What is Liberty’s Online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling Degree?
Our 100% online Master’s in Human Services Counseling degree (HSCO) is designed to enhance your career through the study of human behavior and the application of counseling skills to real-world mental health issues. As one of the largest private, nonprofit university in the nation and the largest university in Virginia, Liberty University is strives continually for excellence in education. Our faculty have real-world experience as counselors and human services professionals with years in their fields and in-depth knowledge of the counseling discipline, so you can be confident that you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in your desired human services field.
Our Master’s in Human Services Counseling online degree is customizable with numerous specializations to target your Human Services Counseling degree to an area of study you are most interested in pursuing. These areas of study can be found on our HSCO degree page if you want to find out how Liberty’s MA in Human Services Counseling can be the next step in your career.
How Do I Complete My Admissions Requirements for the Online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling Degree?
- Apply online or call an Admissions Counselor at (800) 424-9596.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Mail official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copies or via a direct electronic transcript system).Fax/scan unofficial college transcripts. Please Note – Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes for 60 days with the submission of a transcript request form. An official transcript will be needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
- Transcripts must show a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Applicants who have earned a master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits from an accredited institution will be assessed on the basis of the master’s-level degree work.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must complete an approved English proficiency test or meet the requirements for a waiver. Please see the Online Graduate English Proficiency Requirements page for more information.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your master’s degree after the last day of class for your bachelor’s degree.
- Complete a Bachelor’s Degree Self-Certification Form confirming your completion date. You may download the form from the Forms and Downloads page, or contact an Admissions Counselor to submit the form on your behalf.
- Submit an official/unofficial transcript to confirm that you are in your final term. The preliminary transcripts must show a minimum of 105 completed credit hours.
- If you are a current Liberty University student completing your undergraduate degree, you will need to submit a Graduation Application.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date on it by the end of your first semester of enrollment.
- Please see the Online Dual Enrollment page for information about starting Graduate courses while finishing your bachelor’s degree.
Unofficial College Transcript Policy
An unofficial copy of the college transcript can either be faxed from the institution, printed from the school’s official site or an opened copy that you may have in your possession.
Before sending unofficial college transcripts, please make sure they include the following:
- School’s name or logo printed on the document
- Cumulative GPA
- List of completed courses and earned credit
- Degree and date conferred (if applicable)
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript is one that has been issued directly from the institution and is in a sealed. If you have one in your possession, it must still be in its original sealed envelope. If your previous institution offers electronic official transcript processing, they can send the document directly to email@example.com.
If the student uses unofficial transcripts with a transcript request form to gain acceptance, all official transcripts must be received within 60 days of the admissions date or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first. Failure to send all official transcripts within the 60-day period will prevent registration.
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information
Back to Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling degree page.