Become an IT Leadership and Management Expert with Liberty’s DBA in Information Technology and Systems Degree
Are you a business and technology professional who wants to take the next step and gain a terminal degree in your field? Liberty University’s 100% online Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Information Systems degree can help.
This program will prepare you to excel in business through academic research and practical training. Our DBA in Information Systems focuses on business management as well as the design and implementation of technological strategies in the workplace.
Our DBA in Information Systems provides opportunities for hands-on experience in real-world settings. Earning a DBA in Information Systems from Liberty University can equip you to create innovative solutions for challenges in technology and business.
What’s the difference between an MBA and a DBA?
An MBA is a Master of Business Administration while a DBA is a Doctor of Business Administration. An MBA will cover advanced classes in business and is often an entry-level position requirement for many companies.
A DBA is a terminal degree that provides doctoral study and typically a research project or dissertation. This degree will give you the highest attainable level of education in your field. Additionally, a DBA will likely increase your earning potential and job opportunities.*
What’s the difference between a DBA and a PhD?
If you’re considering a DBA or PhD in business information systems, you may be wondering what the difference is. Both programs are terminal degrees that will offer advanced training in their respective areas. So what are your career goals? This question will help determine which program is right for you.
A PhD in information technology online will likely be geared toward preparing you for academia. PhD programs typically require an extensive dissertation. Additionally, most programs also require work at a college or university throughout the program.
A DBA focuses more on developing your professional skills to continue actively pursuing business. You will complete coursework that deals with practical business and technology challenges. Your research project will also be focused on a concept that you might handle within your profession.
Does a DBA require a dissertation?
No – the DBA at Liberty University does not have a dissertation requirement. However, our program does have a required research project designed to prepare you for a real-life business challenge.
Should I get a PhD in Information Systems?
Pursuing an online PhD in Information Systems is a serious decision and time commitment. At Liberty University, we offer a DBA that can provide you with benefits you may not receive with a PhD program.
Here are some of those benefits:
- Our DBA in Information Systems can be completed in just 3 years – much faster than a typical PhD program.
- This program has a required research project that focuses on a real-world business issue, rather than a years-long dissertation.
- Coursework in our DBA is focused on practical application. You will be prepared to lead in the business world with the option to teach at the university level.
Why Pursue a DBA at Liberty University?
At Liberty, we believe in your success and are dedicated to supporting you as a student and a professional. Our Doctor of Business Administration in Information Systems was created to provide you with maximum flexibility. This degree is 100% online with optional intensives – so you can network with peers and professors if and when it’s best for you.
Our DBA degree program’s online classes are taught by professors with real-world experience in the business and information systems fields. You can be confident you are receiving a quality education that will prepare you to advance your career.
Here are some additional benefits of earning your DBA with Liberty University:
- Challenging curriculum | Our DBA has met rigorous accreditation standards, and as a terminal degree, it will test your knowledge and abilities.
- Increased earning potential | On average, professionals with a doctorate earn nearly 26% more than their counterparts with only a master’s.*
- Respected education | Liberty University’s DBA is accredited by ACBSP, the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
- Specialized knowledge | You will learn how to plan, execute, and evaluate business and technological solutions to protect an organization’s critical information and assets.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Doctor of Information Technology and Systems?
At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. That means our degrees are designed to prepare you to lead in your field with excellence and integrity. We provide academic excellence grounded in a biblical worldview. Our goal is to help you integrate Christian principles into your professional life.
Our DBA in Information Systems emphasizes real-world applications. Your coursework and research project will help you prepare for the challenges you may face as a business leader. Our program can help you gain the practical skills you will need for success.
- BMIS 510 – Enterprise Models
- BMIS 530 – Systems Analysis, Modeling, and Design
- BMIS 580 – Human-Computer Interaction and Emerging Technologies
- BUSI 740 – Strategic Supply Chain Management
Admission Requirements for Our Online DBA Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree in information systems with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Degree Information for Liberty University’s DBA
- This DBA program falls under the School of Business.
- View the Doctor of Business Administration Handbook for additional program information.
- Download and review the DBA in Information Systems Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
The Applied Doctoral Research Project (ADRP) in the DBA program relates to a business problem in your specialization.
Potential Careers with an Information Systems Doctoral Degree
- Data science and networking consultant
- Data administration manager
- Director of systems integration
- University professor
Highlights of Liberty University’s Online DBA
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online DBA from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Liberty University’s Doctor of Business Administration is accredited by ACBSP, the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- You will be granted access to a wide variety of online resources through Liberty University’s library portal throughout your pursuit of an information systems doctorate degree.
- You can complete your DBA online in about 3 years.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment (viewed online September 16, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.