Become an Effective Political Leader with a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science
Politics is one of the most powerful forces in today’s world. It affects almost every part of our lives, from how much we pay in taxes to the amount of money we spend on gas. People who work in government have a huge impact on the course of the world, so it is essential that these individuals are able to lead with wisdom, skill, and virtue.
If you are interested in a career that lets you influence political decisions and craft public policy, Liberty University’s online B.S. in Political Science is a great next step to take in your academic and professional journey. Our program can help equip you with the knowledge and skills you’ll need to serve as a Champion for Christ in the public sphere.
Maybe you dream of becoming a politician — or perhaps you want to do behind-the-scenes political work as a pollster or legislative assistant. Whatever your career goals are, our bachelor’s in political science can help prepare you to lead with excellence in the world of politics. You can gain both practical skills and ethical training that can help you fulfill your calling as a Christ-centered political leader, scholar, or policymaker. Partner with us and learn how to shape public policy and influence the world for Christ.
Why Choose Our Political Science Degree Online?
Comprehensive Curriculum | By working in politics, you can make a positive impact on the lives of countless people by protecting and promoting freedom, justice, and human rights. To accomplish this goal, you’ll need to learn the historical and philosophical underpinnings of political science as well as gain a firm grasp on practical methods for conducting political affairs. Our political science program can help you understand the theoretical and practical aspects of government and help train you for success in a variety of career paths.
Experienced Faculty | Our government courses are taught by seasoned professors who have years of experience working in political affairs. Drawing on what they have learned in their own careers, they can help you gain the skills you need to stand out in the highly competitive political realm. Our faculty are knowledgeable and dedicated to helping you achieve excellence in your spiritual, academic, and professional life.
Flexibility | Our goal is to help you pursue your bachelor’s degree in a way that fits your lifestyle. That’s why we’ve designed our political science program to be entirely online. You can log into your courses on your own time and access your study materials from the comfort of your own home. Most importantly, you can stay invested in your family, job, church, and community while still achieving your academic goals.
Christian Principles | What sets Liberty apart from other schools that offer political science degrees? Our professors won’t just teach you on-the-job skills — they can also help foster your spiritual growth. We are dedicated to Training Champions for Christ, so your political science courses will be taught from a Christian worldview. That way, you can learn how to integrate biblical principles with industry best practices in the workplace.
What Will You Learn in Liberty University’s Political Science Program?
Our political science courses cover both the theoretical and the practical aspects of politics and government. You’ll explore the theories, methodologies, and subfields of political science and examine how political science is connected to other fields, such as history and economics. You can also learn how to evaluate political systems and ideologies using philosophical and social science methods.
Many of our government courses focus specifically on politics within the United States. You’ll receive a comprehensive introduction to American political processes, constitutional history, foreign policy, and exceptionalism. Additionally, you’ll learn about topics that apply to politics on a global scale, including international relations, resilient nations, comparative politics, and contemporary political issues. Throughout this program, you will explore how Christian values have influenced Western political theory and why limited government is so important.
Partner with us and prepare to lead with Christ-like love and humility in the world of politics.
- GOVT 210 – Introduction to Political Science
- GOVT 328 – American Political Processes
- GOVT 340 – International Relations
- GOVT 425 – American Foreign Policy
Highlights of Our Online Political Science Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online B.S. in Political Science degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our political science courses online are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- You can transfer in up to 75% of the total credit hours needed to earn this political science degree.
- This degree can be completed in under 4 years.
- As a political science major at Liberty, you’ll have access to a wide variety of resources through our top-notch research portal.
Political Science Online Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for Liberty’s online political science degree.
- View the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Bachelor’s in Political Science Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
What Can You Do with a Bachelor’s in Political Science?
By earning a political science degree, you can pursue job opportunities in many different fields, including law, business, journalism, and education. You can gain communication and critical thinking skills that are highly valued across all career fields. After completing Liberty’s political science program, some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Campaign manager
- Community representative
- Elected official
- Government affairs director
- Legislative assistant
- Policy analyst
- Political consultant
- Public relations specialist
- Research analyst
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Political Science Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.