Foster Your Students’ Cognitive and Psychological Development with Liberty’s EdS in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology Degree Online
Do you want to strengthen your effectiveness as an education professional? Whether you are a teacher, administrator, or curriculum specialist, it’s important that you understand how students learn and retain information – so you can ensure they receive the support and instruction they need to thrive in school.
With Liberty University’s online Education Specialist (EdS) in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology degree, you can explore theories of cognitive and psychological development as they relate to teaching and learning. That way, you can shape your curriculum design and instructional strategies to meet the needs of your students.
By conducting an in-depth study of human learning, you can prepare to teach and support students of all ages. Whether you are a K-12 education practitioner or a higher education professional, our EdS in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology can help provide the training you need to solve important problems in the field. Additionally, you can transfer up to 27 credits from this program into our Doctor of Education (EdD) in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology – so you’ll be 50% of the way done with your doctorate if you decide to pursue your EdD later on!
Partner with us and prepare to offer your students a top-notch education that equips them for the future.
Please note: The EdS in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology is a non-licensure program.
Why Choose Liberty’s EdS in Curriculum and Instruction – Online Educational Psychology Degree?
At Liberty, you won’t just receive an education – you’ll have the opportunity to grow personally, professionally, and academically as you engage with your professors and classmates through our top-notch online learning platform. We’ve designed our online educational psychology degree to offer you the best in affordability, accessibility, and quality academics.
Here’s what sets us apart:
- Accreditation | Liberty is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) – so you can be confident that you’re pursuing a degree of the highest quality.
- Flexibility | Our EdS in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology degree program is offered 100% online with 8-week courses and no set login times – giving you the freedom to fit your coursework into your schedule. That way, whether you’re a parent, a working professional, or have other important commitments outside of school, you’ll have the flexibility to pursue your studies without putting your life on hold.
- Transfer Credit Opportunities | Maybe you’ve previously completed EdS coursework at another university, or perhaps you have relevant life experience that can translate to college credit. Either way, we’ve designed our EdS in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology to be as transfer-friendly as possible. As an EdS student, you can potentially transfer in up to 50% of your total credit hours – giving you a head start on your degree, so you can save time and money.
What Will You Learn in Our EdS in Educational Psychology Online Program?
In this program, you’ll study current theories and research in the field of educational learning – particularly with regards to classroom management, motivation, diversity, exceptionalities, assessment, child development, at-risk students, and teaching. You can also learn how to use effective research strategies to promote student achievement and create an environment conducive to learning.
Additionally, you’ll be able to pick and choose some courses from a list of available options – so you can personalize your degree to match your unique goals and interests. Some of the topics you could study include theories of educational leadership, curriculum theory, issues and trends in learning technologies, curriculum design and development, or the historical and philosophical principles that have shaped education on a global basis. You’ll also explore advanced topics in educational research and writing, so you can prepare for future research opportunities in academia and in the field.
Within the educational psychology specialization, you’ll explore the psychological foundations of teaching and learning as well as the cognitive processes involved in learning. Your courses will also cover theories of physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development across the lifespan. By gaining a thorough understanding of the process of human growth and learning, you can become better equipped to meet the unique needs of your students – from kindergarteners to college students.
- EDUC 701 – Advanced Learning Theory and Research
- EDUC 775 – Advanced Educational Psychology
- EDUC 776 – Motivation and Cognition in Learning
- PSYC 725 – Theories and Research in Developmental Psychology
Highlights of Our EdS in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology Degree Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your EdS in educational psychology online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- At Liberty, you can earn your EdS in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology degree online in as little as 1 year!
- Up to 27 credits from this EdS degree can be applied toward our Doctor of Education (EdD) in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology – allowing you to get a head start on your doctorate.
EdS in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology Degree Program Information
- This Education Specialist program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- This is a non-licensure program.
Military Benefits for Our EdS in Curriculum and Instruction – Online Educational Psychology Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discount – $275 per credit hour for EdS/EdD courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
What Can You Do with an Educational Psychology Degree?
Some of the roles you could pursue with this degree include:
- College/university administrator
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- School administrator*
*Some positions may require licensure. The EdS in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology is a non-licensure program.
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s EdS in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Psychology Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.