The Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Marriage and Family Equips Counselors to Support Family Healing
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Marriage and Family area of study is designed for human services professionals who need additional, graduate-level training for advancement or new opportunities, and students who are just entering the human services and mental health support field. The online master’s in human services counseling does not require any on-campus visits so that you can fit the flexible online courses into your current schedule.
As a Christian college, Liberty University is invested in training human services professionals who can apply the best available scientific research and clinical tools to their practice with a biblical worldview. As such, the online master’s in human services counseling will equip you to serve better your clients who struggle with the basic challenges of life by addressing their social, psychological, and spiritual needs.
The marriage and family area of study equips human services professionals or those just entering the behavioral sciences field to address the many challenges of engaged and married couples, children with disabilities or behavioral issues, and other family-related issues. The marriage and family specialization also offers advanced practical training by examining the best practices for various types of assessment used in marital and family counseling and providing real-world expertise from experts in the field.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Human Services Counseling – Marriage and Family?
Do you have a passion for studying the human mind and for finding the best way to help people improve their lives by changing their behavior? With the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling, you can embark on the fascinating study of human behavior and psychology while applying this knowledge to help solve specific, real-world problems in the counseling and mental health field. The Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling provides a balance of field-tested practice and cutting-edge research in behavioral sciences so that you can be confident that your approach to treatment will be backed by solid scientific study while still maintaining a biblical worldview in ethics and practice.
If you are an experienced human services professional and want to transition to a marriage and family therapist role while pursuing an advanced 100% online degree with a Christian university, the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Marriage and Family will provide the specialized training you need. If you want to break into the human services field and help families heal and grow together, the marriage and family area of study for the Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling will train you to apply your expertise in human thought and behavior to real-world problems struggling families face.
What Are the Benefits of Attending Liberty’s Human Services Degree Online?
- Complete your coursework on a schedule that fits your life with Liberty University’s award-winning online learning environment.
- Study a balanced perspective on the theological principles that underlie psychology, giving you effective human services counseling techniques with a firm biblical worldview.
- Be mentored by professors with real-world experience in human services and counseling while you explore the cutting-edge scholarship and methods for marriage and family counseling.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Human Services Online Degree?
The core content of the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling provides a balanced overview of important theories in psychology while applying this knowledge to specific, real-world counseling practices. Students in the online master’s in human services counseling will study the development of the human mind from childhood to adulthood and how multicultural issues impact issues in individual and group situations. As a Christian college, Liberty bases this study of human thought and behavior on a Christian worldview and demonstrates how these science and evidence-based practices are informed by biblical principles.
The marriage and family area of study is built on the biblical counseling core content of the Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling with an overview of marital counseling and family therapy issues and topics while allowing you to customize the specific topics of study to your desired field. You can choose to focus in helping newly engaged or married couples connect and sort through critical communication challenges, choose specific age groups for child development counseling, or choose to focus on counseling women through developmental and situational crises.
*Please note that the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling is not designed to fulfill all clinical counseling requirements. You can view all of Liberty University’s licensure-track Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy below for more information about counseling licensure.
Online Human Services Counseling Degree Highlights
- By earning your online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Students can complete the Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Marriage and Family online degree program in as little as one year.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – Marriage and Family Studies – A ministry-focused biblical counseling and pastoral care degree that can be completed in as little as one year with optional intensives and an internship
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy – A licensure-track clinical counseling program which includes required on-campus intensives and an extensive practicum and internship
Online Human Services Degree Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career Options for the Online Master’s in Human Services Counseling – Marriage and Family
Graduates of the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling will receive the mental health support and counseling skills to be useful in private, public, and non profit human services roles such as: Christian counseling ministry roles, community service agencies, group homes, outreach services, in-home mental health support services, probation agencies, and other types of casework and support roles where counseling skills are needed.
- Adolescent care specialist
- Case management supervisor
- Grief services counselor
- Mental health services
- Non-licensed counselor
- Pastor to children and families
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you through every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder(less than $625 per course)
8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for Human Services Counseling
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.