Why Choose Liberty’s Online Ed.S. Degree?
With an Education Specialist degree, you can go beyond teaching and course development to step into the role of an administrator. You will be able to effectively analyze and correct institutional-level education challenges, and become an expert in K-12 or higher education instruction.
What is an Ed.S. Degree?
An Education Specialist degree (Ed.S.) is a degree path for students wanting to enhance their teaching and educational leadership skills but are not ready to pursue a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree. Working at the post-graduate level, students in Liberty University’s 100% online Ed.S. degree will be immersed in advanced studies of learning theory and research, discover cutting-edge institutional-level testing and measurement techniques, and develop highly-effective curriculum based on the education industry’s best practices.
For more information about Liberty University’s online Education Specialist program, please see the program page.
Education Specialist Admission Requirements
Here are the admission requirements for the online Education Specialist program:
- Apply online or call an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9596.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Master’s degree official transcript – Unofficial transcripts sent by email or fax will not be accepted. In order for your document to be considered an official transcript, it will need to be in a sealed envelope from your previous institution, or it will need to be submitted direct to Liberty University via a secure electronic official transcript system. Ask your school’s Registrar’s Office or records holder if they offer a secure electronic official transcript. If asked, give them email@example.com as the direct email for an electronic official transcript.
- A 3.0 GPA from an institution that is accredited by an agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. unaccredited master’s degrees will not be accepted.
- Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an approved alternative assessment. For information on alternative assessments or TOEFL waivers, please call Admissions or view the official International Admissions policy.
Please note: Guidelines are subject to change in federal or state regulations for the licensure of school personnel.
If you have submitted a Liberty University application for the online Education Specialist degree but are still finishing your master’s degree, you may still be able to receive a preliminary acceptance decision. This will allow you to continue with the enrollment process, plan your registration, and start setting up your financing method while you wait for your final documents to be available.
Please note the following important admission requirements:
- You must be in your final term and planning to start your Education Specialist degree online after the last day of class for your master’s degree. For 30-48 credit hour master’s programs, you must be within six credit hours of degree completion. For master’s degrees of 49 or more credit hours, you must be within nine credit hours of completion.
- You must submit an official transcript to confirm that you are in your final term. If this official transcript does not show final grades or GPA, your current program GPA must meet the admissions standard.
- You must submit an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date on it by the end of your first semester of enrollment.
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements. Electronic official transcript systems may be used for admission requirements if the electronic official transcript is sent directly to Liberty.
Liberty University Admission Office Contact Information
Email for Questions
Email for Questions
Back to the Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) program page.