Take the Next Step in Your Career with an Online Criminal Justice Degree
Liberty University’s bachelor’s in Criminal Justice degree online is designed to help you build strong leadership and managerial skills so that you can be successful in any position within the Criminal Justice system. Our 100% online Criminal Justice degree will also prepare you for future certification and promotion opportunities through the development of excellent oral and written communication skills, which are vital in both professional and personal settings. Additionally, our online Criminal Justice degree courses will equip you with an in-depth understanding of substantive and procedural criminal law.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Criminal Justice Degree?
Liberty’s bachelors in Criminal Justice degree online will help you gain an understanding of the internal workings of the criminal justice system and its response to different types of crime. Throughout your Criminal Justice online program, you will study the constitutional, procedural, and organizational differences of the federal criminal justice and representative systems.
Many students pursuing our criminal justice degree program are full-time law enforcement officers or other working professionals who need the flexibility to complete their education. Our bachelor’s in Criminal Justice is offered entirely online with no requirement to come to our campus. This allows you to continue servicing your community or business while continuing your education online.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Criminal Justice Degree Program?
Liberty University’s online bachelor’s in Criminal Justice is designed to teach students each phase of the criminal justice system from entry to trial. Students will learn from professors who have experience — often in the courtroom or corrections field in addition to the classroom. Our criminal justice degree classes provide learners with a practical approach to studying criminal justice and include courses with exciting research projects and case studies. Our online criminal justice degree offers multiple specializations, so students can tailor their degree to one that best fits their career objectives.
Your classes will give you background knowledge of the various parts of the criminal justice system including Juvenile Justice, Judicial Process, Criminology, and Criminal Investigations. Imagine a rewarding career as a juvenile probation officer, detective, or state trooper. The Bachelors in Criminal Justice online offers many of the classes needed to apply your knowledge in these professions.
Business Administration and Management
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Business Administration and Management prepares you for an effective career in the modern world of business and criminal justice. You will gain foundational knowledge and skills regarding upholding the law, organizational administration, and financial workings of the criminal justice system.
- ACCT 211 – Financial Accounting
- BUSI 240 – Organizational Behavior
- BUSI 301 – Business Law
- BUSI 342 – Human Resource Management
- Course and Appeals Processes
- Criminal Investigation
- Law Enforcement Administration
- Probation and Parole
- Social Services
Crime Scene Investigation
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice- Crime Scene Investigation provides a solid foundation of both knowledge and skills to equip you for a career in the criminal investigative field. You will develop a foundational understanding of law enforcement, the internal workings of the criminal justice system, and its response to different types of crime.
- CJUS 360 – Forensics
- CJUS 361 – Crime Scene Photography
- CJUS 362 – Crime Scene Management
- CJUS 363 – Computer & Cyber Forensics
- Crime Scene Technician
- Crime Scene Investigator
- Senior Forensic Analyst
- Forensic Project Coordinator
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice- Criminal Psychology is designed to strengthen your investigative and cognitive ability to understand the thoughts and intentions of the criminal mind, emphasizing the importance of applying ethics to practices. You will gain foundational knowledge and skills regarding mental health and behavior of criminals, as well as how to assess and counsel individuals within the justice system efficiently.
- PSYC 317 – Crisis Intervention
- PSYC 320 – Behavior Modification
- PSYC 430 – Abnormal Psychology
- PSYC 475 – Psychology of Criminal Behavior
- Criminal Psychologist
- Police Detective
- Corrections Officer
- Probation and Parole
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – General track is designed to provide you with the backbone of an excellent criminal justice program with the flexibility and freedom to select a large number of electives. With no specific specialization, you can mix and match, creating a personalized degree program that fits your passion.
- CJUS 310 – Juvenile Justice
- CJUS 330 – Judicial Process
- CJUS 340 – Criminology
- CJUS 420 – Criminal Investigations
- Juvenile Justice
- Probation & Parole
- Social Services
- Private/Corporate Security
- State and Local Police and Sheriff
- Homeland Defense
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice- Homeland Security is designed to help you develop professional skills in research and development, with a focus in security, transportation disaster response, anti-terrorism, and intelligence. You will gain an understanding of the internal workings of the criminal justice system to serve efficiently at all levels of government.
- CJUS 380 – Homeland Security
- CJUS 381 – Incident Command System/ Emergency Planning and Incident Management
- CJUS 382 – Critical Infrastructure Protection
- CJUS 383 – Behavioral Dimensions of Disaster
- Domestic and International Terrorism
- Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Transportation Security
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Juvenile Justice is a youth corrections program that emphasizes the understanding of the internal workings of the criminal justice system and its response to youth in the penal system. You will develop professional skills in correctional procedures, as well as cultural and sociological diversity, ensuring the most relevant and comprehensive information needed to impact the lives of today’s youth.
- CJUS 321 – Juvenile Corrections
- CJUS 322 – Community-Based Corrections
- CJUS 323 – Delinquency and Crime Prevention
- CJUS 324 – Legal and Ethical Issues in Juvenile Justice
- Juvenile Probation Office
- Youth Service Worker/Coordinator
- Outreach Counselor
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Public Administration is designed to strengthen your leadership and public management skills as you learn to develop responses and solutions to challenging situations. You will gain foundational knowledge and skills regarding the management and structure of the criminal justice system as it relates to controversial issues and the general public.
- GOVT 360 – Public Administration
- GOVT 462 – Public Finance and Budgeting
- GOVT 470 – Government Regulation of Business
- GOVT 475 – Advanced Public Administration
- Policy Analysis and Implementation
- Community Services Coordinator
- Public Relations Manager
- Local Government Officer
- Public Servant
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Strategic Intelligence emphasizes leadership and managerial skills with a strong foundation in criminal law and a focus on intelligence and national security. You will gain foundational knowledge and skills to examine and analyze criminal trends and patterns accurately, to counter criminal behavior and terrorism with tactical efforts.
- GOVT 380 – Intelligence and National Security
- GOVT 381 – Intelligence Analysis
- GOVT 481 – Counter-Terrorism
- GOVT 483 – Military Intelligence
- International Intelligence
- Law Enforcement
- Military Intelligence
- Intelligence Reporting and Analysis
Online Criminal Justice Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Review the Criminal Justice degree and other Course Syllabi (login required).
Are you a service member, veteran, military spouse, or Department of Defense employee wishing to pursue our Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice Online Program? We are proud to support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Potential college credit for military training.
Additional Benefits for Active Duty Law Enforcement and Other First Responders
Liberty University is committed to providing world-class education and aims to help students achieve their educational goals, in whatever way we can. The Towns/Kopis Emergency Response Tuition Discount was created to take some of the financial burdens of tuition off of the men and women who work in public service.
As Liberty University’s way of saying ‘Thank You,’ we proudly provide you with the following benefits:
- A 25% tuition discount.
- College credit for training and life experience.
- Personalized service throughout your educational journey.
- Potential stacking with other tuition benefits (Corporate Advantage Program or Military Benefits.)
For more information on eligibility and claiming this discount, please visit the First Responders Discount Page.
Potential Career Options with a Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice
A Bachelors in Criminal Justice degree online from Liberty University is an excellent choice for those wishing to be or are current law-enforcement officers, probation officers, or other civil servants.
- Police Detective
- Probation Officer
Industry Outlook: Despite a recent reduction in crime rates, there is a demand for police services to maintain and improve public safety. Overall, the industry projects a 4 percent growth in employment opportunities over the next seven years.*
*Data obtained from the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) under the sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Information obtained on September 19, 2017.
Highlights of Our Online Criminal Justice Degree
- By earning your online Criminal Justice degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our Criminal Justice degree online has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
Similar Degree Programs
Admission Requirements for Online Criminal Justice Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for Acceptance on Caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.