Take Your First Steps Toward a Career in Public Service with a Criminal Justice Certificate Online
Our online Criminal Justice Certificate provides foundational training in key aspects of the criminal justice system. A certificate can help you be better prepared for certification or promotion opportunities. Throughout this program, you can hone the oral and written communication skills vital to success in both professional and personal settings.
Our online Criminal Justice Certificate program is tailored to help law enforcement officers and civilians advance careers by obtaining a credential designed to boost their résumé. As one of our criminal justice students, you can get the head start you need to go further in the field.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Police and Detectives, 2020 (viewed online June 18, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What can I do with a certificate in criminal justice?
Your criminal justice certificate can help you go further in your profession and your education. This credential provides valuable knowledge and training that can be used in criminal justice, public policy, forensic science, and government positions. Additionally, you may want to take the credits you will earn and apply them towards a full criminal justice bachelor’s degree for additional education and job opportunities.
What is the best online college for criminal justice?
Can I get my criminal justice degree online?
Potential Career Opportunities with an Undergraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice
Our Criminal Justice Certificate can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited Criminal Justice Certificate:
- Administration/management (federal, state, or local)
- Crime scene investigation unit manager
- Criminal justice writer
- Forensics investigator
- Police chief
- Police officer
- Polygraph examiner/operator
- Prison warden
- Public policy advisor
The administrative, justice, and law enforcement skills that you gain from our certificate in criminal justice can be an asset in many other aspects of the criminal justice world as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the Bachelor of Science – Criminal Justice online.Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a criminal justice certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
Why Choose Liberty’s Criminal Justice Online Certificate?
By pursuing our 100% online Criminal Justice Certificate, you can further your education while staying connected with your family and workplace responsibilities. We strive to provide you with a quality education that’s affordable and flexible. By enrolling in our certificate program, you can have access to valuable resources to further your education and training. Additionally, you can benefit from professors who have years of experience in the field and proudly teach each course from a Christian worldview.
What Will You Learn in Our Criminal Justice Certificate Program Online?
Our criminal justice classes provide an overview of the criminal justice system in the United States and introduce ethical critical thinking skills and training for various public policy situations. You can use these skills to engage in research and writing that apply to a career in law enforcement. You can also learn about the administrative side of the criminal justice system, as well as substantive and procedural criminal law.
Additionally, you can focus on topics like the judicial process, corrections, and crime from a philosophical, psychological, and sociological perspective. Through the various skills learned in our criminal justice online certificate, you can take your career to the next level.
Benefits of Earning Your Certificate in Criminal Justice from Liberty University
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen the majority of our tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete Liberty University’s online Criminal Justice Certificate in just 1 or 2 semesters.
- You can take the credits you earn in this certificate and apply them to one of our Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice programs.
Online Undergraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Information
- This certificate falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Certificate in Crime and Justice
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative GPA from all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Official high school transcripts or official GED test scores are required for an official admissions decision
- Students may be allowed to enroll in up to 12 credit hours with Liberty with the submission of an unofficial high school transcript and our High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.