Go Global with a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) Degree in International Business
Let’s face it — you have a master’s degree and a proven track record of corporate success, but you’ve always had an itch to get your doctorate. For you, a doctorate could be a personal goal, a career-enhancing credential, or both. At Liberty, we make earning your terminal degree easier than ever by bringing the classroom directly to you.
Liberty University’s 100% online Doctor of Business Administration in International Business degree is designed to take your current knowledge and skills in business to the next level. Our DBA in International Business degree provides leadership-based courses designed to prepare you for executive positions in international companies. At Liberty, we care about your success. We are dedicated to helping you lead with excellence and integrity, wherever your career takes you. If you’re a working professional in search of an online international business administration degree from a regionally accredited university, Liberty’s DBA in International Business may be for you.
What is the difference between a DBA in International Business and a PhD in International Business?
The difference between a PhD in International Business online and a DBA online lies in the emphasis of each degree. The career goals of each student also play a role in which degree is chosen. Depending on the college or university, both degrees typically cover the basics of business, such as human resource management, finance, business and management, international trade, and international marketing.
The DBA focuses more on the practical side of business, while the PhD focuses on the theoretical. A DBA student, for example, is likely a business professional with significant real-world experience who is looking for a career-enhancing credential. A PhD student is more likely to be an aspiring academic who wants to conduct theoretical business research, become a business professor, or develop new theories and knowledge in business.
Why Choose Liberty University’s DBA in International Business?
Our online DBA in International Business degree program is designed with your success in mind. Created for maximum flexibility, our business classes are offered 100% online with no set login times, so you can complete your classwork when and where it is convenient for you.
The DBA in International Business program, which is 60 credit hours long, offers you the opportunity to attend WebEx meetings with your professor and classmates. Make valuable career and personal connections from the comfort of your own home! Your international business doctorate degree awaits. Apply to Liberty University’s DBA in International Business today!
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctorate in International Business Online Degree Program?
At Liberty, we Train Champions for Christ, which means that we are dedicated to teaching you the skills you need to lead in the business world with excellence and integrity. Our DBA in International Business degree offers an advanced study of global trade, the international business environment, international financial markets, market-based global operations, and global strategic management.
In Liberty’s DBA in International Business degree program, you will examine the global financial market as well as cultural influences that affect business practices. Through this program of study, you can become better equipped to face the challenges that come with business – both in the United States and internationally.
Additionally, this program can equip you with knowledge of supply chain management, managing human resources, strategy formulation and strategic thinking, and strategic allocation of financial resources. Don’t settle for a doctorate program in business that is shallow and one-dimensional. Partner with Liberty, and gain the skills you need to take the next step in your business career.
Applied Research Project
The applied research project is a requirement in each of our online DBA programs. This project will be completed at the end of the degree and challenge you to use knowledge and skills learned throughout the program to create effective solutions to business problems. In the doctoral research project, you are given the choice to complete either a consulting project or a single case study.
- The consulting project for the DBA in International Business will address an applied business problem related to international business. If you choose the consulting project, you will utilize Lean Six Sigma. The final product, which can include qualitative and quantitative research methods, will include a proposed solution based upon current literature.
- If you choose to do the case study for your DBA in International Business degree, you will address a current business problem from the course literature that is related to international business.
If you have any questions about the applied doctoral research project, please contact the School of Business at BusinessDoctoralPrograms@liberty.edu.
Our International Business DBA Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- View the Doctor of Business Administration Handbook for additional program information.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
- The Applied Doctoral Research Project (ADRP) in the DBA program relates to a business problem in your specialization.
Our Online DBA in International Business Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Doctor of Business Administration in International Business degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
Liberty University’s Doctor of Business Administration is accredited by ACBSP, the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
- Our challenging and rewarding online DBA degree program curriculum will help set you apart from others.
- You will be granted access to a wide variety of online resources through Liberty University’s library portal throughout your DBA program.
- You can complete the Doctor of Business Administration in International Business degree online in about 3 years.
Potential Careers with a DBA Degree in International Business
- Cultural advisor
- Federal, state, and local government trade specialist
- Global manager
- International business consultant
Admission Requirements for Our Online DBA in International Business Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree in business or a business-related field with at least 30 hours of graduate business credit with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.