Conduct Your Real Estate Business with Excellence by Earning a DBA
Your MBA helped you achieve more in your field, giving you vital knowledge and credentials – but your pursuit of education is not over. A DBA represents the highest academic achievement you can obtain in business leadership. More than that, a doctorate prepares you to give back through groundbreaking research that can change the business world as we know it.
With a Doctor of Business Administration degree on your wall and “Dr.” in your name, your career prospects and marketability skyrocket. Your degree shows employers your dedication to the real estate management industry, and can even allow you to combine your years of work experience with your academic credentials as you teach the next generation of business leaders in a university setting.
You’ve more than proven yourself, but why stop when you can become unstoppable? Liberty University’s DBA in Real Estate Development can help you achieve the professional and personal development you dream of.
Why Choose Liberty’s Real Estate DBA Degree?
Making smart investments is what you do – and choosing Liberty means partnering with a school as invested in your success as you are. Our business professors have completed the same rigorous doctoral process you are embarking on. With their insight and passion for business leadership, you can gain invaluable knowledge and professional relationships with faculty who care.
Speaking of investing in your career, pursuing a doctoral degree in real estate management can greatly increase your earning potential and overall job outlook. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median yearly salary for chief executives in 2018 was more than $185,000.* And with over 2.5 million executive positions in the United States alone, your ability to open doors to new fields will be unmatched.
With MBA degrees becoming more common, a Doctor of Business Administration in Real Estate will elevate your skill set and help you stand out to current and prospective employers. So whether you want to run your own real estate management firm, or you want to transition to higher education and invest in tomorrow’s business leaders, Liberty’s DBA offers a prestigious path to a lucrative and rewarding future.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational outlook handbook: Top executives, 2019 (viewed online September 10, 2019). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our DBA in Real Estate Management?
Within the program, you will evaluate the business environment based on industry best practices. You will learn how to craft and recommend appropriate business strategies, policies, and solutions for sustainable competitive advantage to help your business succeed in the marketplace.
All of your real estate development courses will be taken alongside advanced business classes in executive coaching, quality management, strategic leadership, and business research methods. A research project is incorporated throughout the program, so all the ideas and skills you learn along the way can be seamlessly woven into your final project.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses for more information.
- BUSI 730 – Strategic Allocation of Financial Resources
- BUSI 750 – Human Resource Development
- BUSI 755 – Organizational and Executive Coaching
Admission Requirements for Our Online DBA Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree in business or a business-related field with at least 30 hours of graduate business credit with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Real Estate Development DBA Degree Information
- This DBA program falls under the School of Business.
- View the Doctor of Business Administration Handbook for additional program information.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Course Syllabi (login required).
The Applied Doctoral Research Project (ADRP) in the DBA program relates to a business problem in your specialization.
Career Options with a DBA in Real Estate
- College professor
- Commercial lender
- Commercial property developer
- Construction manager
- Land development manager
- Leasing agent
- Mortgage loan officer
- Property manager
- Real estate broker
- Real estate developer
Highlights of Our Online Real Estate DBA
- By earning your DBA in Real Estate Development degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- Most students are able to complete our DBA online program in about 3 years.
- You will have opportunities to network with other business leaders in the program from around the country.
- You will be granted access to a wide variety of online resources through our library’s search portal while you pursue your online DBA degree.