Promote Healthy Living and Personal Growth with the Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Health and Wellness
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Health and Wellness degree program is designed for human services professionals who need additional, graduate-level training for advancement or new opportunities. This program is also a great option for students who are just entering the human services and mental health support field. The online master’s in human services counseling does not require any on-campus visits and has no thesis requirement so that you can fit the flexible online courses into your busy schedule.
As a Christian college, Liberty is invested in training human services professionals who can apply the best available scientific research and clinical tools to their practice with a biblical worldview. As such, the online master’s in human services counseling can equip you to serve clients that struggle with the challenges of life by addressing their social, psychological, and spiritual needs.
The health and wellness area of study for the online master’s in human services counseling provides a balance of health administration and health promotion training that compliments the core program’s mental health content to give you a broad knowledge base for health promotion and overall wellness. The healthcare administration skills taught in the health and wellness area of study will equip you for leadership roles in healthcare settings like hospitals, outpatient care facilities, rest homes, rehabilitation centers, or any other environment where mental and physical health are of paramount importance.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Human Services Counseling – Health and Wellness?
Do you have a passion for studying the human mind and finding the best way to help people improve their lives by changing their behavior?
With the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling, you can embark on the fascinating study of human behavior and psychology while applying this knowledge to help solve specific, real-world problems in the counseling and mental health field.
Field-tested and Cutting-edge
The Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling provides a balance of field-tested practice and cutting-edge research in behavioral sciences so that you can be confident that your approach to treatment will be backed by solid scientific studies, while still maintaining a biblical worldview in ethics and practice.
If you are currently serving in a healthcare field, you know that a person’s mental well-being is just as crucial as their physical health. The health and wellness area of study for the online master’s in human services counseling degree builds on a foundation of core human services training to provide a broad perspective on healthcare administration.
This degree offers a flexible selection of courses to equip you for many health promotions and healthy lifestyle advisement roles. For added flexibility, our Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling programs are offered 100% online, so you won’t need to relocate or take time off from work to attend on-campus classes.
What Are the Benefits of Earning Liberty’s Human Services Degree Online?
- Complete your coursework on a schedule that fits your life with Liberty University’s award-winning online learning environment.
- Study a balanced perspective on the theological principles that underlie psychology, giving you effective human services counseling techniques with a firm biblical worldview.
- Be mentored by professors with real-world experience in human services and counseling while you explore cutting-edge scholarship and methods for health and wellness care.
What Will You Learn in the Master’s in Human Services Counseling Online Degree?
The core content of the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling provides a balanced overview of important theories in psychology while applying this knowledge to specific, real-world counseling practices. Students in the online human services counseling program will study the development of the human mind from childhood to adulthood and how multicultural issues influence counseling in individual and group settings. As a Christian college, Liberty bases this study of human thought and behavior on a Christian worldview and demonstrates how these science and evidence-based practices are informed by biblical principles.
The health and wellness area of study for the online master’s in human services counseling provides many practical skills for the healthcare field that will make you a valuable asset for management roles. You will be able to choose role-specific healthcare electives to diversify your knowledge, as well as learn important skills, like grant writing, to assist in managing resources available to healthcare organizations. You may choose to become knowledgeable in health policy so that you can navigate laws and regulations relevant to your role or learn how to manage fundraising, staffing, liability, and other administrative needs in healthcare.
- HLTH 553 – Grant Acquisition and Management
- HLTH 556 – Politics and Health Policy
- HLTH 635 – Health Agency Management
- HLTH 640 – Principles of Nutrition
Please note: Our online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling is not designed to fulfill clinical counseling requirements. You can view Liberty University’s licensure-track Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling for information about counseling licensure.
Human Services Counseling Degree Online Program Highlights
- By earning your online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Health and Wellness degree in as little as 1 year.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – A ministry-focused biblical counseling and pastoral care degree that can be completed in as little as 1 year with optional intensives and an internship.
- Master of Science in Healthcare Administration – A healthcare-focused executive leadership and management program that can be completed in under 2 years.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling – A licensure-track clinical counseling program that includes required on-campus intensives and an extensive practicum and internship.
Master’s in Human Services Counseling Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career Options for Graduates of the Online Master’s in Human Services Counseling – Health and Wellness
Graduates of the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling will receive the mental health support and counseling skills needed to be useful in private, public, and nonprofit human services settings such as: Christian counseling ministry, community service agencies, group homes, outreach services, in-home mental health support services, and other types of casework and support settings where counseling skills are needed.
With the health and wellness area of study, you will be well equipped for many leadership and administrative roles in healthcare and human services organizations. The following are some of the positions you may be qualified for with this degree:
- Childcare center director
- Clinic director
- Community outreach coordinator
- Environmental health and safety coordinator
- Non-licensed counselor
- Recreational manager
- Special events coordinator
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for the M.A. in Human Services Counseling – Health and Wellness
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.