Liberty University DBA Online Admission Requirements
Our Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) has a competitive admissions process. Meeting the admission requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the program. The Office of Graduate Admissions, when conducting admission reviews, may request additional documentation to evaluate a candidate’s record before a final admissions decision can be made.
If you have further questions about admission requirements for this program, please contact email@example.com.
- Apply online or call an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9596 to apply over the phone.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Mail official transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy or sent via a direct electronic transcript system) showing an earned master’s degree in business or a business-related field with at least 30 hours of graduate business credit from a regionally or nationally accredited institution. You may also file a transcript request form to allow Liberty to attempt to request your transcripts on your behalf. Additional requirements will be necessary for the accounting and information systems areas of study.* A cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above is required for entrance into the program.
- Up to 50% of doctoral program coursework may be transferred in (7-year age limit)/nontransferable courses – BUSI 701, 885, 887, 888, 889, 890
- Applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or an approved alternate test of English proficiency: the Duolingo English test, the TOEFL Essentials test, International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP). Applicants must earn a minimum score of 8.5 on the TOEFL Essentials test, 105 on the Duolingo English test, 80 on the Internet-based TOEFL, a 3.9 on the iTEP, a 6.5 on the IELTS, or an equivalent score on an approved alternate test for all graduate degree programs. Applicants who have an earned degree from a college or university in the U.S. or other English-speaking country or school may have the TOEFL requirement waived by the Office of Graduate Admissions. Alternatively, applicants who successfully complete the levels of English-Second-Language (ESL) instruction indicated below at 1 of 2 schools will have the TOEFL requirement waived. Students will have their application held until transcripts from one of the below schools are received.
DBA in Accounting: One of the following degrees is required:
M.S. in Accounting
MBA in Accounting
DBA in Information Systems: One of the following degrees is required:
M.S. in Information Systems
M.S. in Management Information Systems
MBA in Information Systems
At least 12 hours in information systems which must:
Have a grade of C or better.
Include a minimum of 3 hours in information systems enterprise modeling or information systems analysis and design or information systems enterprise architecture or equivalent coursework focused on UML (unified modeling language).
Include a minimum of 9 hours in any graduate-level information systems courses including database, data management and analytics, information systems enterprise architecture, human-computer interaction, information systems management, information technology management, computer networking, computer programming, project management, computer security, and/or information systems analysis and design.
Doctoral Programs Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements.
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information
Back to the Doctor of Business Administration