Liberty University DBA Online Admission Requirements
Our Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) has a competitive admissions process. Meeting the admission requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the program. The Office of Graduate Admissions, when conducting admission reviews, may request additional documentation to evaluate a candidate’s record before a final admissions decision can be made.
If you have further questions about admission requirements for this program, please contact the School of Business at email@example.com.
- Apply online or call an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9596 to apply over the phone.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Mail official transcripts (a sealed, unopened copy or sent via a direct electronic transcript system) showing an earned master’s degree in business or a business-related field with at least 30 hours of graduate business credit from a regionally or nationally accredited institution. You may also file a transcript request form to allow Liberty to attempt to request your transcripts on your behalf. Additional requirements will be necessary for the accounting and information systems areas of study.* A cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above is required for entrance into the program.
- 15 hours of doctoral program coursework may be transferred in (5 year age limit)/nontransferable courses – DBA 700, 785, 988, 989, 990
- 12 hours from a Master of Business Administration or Master of Science in Accounting specialization may transfer to its relevant area of study (these courses may instead be taken online):
- Healthcare Management
- Human Resource
- Project Management
- Information Systems
- International Business
- Applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or an approved alternate test of English proficiency: International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP). Applicants must earn a minimum score of 80 on the Internet-based TOEFL, a 3.9 on the iTEP, a 6.5 on the IELTS, or an equivalent score on an approved alternate test for all graduate degree programs. Applicants who have an earned degree from a college or university in the U.S. or other English-speaking country or school may have the TOEFL requirement waived by the Office of Graduate Admissions. Alternatively, applicants who successfully complete the levels of English-Second-Language (ESL) instruction indicated below at one of two schools will have the TOEFL requirement waived. Students will have their application held until transcripts from one of the below schools are received.
DBA in Accounting: One of the following degrees is required:
M.S. in Accounting
MBA in Accounting
DBA in Information Systems: One of the following degrees is required:
M.S. in Information Systems
M.S. in Management Information Systems
MBA in Information Systems
At least 12 hours in information systems which must:
Have a grade of C or better.
Include a minimum of 3 hours in information systems enterprise modeling or information systems analysis and design or information systems enterprise architecture or equivalent coursework focused on UML (unified modeling language).
Include a minimum of 9 hours in any graduate-level information systems courses including database, data management and analytics, information systems enterprise architecture, human-computer interaction, information systems management, information technology management, computer networking, computer programming, project management, computer security, and/or information systems analysis and design.
Doctoral Programs Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements.
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information
Back to the Doctor of Business Administration