Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Behavioral Sciences?
Are you fascinated by the human mind and want to help people heal? With Liberty University’s School of Behavioral Sciences, you can earn a degree 100% online that will help you start a rewarding career or increase your opportunities in the behavioral sciences field. We offer online undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in counseling, mental health, and human services to equip professionals with the skills and knowledge they need to help people.
As a Christian university, our mission is to Train Champions for Christ. We fulfill our mission by equipping mental health professionals with the skills they need to model professional excellence and Christ-like compassion. Whether you are a human services professional trying to further your degree, or you are trying to enter the field for the first time, we have the training you need. You can apply online today, or call an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9595!
Online School of Behavioral Sciences Programs
A Degree from Our School of Behavioral Sciences Can Help You Make an Impact in Your Field
Christian Care and Community Counseling
- Learn to provide mental health support for individuals and groups by earning our Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling.
- If you want to pursue counseling in chaplaincy, churches, or organizations, take a look at our Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling, and use your faith to help those in need.
- We also have a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Community Care and Counseling with 3 different specializations in traumatology, pastoral care and counseling, and marriage and family.
Counselor Education and Family Studies
- This department has provided quality, biblically-based professional training for mental health counselors and marriage and family therapists since 1981.
- The master’s degrees in school counseling, marriage and family therapy, addiction counseling, and clinical mental health counseling are all available online.
- We offer programs like our M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling that are CACREP-accredited and provide students with a licensure-track for counseling.
Psychology and Social Work
- Are you fascinated by the human mind? Look no further than our psychology department for online bachelor’s degrees in psychology and social work.
- The master’s degree in applied psychology specialization focuses on academic study, scientific research, and best practices based on a Christian worldview.
- Liberty’s online Ph.D. in Psychology is the highest level of study in human behavior with research that can impact the field of psychology.
- Liberty’s CSWE-accredited B.S. in Social Work can help you gain the skills and experience you need to offer hope to suffering people.
- Our faculty members are grounded in the Christian faith and experienced in child services, mental health, program development, and research. They can equip you with the tools you need to offer healing hope to individuals, families, and communities both nationally and internationally.
When Should You Pursue an Online Degree from the School of Behavioral Sciences?
Apply today to start your journey to a rewarding career in counseling, human services or mental health! If you feel called to help troubled individuals in your community, then let us show you how we can help you get the training you need. Liberty’s online programs integrate science, practice, and faith to help you be a Champion for Christ in your field!
What Are the Benefits of Earning an Online Degree from Liberty?
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Our behavioral sciences programs are offered in an 8-week course format, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times!
- Liberty University holds institutional accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses*
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates, and no set login times
*Most doctoral programs do not qualify for the military discount