Make a Difference in Your Community and Beyond with a Bachelor’s in Public Administration Online Degree
Public administrators play a vital role in society. They are responsible for implementing government directives at a practical level. In other words, they don’t create public policy — they carry out government policies by developing projects and programs that serve the common good.
If you are seeking a rewarding career that lets you make a positive impact on your community, public administration may be the field for you. Liberty’s online Bachelor of Science in Public Administration will provide the tools you need to identify and address problems, implement public policy, and communicate effectively in all levels of government.
This program is designed to inspire and produce action-oriented students who will become Christ-centered politicians, scholars, and policymakers. Even if you don’t want to work for the government, our public administration online classes can still help you achieve your goals. After graduating, you could go on to work as a nonprofit director or pursue similar management roles.
Partner with us and learn how to promote liberty, freedom, and justice for all in the field of public administration.
What do public administrators do?
Public administrators carry out government policies in a variety of fields, such as education, finance, and health care. While they often work for the federal government, many also work at the state, county, and local levels. Their goal is to develop, implement, and oversee programs that serve the public and meet the needs of citizens.
Why study public administration?
When choosing a college degree, it’s important to evaluate your interests and long-term goals. If you love developing creative solutions to challenges and meeting the needs of other people, a career in public administration may be right for you. Our program can equip you for exciting jobs in this growing field.
Many public administration graduates go on to work as administrative services managers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for administrative services managers is $96,940 per year. This field is projected to grow 6% from 2019 to 2029, which is faster than the average for all other industries.* Earning a bachelor’s in public administration is a great way to expand your career prospects, develop a diverse skill set, and pursue job opportunities that let you make a positive difference in the world.
What’s the difference between a BS and a BA in Public Administration online?
B.A. programs typically require several liberal arts courses. In contrast, our B.S. in Public Administration contains core math and science classes that can help you develop marketable, on-the-job skills.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Public Administration Bachelor’s Degree Online?
Flexibility | As pioneers in distance learning, we’re committed to offering an education that fits your schedule. This bachelor’s degree is offered 100% online, and the classes have no set login times. That means you can complete your coursework wherever and whenever it’s most convenient for you! Most importantly, you can stay invested in your family, job, and community while taking the next step in your academic journey.
Ethical Principles | To fulfill our mission of Training Champions for Christ, all of our courses are taught through the lens of a biblical worldview. Throughout this program, you’ll be equipped to lead with integrity in the workplace and reach your full potential as you follow God’s calling on your life.
Dedicated Faculty | Our online classes are taught by professors who have years of experience in public administration and who care about you as an individual. They are ready and eager to share their expertise with you, as well as provide the support you need to thrive in college and your career!
Real-World Training | Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Public Administration curriculum is designed to provide not just textbook knowledge, but also on-the-job skills that can increase your marketability and expand your job opportunities. We want to help you take what you’ve learned in the classroom and apply it to the real world. That way, you can pursue an exciting career and make a difference through your chosen profession.
What Will You Learn in Our Public Administration Courses?
Liberty’s public administration program strives to help students see their careers as opportunities for Christian service. Our courses provide a firm foundation in the history and practices of civic government. You’ll explore a variety of topics related to government administration, including political theory, law, and economics.
Dive into the core aspects of working in public service. This online bachelor’s in public administration will help you learn how to oversee projects, manage budgets for public programs, and handle legal and political issues related to public administration. Whether you want to work in the government or nonprofit sector, you can become a leader who personally engages with your community and helps the people around you thrive.
Graduates of this online degree in public administration will be able to articulate the biblical roots of our religious, economic, and political liberties, as well as:
- Communicate effectively in both written and oral formats.
- Develop public service projects that fulfill government mandates and meet the needs of citizens.
- Evaluate the nature and role of government from a biblical perspective.
- Make practical, ethical decisions when responding to government-related dilemmas.
- BUSI 342 – Human Resource Management
- PADM 462 – Public Finance and Budgeting
- PADM 480 – Legal and Political Issues in Public Administration
- PADM 485 – Public Administration Leadership and Community Engagement
Highlights of Our Online Bachelor’s Degree Program in Public Administration
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your B.S. in Public Administration from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our online courses are only 8 weeks long, with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- This public admin degree can be completed in under 4 years.
- As a student in our online college community, you’ll have the opportunity to network with professionals from across the country.
- Liberty graduates are frequently sought after by prestigious companies for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility.
- Our bachelor’s in public administration curriculum is based on cutting-edge research. We offer flexible, high-quality academics while keeping your total cost of tuition down.
Online Public Administration Bachelor’s Degree Information
- This program falls under Liberty University’s Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our public service degree.
- View the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Online Public Administration Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- Potential college credit for military training
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
What Can You Do with a Bachelor’s in Public Administration?
Our public administration degree online can help you pursue government employment at the local, state, or federal level. Or, if a career in government isn’t for you, you could also work for a nonprofit organization. Some other roles you may qualify for after completing this degree include:
- Administrative services manager
- City manager
- Nonprofit director
- Program analyst
- Public administration consultant
- Public utility specialist
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Administrative Services Managers (viewed online September 10, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.