Make a Positive Impact on Students with Our Online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Middle Grades Education Degree
You have a passion for improving education in your classroom and beyond – and our online Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction: Middle Grades Education degree program will provide you with the advanced education administration, research, curriculum development, and learning theory skills you need to make a positive impact on the education field.
Our 100% online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Middle Grades Education degree will help you become an expert in middle school teaching, classroom management, and content development, so you can create fun and effective learning environments for your students and share your discoveries with other teachers across the nation.
Why Choose Liberty’s Doctor of Education in Middle Grades Education Degree?
At Liberty, we are dedicated to supporting you as a student, a professional, and an individual. Throughout your online doctoral degree, you can learn from experienced professionals in the field of education who will mentor you through your development into an advanced educator, administrator, and researcher. Our Ed.D. degree can prepare you to address problems in middle school education and share your research with the field, allowing you to impact students beyond your classroom. Our 100% online curriculum and instruction Ed.D. program gives you the flexibility you need to earn your doctorate without putting a hold on your personal and professional commitments
Our online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction — Middle Grades Education program can equip you to be an expert in middle school education best practices and advanced techniques. Throughout your online middle school education degree program, you will study young adolescents’ physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development, helping you form lesson plans that better meet their learning needs. Our middle school education doctoral degree is designed to give you the tools you need to enhance middle school education as a teacher, administrator, or curriculum developer.
What Are the Benefits of Our Online Doctorate in Education — Middle School Education Degree?
- Completing an Ed.D. degree gives you a terminal educational credential that shows employers that you have reached the pinnacle of your field’s achievement.
- Unlike many doctoral programs, Liberty’s online Doctor of Education program integrates the doctoral capstone project research into your course material so that you can complete this comprehensive demonstration of your education expertise more quickly.
When the superintendent of his local public school system retired, Liberty University Online graduate Dr. Richard J. Ney of New Jersey submitted his application for the position.
“After an intense round of interviews where I competed against a number of other qualified candidates, I was appointed superintendent and chief school administrator [in New Jersey]. I do not believe that I would have succeeded without having completed my doctoral studies at Liberty University.”
Dr. Richard J. Ney, Ed.D.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction — Middle Grades Program?
The core content of our online Ed.D. program will enhance your understanding of essential educational concepts while giving you practical classroom management tools and helping you publish cutting-edge research. Our middle grades education doctoral degree applies advanced educational theory and assessment techniques to middle school classrooms, providing a wealth of new tools for middle school teachers, administrators, and curriculum developers. Building on this new knowledge, your capstone will help you formulate what you have learned into a major research project, giving you the opportunity to discover solutions to current education challenges.
Please note: Liberty University’s education programs are based on the State of Virginia’s grade level definitions. These definitions may vary from state to state.
- EDUC 676 — Middle Grades Curriculum and Methods
- EDUC 730 — Issues and Trends in Learning Technologies
- EDUC 816 — Applied Research Methods
- EDUC 871 — Investigations in Curriculum Change
Our Online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction — Middle Grades Education Degree Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online Ed.D. degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
Our Doctor of Education – Middle Grades Degree Information
- This online Ed.D. program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review this doctorate in education’s Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Doctoral Advising Guide for more information about this program.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits of Our Online Doctorate in Education Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Careers with a Middle Grades Education Ed.D. Degree
- College administrator
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- Middle school teacher
- School administrator
Students who become a Doctor in Education through Liberty’s online Ed.D. degree program will complete a doctoral capstone project that will demonstrate their abilities in specialized advanced research.
As a graduate of the Ed.D. degree, students will be able to conduct additional research and content development in an academic setting, for third-party curriculum development companies, and work in K-12 districts to develop more effective learning content. Students may also be able to use their Ed.D. degree to teach undergraduate and often graduate-level college students.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction — Middle Grades Education Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.