You Deserve an Academic Experience that Equips You for Success!
A business administration degree is one of the most versatile bachelor’s degrees you can pursue. Here at Liberty University, we have over a dozen business specializations, and we are confident you will find one that matches your career goals. Our specialization in economics is designed around academic excellence, integrity, and strong Christian principles. All our business degrees are taught by seasoned professors with years of field experience, and as a student at Liberty, these professors will know you by name and support you along your academic journey.
Throughout your pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in business administration, you will have countless opportunities to connect with your classmates and grow your professional credentials. We have over 100 student-led clubs managed by professors who give their time and energy to ensure student success. Additionally, your courses integrate a capstone course and optional internship hours for you to take your knowledge to the next level.
Why Choose Liberty’s Economics Bachelor’s Degree?
Grow in your understanding of economics while developing meaningful relationships with peers and professors. Your courses are designed to give you foundational business concepts while focusing on the specifics of economics and its effect on companies.
Our economics-focused business bachelor’s degree will provide the academic rigor you need to succeed. Dive into micro- and macroeconomics to see how businesses function at the firm level, with international fluctuations, and as the national debt affects major corporations. Your pursuit of a degree from Liberty will provide the mentorship you need to develop personally and professionally.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s Degree in Economics?
With a degree specialization in economics, you will dive into the structure of financial systems, learn methods in business forecasting, and develop an understanding of the political and economic ideals formed in the modern era.
In addition to the economics courses you’ll take later in your degree journey, you will also study a core curriculum of courses in general business, accounting, finance, and marketing in domestic and international marketplaces.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below to learn more about what you’ll be studying!
- BUSI 321: Money and the Financial System
This course covers the structure and operation of the U.S. and international financial systems, functions of the Federal Reserve, monetary theory, and the impact of monetary policy on financial markets and the economy.
- BUSI 405: Business and Economic Forecasting
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Methods of collecting data, discovering data patterns, and selecting appropriate forecasting techniques
- Time series and regression forecasting techniques
- BUSI 464: International Market Integration and Trade Agreements
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Market and economic integration among countries, including the European Union, the North American Free Trade Agreement, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation, Association of Southeast Asian Nations, and others
- Major emerging market economies and the challenges and opportunities these present to the international business firm
GOVT 302: Modern Political and Economic Ideas
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Survey of political and economic thought since the 16th century including the Christian influence in the development of modern Western freedom and justice
- The emergence and scope of the disciplines of economics, political science, public administration, and public policy
Highlights of Our Business Administration: Economics Degree
- Complete internship and capstone courses that allow you to gain invaluable first-hand experience in the field.
- The 78,000-square-foot School of Business building provides you with, a simulated stock trading room with New York Stock Exchange display boards, a 2,000-square-foot Entrepreneurship Center for Innovation, our Center for Cyber Excellence and Center for Financial Literacy, and information technology labs and a networking and data center.
- Get involved with our business related student clubs, organizations and honor societies.
- Check out our 3+1 Accelerated Business Program. You can get your business bachelor’s and master’s degree in just four years!
Economics Bachelor’s Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Business Administration: Economics Graduates
Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: Economics degree prepares you for work in the following occupations:
- Economic Forecasting Specialist
- Sales Analyst
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores (Liberty University is offering test-optional admission for Spring, Summer, and Fall 2021 applicants)
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.