Make Our Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education Degree Your Stepping Stone to Success
At Liberty University, our Education Specialist – Curriculum and Instruction in Elementary Education degree program prepares you for the next step in your elementary education career. Our 100% online Ed.S. degree program will immerse you in advanced studies of learning theory and research, teach you cutting-edge institutional-level assessment techniques, and help you develop highly-effective curricula based on industry best practices. With our online Education Specialist – Elementary Education degree, you will be well-equipped for educational administrative roles and developing elementary-level curricula and learning tools.
Why Liberty’s Online Elementary Education Specialist Degree?
At Liberty University, we Train Champions for Christ, and our Ed.S. degree is designed to provide you with an education that not only meets your professional needs but helps you impact your students with biblical values. Our elementary education specialist degree program is taught by experienced educators who will help you ground your instruction in both biblical values and research-based best practices. You are dedicated to pursuing teaching excellence, and we are dedicated to giving you the postgraduate education you need to lead in your field with integrity and confidence.
Our online Ed.S in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education degree provides specialized study in elementary school-level learning tools and instruction methods. Our Elementary Education Ed.S degree balances practical application with theory and research, helping you create fun and effective exercises, teaching tools, and lesson plans for kindergarten through sixth grade. Our program also allows online Ed.S students to include additional requirements for initial, advanced, and add-on licensure.
What Are the Benefits of Pursuing an Education Specialist Degree Online?
- Completing an Ed.S. Degree shows employers that you have high-level learning theory, research, and curriculum development skills beyond that of the graduate level and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure you have the most advanced training.
- Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards through the CAEP Accreditation System, so your degree will be well-respected and highly recognized.
- You will conduct cutting-edge educational research through your post-graduate Ed.S. Degree that will equip you to publish groundbreaking insights into elementary education and make large steps toward a doctoral dissertation.
- Completion of your Ed.S. degree through Liberty University allows you to transfer in up to 27 credits to our Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree to give you a jumpstart on your doctorate!
- Our online Education Specialist degree gives you the opportunity to include licensure-track requirements for initial licensure, advanced licensure, or add-on licensure to your current credentials.
- If you elect to take advantage of the online EdS degree’s optional intensives, you can apply your skills and knowledge under the supervision of experienced educators in a hands-on environment that will set you apart from fully online graduates.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education Degree Program?
Our online Ed.S. degree program’s core classes are designed to give you a foundation in advanced research, theory, and assessment skills to enhance your previous graduate studies in education while providing you the opportunity to specialize in more advanced roles. Throughout our Education Specialist program, you will be able to choose educational leadership courses that will prepare you to lead with integrity in the classroom and beyond as you seek to advance your career.
Our online Ed.S in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education degree provides a customizable selection of specialized topics on elementary school education and learning development. You can select from a variety of practical classes such as advanced behavioral management and technology practices. Our online Ed.S. degree may also be modified to fulfill initial teaching licensure requirements for elementary school teaching and may include additional areas such as middle grades, secondary, and special education. Students who possess initial licensure who pursue the online Ed.S. degree may also include requirements for advanced and add-on licensures.
- EDUC 624 – Behavior Management
- EDUC 630 – Technology Practices for Instructional Improvement
- EDUC 735 – Issues and Trends in Teaching and Learning
- EDUC 771 – Curriculum Theory
If you wish to obtain licensure, refer to the additional courses listed on the bottom of the degree completion plans linked below.
Our Online Ed.S. in Elementary Education Program Highlights
- By earning your Ed.S. degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- While completing your Ed.S. degree online, you will develop new instructional methods and learning theory skills so that you can manage important higher-order curriculum and instruction improvements needed in K-12 and higher education institutions.
- You will be prepared to step into the role of an administrator with the Ed.S. degree’s core leadership courses.
- While completing your Ed.S. degree, you will be trained in essential research and assessment skills so that you can ensure your institution is providing effective instruction and know how to make improvements.
Similar Online Degree Program
You may also be interested in our online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree program.
Our Online Elementary Education Specialist Degree Information
- This Ed.S. program falls under the School of Education.
- View the Ed.S. program’s Degree Completion Plan.
- An education background check is required for all courses beyond EDUC 606 and EDUC 701.
- View the Post-Graduate Advising Guide for more information about individual degree track requirements.
- Please note that some states may have additional steps and requirements for licensure.
Military Benefits for Our Ed.S. in Elementary Education Program
Our Education Specialist Degree Online Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts $275 for graduate (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder(less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with an Educational Specialist Degree
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- K-12 school administrator
- Elementary school teacher
- College administrator
After completing our Education Specialist online program, you will have an advanced, post-master’s, NCATE-accredited degree that will allow you to pursue leadership roles in K-12 and higher education, as well as advanced, higher-order development of curriculum. The elementary education area of study will give you the opportunity to gain advanced expertise in elementary education and curriculum development, as well as add licensure requirements if needed to become an elementary school teacher. The skills and knowledge gained from our online Ed.S. degree may provide opportunities in private or public schools, third-party curriculum development or learning tool development companies, or for career advancement.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.