Build Your Company’s Brand with a DBA in Marketing
Marketing is a vital part of business operations. With effective marketing strategies and creative advertising, companies can reach target audiences, sell innovative goods and services, and establish trust and brand awareness among consumers.
If you want to work in top-level business roles and gain advanced knowledge of digital marketing and promotions, Liberty’s 100% online Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) – Marketing degree is for you. Our program can equip you with the leadership, communication, and business skills you need to take your career to the next level.
Partner with us and prepare to lead in your field with skill and integrity.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
Can someone with a DBA be called “doctor”?
Yes! A DBA is a terminal degree that, much like a PhD, allows you to use the title of “doctor.”
How long does it take to earn a DBA in Marketing?
At Liberty, you can finish your DBA in Marketing in about 3 years. With 8-week classes and no set login times, our program offers the flexibility you need to take the next step in your career.
Why pursue a DBA in Marketing?
Earning a doctorate can have a huge impact on your marketability and earnings. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, completing a doctoral degree can help you receive a salary that’s approximately 25% higher than the salary of your professional counterparts who only have a master’s degree.*
What’s the difference between a DBA in Marketing and a PhD in Marketing online program?
A PhD and a DBA are both terminal degrees that offer advanced training. However, they are designed to prepare students for different career paths. While a PhD in Digital Marketing can equip you for a career in research and academia, our DBA in Marketing teaches practical, on-the-job skills that can be applied to the real world of business.
What kind of degree is a DBA in Marketing?
A DBA is a terminal degree that helps you stand out in the competitive business world. By earning your DBA, you can become a better business leader and learn how to apply research and theory to current business problems. Our DBA is a great option if you want to expand your professional capacity, gain specialized vocational knowledge, and develop real-world business skills.
Why Choose Liberty’s DBA in Marketing Online Program?
If you’re worried that school will get in the way of your other commitments and priorities, we have just what you need. Our DBA is offered 100% online, allowing you to stay invested in your family and job while pursuing your degree. With our flexible format, you can complete your courses wherever and whenever it’s most convenient for you.
We’re committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. In this program, you’ll learn from professors who have years of experience in business and marketing. Our faculty are passionate about what they do, knowledgeable in their field, and ready to help increase your business expertise. At Liberty, we offer affordable tuition rates, quality academics, and training that equips you to lead with excellence in the workplace.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctorate in Marketing Online Degree Program?
Learn how to formulate, implement, and oversee strategic marketing campaigns that will produce results and help your business succeed.
In our core business courses, you’ll take an in-depth look at important business topics, including supply chain management, allocation of financial resources, and human resource management. You’ll also explore current trends in business administration, giving you the knowledge needed to help your company grow and thrive.
This program includes several research methods courses that culminate in an applied doctoral research project. By completing original research, you can develop unique solutions to current business problems.
Within the marketing specialization, you will examine topics such as market research, advertising, promotions, and consumer behavior. You’ll be equipped to help your business maintain a competitive advantage, build relationships with consumers, and market innovative products. By knowing how to develop effective marketing strategies, you can increase brand awareness among consumers and boost your company’s sales.
- BUSI 520 – Strategic Marketing Management
- BUSI 612 – Marketing Promotions
- BUSI 613 – Supply Chain Management
- BUSI 614 – Marketing Research
Online Doctorate in Marketing Degree Information
- Our DBA program falls under Liberty’s School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our marketing doctoral program.
- View our Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
- Review the Doctor of Business Administration Handbook for additional program information.
Highlights of Liberty’s DBA in Marketing and Communications
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years — and counting.
- Our DBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation, and having an ACBSP-accredited degree may give you a competitive advantage in the job market and help you stand out to employers.
- Liberty University has achieved regional accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online Liberty student, you can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal.
- You can complete your online DBA degree in about 3 years.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Doctoral Program in Marketing
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree in business or a business-related field with at least 30 hours of graduate business credit with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
What Can You Do with a Doctorate Degree in Marketing?
By earning your DBA in Marketing, you can pursue a wide variety of job opportunities. Most DBA graduates work directly in business, but you can also be a professor with a DBA if you want to work in academia. Some of the roles you may qualify for after completing this program include:
- Account executive
- Brand manager
- Marketing director
- Market research analyst
- Product manager
- Sales director
- University professor
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment (viewed online August 24, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.