Inspire Future Leaders with Our Online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Secondary Education Degree
Our online Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction — Secondary Education degree program provides the advanced education administration, research, and curriculum development skills you need to create lessons that inspire students in your classroom and beyond. Our Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Secondary Education degree can equip you for an advanced high school level teaching or administration career in your subject area. Partner with us and let us help you reach your full potential, so you can make the difference in education you were always meant to make!
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Doctoral Degree in Secondary Education?
At Liberty, we want to help you succeed. Throughout our online doctorate in education degree, you will be taught by experienced professionals in the field of education who will mentor you as you become an advanced educator, administrator, and researcher. We know you are more than a student, and we seek to support you academically, personally, and spiritually. 100% online with 8-week courses and no set login times, our Ed.D. degree gives you the flexibility you need to complete your coursework when and where you want so you can maximize your time.
Our online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction — Secondary Education degree will teach you advanced education theory and best practices designed specifically for high school teachers. In our Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction — Secondary Education degree program, you will study curriculum function, development, and evaluation in addition to innovative technology use in the high school classroom. Through rigorous online study, you can learn to apply doctoral-level research to your own classroom to solve practical problems as a high school teacher, administrator, and curriculum developer.
What Are the Benefits of Our Online Doctorate in Education Degree?
- With a completed Ed.D. degree, you will have a terminal educational credential that shows employers that you have reached the pinnacle of your field’s achievement.
- By connecting with professors and classmates from across the country, you can build your network and gain valuable insight into many different parts of the education field.
When the superintendent of his local public school system retired, Liberty University Online graduate Dr. Richard J. Ney of New Jersey submitted his application for the position.
“After an intense round of interviews where I competed against a number of other qualified candidates, I was appointed superintendent and chief school administrator [in New Jersey]. I do not believe that I would have succeeded without having completed my doctoral studies at Liberty University.”
– Dr. Richard J. Ney, Ed.D.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction — Secondary Education Degree Program?
In our online Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction — Secondary Education degree program, you can learn how to apply advanced educational theory and assessment techniques to high school teaching, giving you the tools you need to evaluate and improve your instruction methods. You can learn skills that can help you manage student behavior, adapt content for gifted education programs, and become a better administrator. Our online doctorate in secondary education degree will help prepare you for career advancement as well as enable you to be a better high school teacher – no matter what subject you teach.
Please note: Liberty University’s education programs are based on the State of Virginia’s grade level definitions. These definitions may vary from state to state.
- EDUC 629 — Technology and Diversity
- EDUC 771 — Curriculum Theory
- EDUC 816 — Applied Research Methods
- EDUC 872 — Research in Curriculum Design and Development
Our Online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Secondary Education Degree Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Ed.D. degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years – and counting.
- In our online secondary education doctoral degree program, you can learn how to create curriculum and instruction that inspires students, addresses educational challenges, and is based on innovative research you can share with your field.
You may also be interested in the online Education Specialist (Ed.S.) Degree.
Our Online Doctor of Secondary Education Degree Information
- This Ed.D. online degree program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the doctorate of secondary education’s Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Doctoral Advising Guide for more information about this program.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Secondary Education Doctoral Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options with a Doctor of Education Degree
- College administrator
- Curriculum specialist
- High school teacher
- Instructional supervisor
- Middle school teacher (as defined by each state)
Students who earn a Doctor of Education through Liberty’s online Ed.D. degree program will complete a doctoral capstone project that will demonstrate specialized advanced research abilities applied to education practice.
Graduates of Liberty’s Ed.D. degree program will have the skills needed to conduct additional research and content development in an academic setting or for third-party curriculum development companies. Students may also be able to use their Ed.D. degree to teach undergraduate- or graduate-level college students.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.D. in Secondary Education Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.