Brighten the Future of Healthcare with a DBA in Healthcare Management
If you are seeking top-level management positions in the healthcare field, Liberty University’s online Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) – Healthcare Management degree can help prepare you for professional success. Our program provides advanced training in management, human resource development, and quality control. At Liberty, you can develop the communication, research, and leadership skills needed to boost your résumé and help you take your career to the next level.
This 100% online degree is designed to fit your busy schedule while offering a high-quality education. You’ll dive into aspects of both business and healthcare, study how to streamline business processes, learn to provide patients with quality care, and prepare to lead your organization to success. Partner with us and train to become an expert in the field of healthcare administration.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
What You Need to Know About Earning Your Doctorate in Health Care Management
When choosing a postgraduate program, it’s important to understand how a doctorate can impact your future and help you grow professionally. There are many questions you may have as you consider pursuing a DBA, such as:
- Can someone with a DBA be called a doctor? — A DBA in Healthcare Management focuses on the business side of health care instead of clinical training. While earning a DBA does not make you a doctor in the medical sense, this is a doctorate degree that, much like a PhD, allows you to use the title of “doctor.”
- How much can you make in a healthcare management career? — According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for medical and health services managers is $104,280 per year. This field is projected to grow 32% from 2019 to 2029, which is much faster than the average for all industries.*
- What’s the difference between a DBA in Healthcare Administration and a PhD in Healthcare Management? — While a PhD and a DBA are both terminal degrees that offer advanced training, they are designed to train you for different career paths. A PhD in Healthcare Administration can help you pursue a career in academia, perhaps as a college professor. In contrast, a DBA focuses on providing vocational knowledge that can be applied to a career in the real world of business.
Why Choose Liberty’s DBA in Healthcare Management Program?
At Liberty, we’re committed to your success. Our healthcare administration program is designed to help you develop practical, on-the-job skills and knowledge that can be applied to your career. You’ll learn from professors who have years of real-world experience in the healthcare industry. Drawing on what they have learned in their own careers, they can help strengthen your expertise and help you pursue several career paths.
If you’re worried that school will get in the way of your other commitments and priorities, we have just what you need. This doctorate program is 100% online, so you won’t have to worry about taking on-campus courses. With no set login times, you’ll have the flexibility to complete your coursework when and where it’s most convenient for you.
What sets Liberty apart from other schools? We don’t just offer an education — we seek to Train Champions for Christ and equip students like you to lead with excellence and integrity in the workplace. Join us and prepare to take the next step in your career.
Why Pursue a Doctorate Degree in Health Management?
A degree in healthcare management may be a good choice for those seeking an administrative or leadership position in the health care industry. Maybe you already work in healthcare management and want to expand your skill set or pursue higher-level roles. Whether you’re looking to start a new job or advance in your current career, a DBA can help you achieve your goals.
By choosing a doctorate degree in healthcare administration, you’re taking an important step that may increase your employment opportunities and help you stand out from other job candidates. Additionally, you can gain the specialized skills and knowledge needed to lead in the industry and provide patients with the best care possible.
Effective management is a vital part of fostering a positive environment for hospital patients and staff. Choosing this degree can help prepare you to make a difference in the lives of others.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Healthcare Management Program?
In this program, you can learn how to communicate effectively with patients, staff, and stakeholders in the world of healthcare. By gaining a solid foundation in business and understanding the challenges that face health professionals, you can hone your leadership skills and pursue roles in healthcare administration at your organization.
Our business courses dive into many important topics, such as supply chain management, quantitative research methods, and consulting techniques. You’ll study how to promote company growth, allocate financial resources, and develop marketing strategies. You’ll also explore current issues and topics in the business field — allowing you to fully understand the industry and use that knowledge to further your organization’s success.
By examining the legal and ethical issues facing health professionals today, you can prepare to offer solutions that align with industry best practices. This program explains how to effectively manage everything from finances to healthcare workers, so you can develop strong business acumen and establish working relationships.
Our DBA focuses on creating and maintaining a productive health environment, which is why you’ll study human resource management and healthcare informatics. You’ll also explore healthcare systems on a local, national, and international level so that you can develop innovative solutions to unique challenges. Completing an applied doctoral research project will allow you to conduct practical research related to your specialization.
- BUSI 505 – Healthcare Informatics
- BUSI 506 – Legal and Ethical Issues for Health Professionals
- BUSI 511 – Healthcare Administration
- BUSI 646 – Managing Human Capital in Healthcare
Admission Requirements for the Doctor of Health Administration Online Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree in business or a business-related field with at least 30 hours of graduate business credit with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Doctorate in Healthcare Administration Online Degree Information
- The DBA program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
- Download the Doctor of Business Administration Handbook for additional program information.
What Can You Do with a DBA in Healthcare Administration?
Earning a doctorate in healthcare administration can help you pursue a variety of careers in the healthcare industry. You can gain the business, leadership, and decision-making skills needed to take your career to the next level. After completing our DBA program, some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Healthcare administrator
- Hospital administrator
- Management consultant
- Medical and health services manager
- Nonprofit organization director
- Nursing home administrator
Highlights of Earning a DBA at Liberty University
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online DBA from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- Liberty University’s School of Business is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation, soaving an ACBSP-accredited degree may give you an advantage in the job market and help you stand out to employers.
- As an online student, you can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal.
- You can complete your doctorate in healthcare management in about 3 years.
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Medical and Health Services Managers (viewed online June 24, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.