Take Your First Steps Towards a Career in Public Service with an Undergraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice
Our online Undergraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice provides foundational training in key aspects of the criminal justice system. A certificate can help you be better prepared for certification or promotion opportunities, as you are able to hone your oral and written communication skills which are vital in both professional and personal settings.
Our online Criminal Justice certificate program is tailored to help law enforcement officers and civilians gain career advancement potential by obtaining a credential designed to build the resume. Our Undergraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice can give you the head start you need to become an expert in the field.
Why Choose Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Online Program?
By pursuing our 100% online criminal justice certificate, you can further your education while staying connected with your family and workplace responsibilities. We strive to provide a quality, affordable and flexible education that you can be proud to receive. By enrolling in our certificate program, you will have access to valuable resources to further your education and training. Additionally, you’ll benefit from professors who have years of experience in the field, and who proudly teach each course from a Christian worldview.
What Will You Learn in the Undergraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Online Program?
Our criminal justice classes provide an overview of the criminal justice system in the United States while introducing essential critical thinking skill training on ethical and public policy levels. You will use these skills to engage in research and writing that applies to a career in law enforcement. You will learn about the administrative side of the criminal justice system, as well as substantive and procedural criminal law.
Additionally, you will focus on topics like the judicial process, corrections, and crime from a philosophical, psychological and sociological perspective. Through the various skills learned in our online Undergraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice, you can take your career to the next level.
- CJUS 200 – Introduction to Criminal Justice
- CJUS 230 – Criminal Justice Writing & Research
- CJUS 300 – Administration of Justice Organizations
- CJUS 320 – Corrections
- CJUS 330 – Judicial Process
- CJUS 340 – Criminology
Benefits of our Online Undergraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice
- By earning your Undergraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years ̶ and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete this Undergraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice online in about two semesters.
Online Undergraduate Certificate in Criminal Justice Information and Requirements
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for course specific information.
- This certificate falls under the Helms School of Government.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative combined GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.