Become an Effective Political Leader with Our Online Bachelor’s in Political Science Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online bachelor’s degree in political science is designed to give you a historical, theoretical, and broad-based foundation in the science of politics from a biblical worldview. In our B.S. in Political Science, you will take classes with experienced professors and explore political theory, law, and economics. At Liberty, we believe in helping you lead with excellence and integrity — that’s why we designed the online bachelor’s in political science degree to give you the tools you need to pursue your calling as a Christ-centered political leader, scholar, or policymaker.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science?
One of the most powerful forces affecting people, communities, and businesses today is political science. In as little as 3.5 years, Liberty’s online bachelor’s in political science degree can help you make a positive impact on the lives of countless people. Our political science degree is offered completely online, so you can work toward a better future while staying active in your current lifestyle. Whether you are seeking to work in government, public administration, or any other area in politics, Liberty’s online political science degree can help prepare you for a successful future.
Benefits of an Online Political Science Degree
- Graduates of a bachelor’s degree program in political science have communication, analytical thinking, and data analysis skills that are highly valued in a variety of potential career fields.
- You can experience increased job opportunities after completing your online political science degree.
- You will learn from professors who have real-world experience in politics and government.
- Our online bachelor’s degree in political science allows you to transfer in up to 75% of the total credit hours you need for graduation.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Political Science Degree Program?
At Liberty University, we offer a distinctly Christian experience combined with quality academics in the field of politics throughout our bachelor’s in political science degree program. Through our challenging and rewarding curriculum, students are introduced to the composition of the American government, modern political and economic ideas, and various aspects of foreign policy.
Our students also benefit from our Resilient Nations course that is part of Liberty University’s Institute for Military Resilience. This class provides a foundational study of resilience applied to the life of nations — with a focus on America.
Online Political Science Degree Featured Courses
- GOVT 210 – Introduction to Political Science
- GOVT 328 – American Political Processes
- GOVT 340 – International Relations
- GOVT 425 – American Foreign Policy
Online Bachelor’s in Political Science Degree Program Highlights
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your B.S. in Political Science degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Students in our online B.S. in Political Science degree have access to a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s research portals.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies – This paralegal studies degree seeks to help students achieve strong professional skills and a firm foundation in ethics and increasingly higher levels of knowledge in government, politics, and law.
- Bachelor of Science in Government – This bachelor’s degree in government will enhance your professional qualifications and strengthen your understanding of lawmaking, implementation, and enforcement.
Online Bachelor’s in Political Science Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Bachelor’s in Political Science Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Political Science Degree Potential Career Options
There is a variety of career opportunities for graduates of political science degree programs. These opportunities include positions in law, business, journalism, and teaching. You can use this degree to work as an elected official, community representative, or lobbyist.
A few additional career opportunities may include:
- Community development manager
- Public administration worker
- Political analyst
- Regulatory affairs manager
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.