Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Education for Your Online Postgraduate Education Degree?
Postgraduate degrees include intermediary, post-master’s programs as well as full doctoral programs. On this page, you will find information about our non-doctoral postgraduate programs. If you are interested in a full doctoral program, please visit the School of Education’s doctoral degrees page.
Our postgraduate degrees can be completed 100% online so that you can stay connected to your family, your work, and your community while you study. With Liberty, you can pursue the Education Specialist (Ed.S.) degree for a faster track with no dissertation and then pursue a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) or Ph.D. in Education when you’re ready. If you need post-master’s training that will set you apart, Liberty has the flexible program tracks you need.
Liberty’s postgraduate education programs offer advanced studies of learning theory and research to prepare you for education leadership and advanced teaching at the K-12 and university settings. Some of the things you can learn in Liberty’s education degrees include:
- Cutting-edge institutional-level testing and measurement techniques
- How to implement the newest learning technologies into the classroom for more effective learning
Whether you are looking to pursue future doctoral studies or not, an Ed.S. degree will provide the in-demand training you need to become a better teacher and help you tackle institutional-level education challenges.
Education Postgraduate Programs
Liberty’s online Education Specialist postgraduate degrees have many specific areas of study to tailor your advanced post-master’s studies to your unique needs.
Liberty’s 100% online Education Specialist (Ed.S.) is a transitional degree for students who want to enhance their teaching and educational leadership skills but are not ready or do not wish to pursue a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.).
Liberty’s 100% online Education Specialist (Ed.S.) in Higher Education Administration is a transitional program designed for students who want to work in higher education. Credits from this degree can potentially be used toward a full doctorate later on.
What’s Special About the School of Education?
- All of our School of Education initial and advanced licensure programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Liberty University holds institutional accreditation through (SACSCOC), the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- The ability to join Kappa Delta Pi (KDP), which is an international honor society in education with the purpose of promoting excellence in future professionals and recognizing the outstanding contributions made to education.
What Are the Benefits of an Online Postgraduate Degree in Education from Liberty?
Our online postgraduate degree programs offer students great benefits, including:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online postgraduate degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Our degree programs are offered in 8-week course formats, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times!
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)