior in Public Administration
- PLCY 804 – Statesmanship, Federalism, and Intergovernmental Relations
Highlights of Our Doctor of Public Administration (DPA) Online Degree
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- The Doctor of Public Administration is offered in 8-week courses, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Doctor of Public Administration (DPA) Online Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Career Opportunities for Doctor of Public Administration (DPA) Online Graduates
- Academic program director
- Budget analyst
- City manager
- Civil rights specialist
- Elected official
- Foundation program officer
- Grants writer/administrator
- Higher education administration
- Legislative aide
- Management consultant
- Nonprofit manager/leader
- Policy analyst
- Professional researcher
- Public affairs officer
- Public agency manager
- Research scientist
- Sustainability consultant
- Urban planner
Admission Requirements for the Doctor of Public Administration (DPA) Online Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.