Earn Your Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Accounting from Liberty University!
Our 100% online Doctor of Business Administration in Accounting degree can equip you with the skills you need for success in the corporate world. In our accounting DBA program, you will study theoretical aspects of accounting, as well as accounting ethics and best practices, preparing you to be a well-rounded executive. When you earn an accounting DBA degree from Liberty, you will graduate ready to lead with professionalism and integrity.
For information about becoming licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), please see the CPA Licensure Requirements for your state.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online Doctor of Business Administration in Accounting Degree?
At Liberty, we Train Champions for Christ, meaning our online DBA program is designed to prepare you to further your career while helping you integrate your faith with your professional life. Our professors not only teach from a biblical worldview, but they also use their professional experience in the business and accounting field to teach you important practical skills.
Because our accounting specialized business administration doctoral degree focuses on real-world applications in addition to theory, you can be sure that you are receiving an education that will help you advance professionally and stay true to your values.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Online DBA in Accounting Degree Program?
Our DBA in Accounting degree focuses on practical applications of theoretical principles and will help you think ethically about accounting procedures and discover best practices that help ensure integrity and efficiency.
Throughout our online doctoral degree in accounting, you will study topics like tax research methods and auditing, preparing you for your major research project. You will also develop the tools you need to find creative and effective solutions to your company’s accounting challenges.
We design our online doctoral degree programs to give you flexibility and networking opportunities. Our Doctor of Business Administration in Accounting degree program will give you multiple opportunities to network with your classmates and professors through online class meetings and optional intensive courses. While intensives give you an excellent opportunity to connect in person, if and when you take intensive classes is entirely up to you – allowing you to choose the path that best meets your career needs.
- ACCT 612 – Tax Research and Jurisprudence
- ACCT 622 – Advanced Auditing
- ACCT 642 – Accounting Ethics
- BUSI 601 – Accounting for Decision Making
Our Online Doctorate in Business Administration — Accounting Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- View the Doctor of Business Administration Handbook for additional program information.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
The Applied Doctoral Research Project (ADRP) in the DBA program relates to a business problem in your specialization.
Potential Careers with a Doctorate in Business Administration and Accounting
- Accounting executive
- Budget supervisor
- Certified management accountant
- Certified public accountant
Admission Requirements for Our Online Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Accounting Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree in accounting with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Our Online DBA in Accounting Degree Program Highlights
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Liberty University’s Doctor of Business Administration is accredited by ACBSP, the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our online undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- You will be granted access to a wide variety of online resources through Liberty University’s library portal while you pursue a doctorate degree in business accounting.
- You can complete your DBA degree online in as few as 3 years.