Take Your First Steps Toward a Career in Public Service with a Criminal Justice Certificate Online
Our online Criminal Justice Certificate provides foundational training in key aspects of the criminal justice system. A certificate can help you be better prepared for certification or promotion opportunities. Throughout this program, you will be able to hone the oral and written communication skills vital to success in both professional and personal settings.
Our online Criminal Justice Certificate program is tailored to help law enforcement officers and civilians advance careers by obtaining a credential designed to boost their résumé. As one of our criminal justice students, you can get the head start you need to go further in the field.
What can I do with a certificate in criminal justice?
Your criminal justice certificate can help you go further in your profession and your education. This credential provides valuable knowledge and training that can be used in criminal justice, public policy, forensic science, and government positions. Additionally, you may want to take the credits you will earn and apply them towards a full criminal justice bachelor’s degree for additional education and job opportunities.
What is the best online college for criminal justice?
At Liberty University, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. That means we strive for excellence in all that we do and have become one of the best online schools for criminal justice.
Here are some of the reasons why Liberty stands out:
- Our flexible, 100% online courses allow you to complete your program while dedicating time to your work, family, and community.
- Our certificate is only 18 credit hours and can be completed in just 1 or 2 semesters. That means you can jumpstart your career faster than ever.
- The faculty teaching your courses have real-life experience in law enforcement, public policy, and other areas of the criminal justice field. They are excited to share their expertise so you can grow as a student and professional.
- We are dedicated to integrating all of our coursework with biblical values so you can prepare to incorporate ethics into your profession.
Can I get my criminal justice degree online?
Yes – you can absolutely complete your criminal justice program online with Liberty University. If you want to earn a criminal justice certificate without committing to a full bachelor’s degree, then this certificate is for you. You will gain the specific knowledge you need to succeed as a criminal justice professional now. If you want to pursue a full bachelor’s degree later on, all of the credits earned in your certificate can be used towards one of our criminal justice programs.
What kind of jobs can you get with a criminal justice certificate?
Criminal justice is a very broad field with a variety of positions available to professionals. Our certificate can prepare you for many of these roles. Here are some of the criminal justice certificate job opportunities that may be available to you:
- Border patrol agent
- Corrections officer
- Criminal investigator
- Fraud investigator
- Law enforcement officer
- Parole/probation officer
- Private detective
Why Choose Liberty’s Criminal Justice Online Certificate?
By pursuing our 100% online Criminal Justice Certificate, you can further your education while staying connected with your family and workplace responsibilities. We strive to provide you with a quality education that’s affordable and flexible. By enrolling in our certificate program, you will have access to valuable resources to further your education and training. Additionally, you’ll benefit from professors who have years of experience in the field and proudly teach each course from a Christian worldview.
What Will You Learn in Our Criminal Justice Certificate Program Online?
Our criminal justice classes provide an overview of the criminal justice system in the United States and introduce ethical critical thinking skills and training for various public policy situations. You will use these skills to engage in research and writing that applies to a career in law enforcement. You will also learn about the administrative side of the criminal justice system, as well as substantive and procedural criminal law.
Additionally, you will focus on topics like the judicial process, corrections, and crime from a philosophical, psychological, and sociological perspective. Through the various skills learned in our criminal justice online certificate, you can take your career to the next level.
- CJUS 200 – Introduction to Criminal Justice
- CJUS 230 – Criminal Justice Writing and Research
- CJUS 300 – Administration of Justice Organizations
- CJUS 320 – Corrections
- CJUS 330 – Judicial Process
- CJUS 340 – Criminology
Benefits of Earning Your Certificate in Criminal Justice from Liberty University
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete Liberty University’s online Criminal Justice Certificate in just 1 or 2 semesters.
- You can take the credits you earn in this certificate and apply it to one of our Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice programs.
Online Undergraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Information
- This certificate falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Certificate in Crime and Justice
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative GPA from all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.