Distinguish Yourself as an Expert in the Travel and Tourism Industry
The travel industry is becoming more refined as it relies on the power of high tech and digital marketing skills. If you are a professional working for a hotel, resort, or other public venue, then Liberty University can help you gain the competitive edge you need to both advance your career and grow your business. Our Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Tourism Management can help you keep up with the latest issues and tools in the tourism industry.
In this program, you’ll learn a wide range of skills and advanced knowledge that can assist you in a variety of hospitality areas. Your leadership skills will come into play when you motivate your staff to provide the best service possible for the diverse needs of your guests. You will also learn how to leverage the power of social media and marketing to analyze and identify new avenues of revenue for your tourism- and travel-oriented organization.
Our DBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and is taught by business professionals with practical, real-world experience in their fields. Our flexible, 100% online format requires no set login times for class – so you can remain active in your job and present with your family.
Pursue doctoral studies without putting your life on hold. Partner with Liberty to improve your skill set, increase your earning potential, and distinguish yourself in the field of tourism management.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
Why Choose Liberty’s DBA Program?
Whether you are a senior industry professional or a consultant looking to expand your knowledge, Liberty has the resources to help you succeed. You can be confident that Liberty’s Doctor of Business Administration in Tourism Management can help you get the knowledge and training you need to advance in this growing field.
In our DBA program, you’ll learn how to become an essential contributor in your field and the kind of leader who inspires others. Your final applied research project will further prepare you for success by giving you the proper tools to conduct both qualitative and quantitative research so you can demonstrate your specific expertise.
Benefits of Earning a DBA Degree from Liberty University
- A challenging and rewarding DBA degree program curriculum that will help set you apart from others
- Increased job opportunities
- Integrated skills from the fields of business, communications, and tourism management
- Specialized knowledge in accounting, finance, human resource management, leadership, and many other related areas
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our DBA in Hospitality Management?
In Liberty’s DBA in Tourism Management, you will learn about the various methodologies and best practices for the hospitality industry. In addition to courses focused on hospitality, sport, and recreation management, you will explore the broader subjects that apply to the business industry as a whole.
You will examine the role of marketing strategies and how they can be leveraged to enhance a travel and tourism organization’s strategic plans. You will also learn how to analyze and use social media analytics to measure the effectiveness of your programs. Another invaluable skill you will learn is how to communicate with a variety of generational, racial, ethnic, and international cultures.
Your general DBA courses cover advanced topics in strategy formulation, strategic allocation of financial resources, supply chain management, marketing, and human resources. Liberty’s DBA program culminates in an applied doctoral research project, which is where you will put your studies to the test to solve a current business problem in the area of tourism management.
- COMS 624 – Intercultural Communication
- STCO 648 – Setting Social and Interactive Goals
- TOUR 601 – Current Issues and Theories for Hospitality and Tourism Management
- TOUR 602 – Hospitality and Tourism Marketing Strategy
Admission Requirements for Our DBA in Tourism Management Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree in business or a business-related field with at least 30 hours of graduate business credit with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Degree Information for the DBA in Tourism Management
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- View the Doctor of Business Administration Handbook for additional program information.
- Review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
The Applied Doctoral Research Project (ADRP) in the DBA program relates to a business problem in your specialization.
Potential Career Options for DBA in Tourism Management Graduates
- Consultant for hotels, resorts, or theme parks
- Executive-level public venue manager
- Resort manager
- Senior hotel manager
- Theme park manager
- University professor of tourism management
Highlights of Our DBA in Tourism Management Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online DBA in Tourism Management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- You will be granted access to a wide variety of online resources through Liberty University’s library portal throughout your DBA program.
- You can complete your DBA in Tourism Management online in just 3 years!