Learn Marketable Legal Support Skills in Liberty’s Online Undergraduate Certificate in Paralegal Studies
Our online paralegal certificate is an excellent option for students seeking a fast-track training for legal support and paralegal studies. As a vital part of the American legal process, paralegals are responsible for a significant amount of preparation work for the courtroom and other legal proceedings. Whether you are seeking to grow in your current role or want to explore other areas within the legal field, this online undergraduate paralegal studies certificate program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and training you need.
If you want to further your education with a full bachelor’s degree, consider our Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies online degree program.
Why Choose Liberty’s Undergraduate Paralegal Studies Certificate Online Program?
Throughout this paralegal studies certificate, you will be taught by professionals with real-world experience in professional and legal settings. Through six 100% online paralegal studies courses, you will be prepared to perform in the legal support field with confidence and a thorough understanding of essential legal principles and practices. The paralegal certificate’s online format will allow you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on campus. The flexibility, affordability, and practicality of Liberty’s online certificate in paralegal studies can help you shine in your current legal support role, or help you pursue new opportunities in the field.
What Will You Learn in the Paralegal Studies Certificate Program?
Paralegals must be prepared to handle a variety of legal matters. As you pursue your undergraduate certificate in paralegal studies, you will study the paralegal profession and legal systems through training in law, contemporary worldviews, legal writing methods, and real estate. This certificate offers flexibility in that you can choose an elective course that best fits your career goals. Each course is taught from a biblical perspective to enhance your learning experience as you approach entering the field.
- PLST 200 – Introduction to Paralegal Studies
- PLST 201 – Legal Research
- PLST 202 – Legal Writing
- PLST 205 – Foundations of Law
- PLST 220 – Civil Practice
- Choose one elective course between:
- PLST 222 – Real Estate Transactions & Property
- PLST 225 – Tort Law
- PLST 230 – Criminal Practice and Procedures
- PLST 235 – Wills, Trusts, and Estates
Online Certificate in Paralegal Studies Information
- This program falls under the School of Law.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Admission Requirements for Certificate in Paralegal Studies
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative combined GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.
Online Paralegal Studies Certificate Program Highlights
- By earning your Undergraduate Certificate in Paralegal Studies from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete our online Undergraduate Certificate in Paralegal Studies in as little as two semesters.
- You may apply credits earned in the online Undergraduate Certificate in Paralegal Studies toward an associate or bachelor’s degree.