Inspire Others with Liberty’s Online Ed.S. in Educational Leadership Degree Program
You entered the field of education to inspire and mentor others in their educational journey. Take your training and credentials to the next level by earning an Education Specialist degree in educational leadership from Liberty University. With this degree, you will be equipped with the training you need to create an enhanced learning environment for all students, despite their background or education level. Your educational leadership degree will not just change your life; it will change the lives of countless others, as you become a leader in education.
At Liberty, we Train Champions for Christ, which means our online Ed.S. program in Educational Leadership is taught from a biblical worldview. Why? Because we believe in giving you the tools you need to lead with distinction and integrity for the glory of Christ. When you partner with us, your online Ed.S. degree program has a purpose: to prepare you to impact the world for eternity.
No matter where or in what position you lead, our online Ed.S. degree in educational leadership will give you the foundation you need to make the impact you always knew you could.
Why Choose Liberty’s Education Specialist – Educational Leadership Online Degree Program?
As an educator, you strive for excellence and challenging educational experiences; that is why you are pursuing your Education Specialist degree. At Liberty, we are dedicated to excellence too, and offer rigorous academic programs to help you reach your full potential. With our online degree programs, you have access to the same quality education we provide our residential students in the comfort of your own home.
We have been pioneering distance learning since 1985 and have used that experience to develop a flexible and affordable Ed.S. degree program that meets your needs. As a 100% online degree with optional intensives, our educational specialist program allows you to further your education without relocating. Because this Education Specialist degree also has no set login times, you have the ability to maintain your family, career, and community responsibilities while earning your degree.
When you earn your Ed.S. degree online with us, you can trust that you are receiving a quality education that will be respected in your field. Our online Educational Specialist degree program is accredited under NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) standards through the CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) accreditation system.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Ed.S. in Educational Leadership Degree Program?
Our faculty members have real-world experience as educators, just like you. They know you need practical theories and methods you can use, as well as opportunities to implement what you learn. They will also teach you how to apply the latest research and learning theories at a variety of levels, so you can create a better learning environment for your students whether you lead in the classroom or an administrative role. Our professors are dedicated to mentorship, so you can be sure you will have the support you need as you rise to a new level of leadership in education.
In our online Education Specialist degree program, you will explore the complexities that diversity and exceptionality bring to the classroom, as well as how to motivate all learners. You will also look at the historical and social foundations of education so you can better communicate with the public as an education leader. Also, we know your degree should be tailored to your needs, so you have the opportunity to select a few elective classes and study what matters most to you.
Our Ed.S. in Educational Leadership Degree Program Highlights
By earning your Ed.S. in Educational Leadership degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past four years – and counting.
- Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards through the CAEP Accreditation System, so your degree will be well-respected and highly recognized.
- Completion of your Ed.S. degree through Liberty University allows you to transfer in up to 27 credits to our Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree to give you a jumpstart on your doctorate!
While completing your Ed.S. in Educational Leadership degree online, you will hone your instructional methods and understanding of learning theory so that you can manage the crucial higher-order curriculum and instruction improvements needed in K-12 and higher education institutions.
- You will be equipped to step into the role of an administrator with our Ed.S. degree program’s core leadership courses.
- While completing the Ed.S. – Educational Leadership degree online, you will be trained in essential research and assessment skills so that you can ensure your institution is providing effective teaching and help make improvements.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Ed.S. in Higher Education Administration – This Education Specialist degree is designed to prepare you for educational leadership on the collegiate level. In this online Ed.S. program, you will learn how student needs differ in post-secondary education, as well as the intricacies of intercollegiate athletics and general administrative practices. This degree also functions as a stepping-stone to the Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration.
- Ed.D. in Educational Leadership – This degree will provide the tools you need to inspire others as an educational administrator, university faculty member, senior-level educational leader, or educational policymaker. Through your doctoral dissertation, you will have the opportunity to contribute your innovative research and experience to the field of education, helping to shape the best teaching practices of tomorrow.
- This Education Specialist program falls under the School of Education.
- View the Post-Graduate Advising Guide.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this Ed.S. program.
- View the online educational leadership specialist program’s course syllabi (login required).
Our Education Specialist Degree’s Online Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts $275 for graduate (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder(less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- School administrator
- K-12 or college teacher
- College administrator
After completing our Education Specialist online program, you will have an advanced, post-master’s, NCATE-accredited degree that will allow you to pursue leadership roles in K-12 and higher education, as well as advanced, higher-order development of curriculum. The education leadership area of study will give you the opportunity to gain advanced expertise in administrative roles in education, as well as add licensure requirements if needed to become a licensed teacher. The skills and knowledge gained from our online Ed.S. degree may provide opportunities in private or public schools, third-party curriculum development or learning tool development companies, or for career advancement.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.S. in Educational Leadership Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.