Impact the Lives of Countless Children with Our Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education Degree
You want to expand your knowledge so you can serve the specific needs of all your students, and our online Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education degree provides the advanced education administration, research, curriculum development, and learning theory skills you need to make a positive impact on the world of education. Our online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education degree will equip you for an advanced teaching career in elementary, middle school, or high school settings, or enable you to become an administrator of a special needs program.
Through cutting-edge research, educational technology, and curriculum development tools, our online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education degree will prepare you to tackle challenges in special education and help children with special needs find the support they need to reach their potential.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Doctorate in Special Education?
Our online doctorate in education program will provide you with knowledgeable professionals in the field of education who will mentor you in your development as an advanced educator, administrator, and researcher. Our Ed.D. degree offers a robust theoretical framework that will help you evaluate and address teaching challenges in K-12 and higher education settings. Unlike many doctoral programs, Liberty’s online Ed.D. degree gives you the freedom to focus on your coursework at home and complete essential hands-on training with flexible scheduling.
Students who earn a Doctor in Education through our online Ed.D. degree will receive a credential accredited by NCATE through CAEP and will complete a doctoral capstone project that will demonstrate specialized research applied to educational practice.
What Are the Benefits of Our Online Doctorate in Education?
- Completing an Ed.D. degree gives you a terminal educational credential that shows employers that you have reached the pinnacle of your field’s achievement.
- The online Ed.D. degree’s optional on-campus intensives give you the opportunity to test your skills and knowledge in a hands-on environment that will set you apart from fully online graduates.
When the superintendent of his local public school system retired, Liberty University online graduate Dr. Richard J. Ney of New Jersey submitted his application for the position.
“After an intense round of interviews where I competed against a number of other qualified candidates, I was appointed superintendent and chief school administrator [in New Jersey]. I do not believe that I would have succeeded without having completed my doctoral studies at Liberty University.”
– Dr. Richard J. Ney, Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
What Will You Learn in Our Online Ed.D. in Special Education Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program?
The core content of Liberty’s special education Ed.D. program will enhance your understanding of essential educational concepts while giving you practical classroom management tools and helping you publish cutting-edge research. The special education area of study for our online Ed.D. degree advances your skills in quantitative and qualitative methods of research, establishes advanced learning theory and research skills, and provides many other essential competencies for advanced educators. Earning your education doctoral degree will help you gain new tools you can adapt to your students whether you serve in school administration, curriculum development, or the classroom.
The special education area of study uses these advanced research, assessment, and development skills to solve practical problems in special needs education. In the Ed.D. in special education degree program, you will not only examine developing trends in educational technology and learning tools, but you will also study the organization and design of gifted education programs and educational assessments for special needs students and programs.
- EDUC 701 – Advanced Learning Theory and Research
- EDSP 722 – History and Future of Special Education
- EDSP 724 – Collaboration and Communication in Special Education
- EDSP 725 – Assessment and Evaluation in Special Education
Our Ed.D. in Special Education Online Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Ed.D. degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- In our online Ed.D. degree program, you will develop educational management skills that will help you foster leadership in teachers and students.
- Liberty is among 7% of universities who have earned distinction as a doctoral university through the Carnegie Foundation.
- Optional intensives allow you to meet peers and professors in your online Ed.D. program while developing your writing and research for your final capstone project phase.
- You can complete our Ed.D. degree program online in as little as 3 years.
You may also be interested in the online Education Specialist (Ed.S.) Degree.
Doctor of Special Education Online Degree Information
- This Ed.D. program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Doctoral Advising Guide for more information about research, optional intensives, and your capstone project.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- An education background check is required for all courses beyond EDUC 701.
Military Benefits of the Ed.D. in Special Education Online Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Careers with an Ed.D. Degree in Special Education
- College administrator/instructor
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- School administrator
- Special education teacher
As a graduate of our online Ed.D. degree in special education, you will be able to conduct advanced research and content development in an academic setting for third-party curriculum development companies and for K-12 districts. You may also be able to use your Ed.D. degree to teach undergraduate and graduate-level college students.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.