Inspire Future Leaders with Our Online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Secondary Education Degree
At Liberty University, our online Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Secondary Education degree program provides the advanced education administration, research, and curriculum development skills you need to create lessons that inspire students in your classroom and beyond. Our Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Secondary Education degree can equip you for an advanced high school level teaching or administration career in your subject area. Partner with us and let us help you reach your full potential, so you can make the difference in education you were always meant to make!
Why Liberty’s Online Doctorate Degree in Secondary Education?
At Liberty, we want to help you succeed. Throughout our online doctorate in education degree program you will be taught by experienced professionals in the field of education who will mentor you as you become an advanced educator, administrator, and researcher. We know you are more than a student, and we seek to support you as a student and an individual as well. 100% online with eight-week courses and no set login times, our Ed.D. degree gives you the flexibility you need to complete your coursework when and where you want so you can maximize your time.
Our online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Secondary Education degree will teach you advanced education theory and best practices designed specifically for high school teachers. In our Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Secondary Education degree program, you will study curriculum function, development, and evaluation in addition to innovative technology use in the high school classroom. Through online study and optional hands-on intensives, you will learn to apply doctoral-level research to your own classroom to solve practical problems as a high school teacher, administrator, and curriculum developer.
What are the Benefits of Our Online Doctorate in Education Degree?
- With a completed Ed.D. degree, you will have a terminal educational credential that shows employers that you have reached the pinnacle of your field’s achievement.
- Our online Doctor of Education degree gives you the opportunity to include licensure-track requirements for initial licensure, advanced licensure, or add-on licensure.
- Completing our Ed.D. online program’s dissertation will allow you to make an impact in educational research that can be the basis for publications, curriculum material products, and other publishing opportunities.
- By choosing to take the online Ed.D. degree’s optional on-campus intensives, you can be confident that your skills and knowledge have been tested in a hands-on environment that will set you apart from fully online graduates.
When the superintendent of his local public school system retired, Liberty University Online graduate Dr. Richard J. Ney of New Jersey submitted his application for the position.
“After an intense round of interviews where I competed against a number of other qualified candidates, I was appointed superintendent and chief school administrator [in New Jersey]. I do not believe that I would have succeeded without having completed my doctoral studies at Liberty University.”
– Dr. Richard J. Ney, Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
What Will You Learn in Our Online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Secondary Education Degree Program?
In our online Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Secondary Education degree program, you will learn how to apply advanced educational theory and assessment techniques to high school teaching, giving you the tools you need to evaluate and improve your instruction methods. You will learn skills that can help you manage student behavior, adapt content for gifted education programs, and become a better administrator. Our online doctorate in education – secondary education degree will help prepare you for career advancement as well as enable you to be a better high school teacher – no matter what subject you teach.
Our online Ed.D. degree may be modified to fulfill initial teaching licensure requirements for secondary education. If you already hold initial licensure, you may also include requirements for advanced and add-on licensures in your secondary education doctoral program. Please speak with an admissions counselor for more information about adding licensure-track requirements to your online Ed.D. degree.
*Please note: Liberty University’s education programs are based on the State of Virginia’s grade level definitions. These definitions may vary from state to state.
- EDUC 629 – Technology and Diversity
- EDUC 741 – Theories of Leadership
- EDUC 771 – Curriculum Theory
- EDUC 817 – Qualitative Methods of Research
Our Online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Secondary Education Degree Program Highlights
- By earning your online Ed.D. degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past four years – and counting.
- In our online secondary education doctoral degree program, you will learn how to create curriculum and instruction that inspires students, addresses educational challenges, and is based on innovative research you can share with your field.
- Optional residential intensives give you the chance to meet peers and professors in your online Ed.D. program while developing your writing and research for your final dissertation phase.
You may also be interested in the online Education Specialist (Ed.S.) Degree.
Our Online Doctor of Secondary Education Degree Information
- This Ed.D. online degree program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the doctorate of secondary education’s Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Doctoral Advising Guide for more information about the research, optional intensives, and dissertation project.
- An education background check is required for all courses beyond EDUC 701.
- Please note that some states may have additional steps and requirements for licensure.
- View the graduate course syllabi (login required).
The School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) as an Educator Preparation Provider (EPP).
Military Benefits for Our Doctoral Secondary Education Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate students (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with a Doctor of Education Degree
- Curriculum Specialist
- Instructional Supervisor
- School Administrator
- High School Teacher
- Middle School Teacher (as defined by each state)
- College Administrator
As a terminal degree, Liberty’s online doctorate in education will provide many new opportunities to students currently holding licensure, seeking advanced or add-on licensure, or who are working in a field that does not require licensure. Students who earn a Doctor in Education through Liberty’s online Ed.D. degree program will receive a terminal credential from an institution accredited by NCATE through CAEP and will complete a doctoral dissertation that will demonstrate specialized advanced research abilities.
Graduates of Liberty’s Ed.D. degree program will have the skills needed to conduct additional research and content development in an academic setting or for third-party curriculum development companies. Students may also be able to use their Ed.D. degree to teach undergraduate and even graduate-level college students.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.D. in Secondary Education Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.