Become a More Successful Educator with Our Online Educational Specialist Degree Program
Are you an elementary teacher and interested in taking the next step in your career? Our Education Specialist (EdS) in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education degree can help. This program will immerse you in advanced studies regarding elementary education. These topics include learning theory and research, cutting-edge assessment techniques, and how to develop highly effective lesson plans.
With our online EdS in elementary education degree, you can be equipped for educational administrative roles. This program can help you develop curricula and learning tools for elementary students.
How long does it take to get an education specialist degree?
Our EdS program can be completed in about 1.5 years. Additionally, all of the classes in this degree are 100% online. This allows you to continue to dedicate time to your career and family while completing your coursework whenever and wherever is convenient for you.
Can you get a teaching job with an online degree?
Yes – you can absolutely get a teaching job with an online degree. You need to make sure the school you’re interested in is accredited, and the program leads to licensure.
Our EdS program is designed for licensed elementary school teachers who are seeking career advancement. This program does not lead to licensure. However, our Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) does meet all licensure requirements in Virginia with reciprocity in other states. If you need initial licensure, we encourage you to consider our M.A.T. program!
Is a specialist degree the same as a master’s?
No, a specialist degree is a postgraduate program. That means you are required to have a master’s degree to be admitted. Additionally, the coursework is doctoral level and can prepare you to pursue a doctorate later on.
Why Choose Liberty’s Education Specialist Online Degree?
At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. Our EdS degree is designed to provide you with an education that meets your professional needs. But it can also help you impact your students and other educators ethically. All of our courses are taught from a biblical perspective to help you become a leader of integrity.
Here are some additional reasons why we believe Liberty is the best online school for teaching:
- Our School of Education is accredited by NCATE, the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, through CAEP.
- Completing an EdS degree shows employers that you have advanced skills and training beyond the graduate level.
- This program balanced practical application with theory and research. You could make strides towards publishing groundbreaking research or a dissertation while developing fun exercises and lesson plans for elementary students.
- As an EdS graduate, you can transfer up to 27 credits into our Doctor of Education (EdD), giving you a jumpstart on your doctorate.
Is an Education Specialist degree worth it?
Yes, an EdS degree can absolutely be worth your time and effort. Aside from potential career advancement and increased knowledge, there’s a monetary benefit as well. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, those with a professional degree, like an EdS, make about $96,700 yearly. This is a 24% increase in salary compared to their counterparts with only a master’s.*
What Will You Learn in Our Online Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education Degree Program?
Our online Ed.S. degree program’s core classes are designed to give you a foundation in advanced research, theory, and assessment skills to enhance your previous graduate studies in education while providing you with the opportunity to specialize in more advanced roles. In addition, you will be able to choose educational leadership courses that can prepare you to lead with integrity in the classroom and beyond as you seek to advance your career.
Our online Ed.S in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education degree provides a customizable selection of specialized topics on elementary school education and learning development. You can select from a variety of practical classes such as advanced behavioral management and technology practices.
Highlights of Liberty University’s Online Elementary Education EdS Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com – and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online EdS degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- This program can help you manage curriculum and instruction improvements needed in elementary school settings.
- Upon graduating from the EdS program, you will be better prepared to step into administration roles.
- While completing your EdS degree, you will be trained in research and assessment skills to ensure your institution is providing effective instruction.
Our Online Elementary Education Specialist Degree Information
- This Ed.S. program falls under the School of Education.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- An education background check is required for all courses beyond EDUC 606 and EDUC 701.
- View the Postgraduate Advising Guide for more information about individual degree track requirements.
Our Education Specialist Degree Online Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with an Educational Specialist Degree
One of the most important factors in choosing to further your education is your career. If you are wondering what jobs an education studies degree can lead to, here are some potential options:
- College administrator
- Curriculum specialist
- Elementary school teacher
- Instructional supervisor
- K-12 school administrator
Admission Requirements for Our EdS Degree Online
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment (viewed online Sept. 21, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.