Why Choose One of Liberty’s Online Behavioral Sciences Degrees?
Are you fascinated by the complexities of the human mind and eager to help others? A 100% online behavioral sciences degree from Liberty University can help. Whether you are just starting out in the mental health field or seeking advanced training, we have the program for you.
Counselors, therapists, social workers, and other mental health professionals are vital to a healthy, high-functioning society. We understand that you want to become a part of this growing field or desire to improve your skills. We offer programs from the certificate to the doctoral level. No matter where you are in your career, one of our programs can help you meet your professional goals.
As a Christian university, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. This mission is continued with Liberty University’s School of Behavioral Sciences. We equip professionals with the education they need to model professional excellence. Because all of our courses are taught from a biblical perspective, you will be able to pursue your career with integrity.
Take the first step toward a fulfilling, people-focused career.
Online Behavioral Health Degrees and Programs
A Degree from Our School of Behavioral Sciences Can Help You Make an Impact in Your Field
Christian Care and Community Counseling Degrees
- Learn to provide mental health support for individuals and groups by earning our Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling.
- If you want to pursue counseling in chaplaincy, churches, or organizations, take a look at our Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling, and use your faith to help those in need.
- We also have a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Community Care and Counseling with 3 different specializations in traumatology, pastoral care and counseling, and marriage and family.
Counselor Education and Family Studies
- This department has provided quality, biblically-based professional training for mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists since 1981.
- The master’s degrees in school counseling, marriage and family therapy, addiction counseling, and clinical mental health counseling are all available online.
- We offer programs like our M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling that are CACREP-accredited and provide students with a licensure-track for counseling.
Psychology and Social Work Online
- Are you fascinated by the human mind? Look no further than our psychology department for our online psychology degrees at the bachelor’s level.
- The master’s degree in applied psychology specialization focuses on academic study, scientific research, and best practices based on a Christian worldview.
- Liberty’s online Ph.D. in Psychology is the highest level of study in human behavior with research that can impact the field of psychology. This doctorate offers specializations in social, industrial/organizational, and developmental psychology as well as a general track option.
- Liberty’s CSWE-accredited B.S. in Social Work can help you gain the skills and experience you need to offer hope to suffering people.
- Our faculty members are grounded in the Christian faith and experienced in child services, mental health, program development, and research. They can equip you with the tools you need to offer healing hope to individuals, families, and communities both nationally and internationally.
How long does it take to get a behavioral sciences degree?
If you’re considering a behavioral psychology degree or another related program, it’s important to know what you’re committing to. Here is a breakdown of how long it might take to complete your degree, depending on the program you choose:
- If you’re interested in an associate degree in behavioral science online, these programs can take as little as 1.5 years to complete.
- Considering a bachelor’s degree in social work, forensic psychology, or a biblical psychology degree? You can earn an online bachelor’s degree in about 3.5 years.
- Maybe you’re considering an online master’s in psychology, a master’s in counseling, or a licensed professional counselor (LPC) degree online. Our master’s programs vary in length. Some can be completed in 1.5 years while others may take a bit longer at 2.5 years.
- Finally, you may be considering a behavioral sciences degree at the doctoral level. These programs vary as well and can typically be completed in 3-4 years.
What majors are considered behavioral sciences?
There are a variety of behavioral sciences online degrees to choose from. These degrees range from the associate to the doctoral level and cover human services, professional counseling, and more.
Here are some of the majors that Liberty offers:
- Our behavioral sciences associate degrees online include psychology and Christian counseling programs.
- For our bachelor’s degrees in behavioral sciences, we offer a bachelor of social work program and a B.S. in Psychology.
- At the master’s level, our online degrees in behavioral sciences include applied psychology, marriage and family therapy, as well as addiction, clinical mental health, human services, pastoral, and school counseling.
- Our doctoral behavioral health degrees online include community care and counseling, counselor education and supervision, and psychology.
What is the best online college for social work?
The best online social work degree will depend on your needs as a student. Do you prefer in-person or online learning? Do you need an accredited degree? Does the school line up with your values? Answering these questions can help you figure out what’s best for you.
We believe the School of Behavioral Sciences at Liberty University stands out. Here are some reasons why:
- Our B.S. in Social Work is accredited by CSWE, the Council on Social Work Education. You can be confident that your degree will be respected among employers.
- Our social work bachelor’s degree is offered 100% online. You can continue working, volunteering, and spending time with family while pursuing your degree – all from the comfort of home.
- Liberty University’s mission is Training Champions for Christ. We incorporate biblical principles into all of our courses and are committed to helping you become a professional of integrity.
When should you pursue an online degree from the School of Behavioral Sciences?
Apply today to start your journey to a rewarding career in counseling, human services, or mental health! If you feel called to help troubled individuals in your community, then let us show you how we can help you get the training you need. Liberty’s online programs integrate science, practice, and faith to help you be a Champion for Christ in your field!
When Should You Pursue an Online Degree from the School of Behavioral Sciences?
Apply today to start your journey to a rewarding career in counseling, human services or mental health! If you feel called to help troubled individuals in your community, then let us show you how we can help you get the training you need. Liberty’s online programs integrate science, practice, and faith to help you be a Champion for Christ in your field!
What Are the Benefits of Earning an Online Degree from Liberty?
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Our behavioral sciences programs are offered in an 8-week course format, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times!
- Liberty University holds institutional accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Learn more about meeting requirements for licensure or certification in your state.