Plan for Success with Our Doctorate in Project Management and Business
Our 100% online Doctor of Business Administration – Project Management degree builds on your current knowledge and skills in project management, equipping you for success in the top tiers of business both nationally and globally. In our online DBA in Project Management, you will learn to integrate marketing strategies and management practices with a biblical worldview.
Our DBA in Project Management degree will teach you to evaluate, strategize, and execute successful projects while also considering the scope of a project, time management, client relations, and quality control. At Liberty University, we will give you the education you need to become a Champion for Christ in the world of business.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Doctor of Project Management Online?
Our mission is to help you lead in your field with integrity and excellence. That means providing you with the best education possible. Our professors are not only experienced educators but they also have real-world experience in the business field. Their experience allows them to teach you practical skills you can directly apply to your career.
In addition to offering you an academically excellent education, we also offer you flexibility that’s built into our DBA degree program format. Our online project management classes are 100% online and have no set login times – which is just one of the ways we aim to support you as both a student and professional.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
Is it worth it to get a DBA?
A doctoral program is a serious commitment, so before you make the decision, you need to know if it’s worth your time, effort, and money. At Liberty, we believe a DBA is worth it. Here are some reasons why:
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals with a doctorate make about 25% more than their counterparts with only a master’s.*
- Earning a terminal degree sets you apart as a professional. You will be a leader and expert in your field.
- The advanced knowledge you will gain in this program can help you contribute to real-world business problems in a practical way.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment (viewed online September 22, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What kind of degree is a DBA?
DBA stands for Doctor of Business Administration, which is a terminal degree. By earning a DBA, you will have achieved the highest degree available in your field. This can establish you as an expert and leader in business.
What’s the difference between a DBA and PhD?
If you’re considering a DBA or PhD in project management online, you may be wondering what the difference is. A DBA will focus on business principles that can help you continue in the field as a leader and professional. A PhD is more academic focused and will prepare you for roles in higher education or academic research.
Additionally, a project management PhD would likely require a dissertation. Our DBA does not require a dissertation. Instead, you will complete a research project that will help you solve a real-world business problem and conduct ground-breaking research.
Can you complete a PhD in 1 year?
Deciding to pursue an online PhD in project management is a big commitment. So it’s important to find out how long it will take to complete your program. The typical PhD will take 4 or more years to complete.
However, you could earn Liberty’s DBA in Project Management in just 3 years. This program can help you gain the expertise you need as a leader in your field faster than a typical PhD.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Doctorate Degree in Project Management?
Being able to recognize weak spots and strengths in a business project is essential. Liberty’s online DBA in Project Management can train you to see each of these while equipping you with the best practices necessary to be successful in the corporate world.
In our project management doctoral degree program, you will learn how business can be affected by politics, culture, and geographic settings as well as how to develop a human resources program. Understanding the various components that encompass project management on all levels is critical. Our online project management classes will help you achieve mastery so you can serve as a valuable asset in your field.
Our online Doctor of Business Administration in Project Management gives you the opportunity to take on-campus intensive courses that promote connections with both peers and professors. These invaluable interactions are great opportunities to establish personal and business relationships and contacts.
Online DBA in Project Management Degree Information
- This online DBA program falls under the School of Business.
- View the Doctor of Business Administration Handbook for additional program information.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
The Applied Doctoral Research Project (ADRP) in the DBA program relates to a business problem in your specialization.
Highlights of Our Business Management Doctoral Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online DBA from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Liberty University’s Doctor of Business Administration is accredited by ACBSP, the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- You will experience a challenging and rewarding online DBA in Project Management curriculum that will help set you apart from others.
- You will be granted access to a wide variety of online resources through Liberty University’s library portal throughout your DBA program.
Doctor of Business Administration in Project Management students can complete their DBA degree online in about 3 years.
Admission Requirements for the DBA in Project Management
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree in business or a business-related field with at least 30 hours of graduate business credit with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Potential Careers for Graduates of the DBA in Project Management Specialization
- Business marketing consultant
- Project scheduler
- Senior project manager