Learn How to Mentor Others with an Online Master’s Degree in Human Services Counseling – Life Coaching
Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Life Coaching online degree program is designed for human services professionals who need additional, graduate-level training for advancement or new opportunities, and students who are just entering the human services and mental health support field. The online master’s in human services counseling program does not require any on-campus visits and has no thesis requirement so you can fit our flexible online courses into your current schedule.
As a Christian college, Liberty University is invested in training human services professionals who can apply the best available scientific research and clinical tools to their practice with a biblical worldview. As such, the online master’s in human services counseling will equip you to better serve your clients who struggle with the basic challenges of life by addressing their social, psychological, and spiritual needs.
The life coaching area of study for the online master’s in human services counseling degree program will provide additional customizable life coach training to help you learn how to guide clients to their professional, financial, and relational goals. If you want to help people achieve their dreams with life coach training, based on a biblical worldview, this area of study will give you all of the tools you’ll need.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Human Services Counseling – Life Coaching?
Do you have a passion for studying the human mind and for finding the best way to help people improve their lives by changing their behavior? With the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling, you can embark on the fascinating study of human behavior and psychology while applying this knowledge to help solve specific, real-world problems in the counseling and mental health field. The Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling provides a balance of field-tested practice and cutting-edge research in behavioral sciences so that you can be confident that your approach to treatment will be backed by solid scientific study while still maintaining a biblical worldview in ethics and practice.
What Is Life Coaching?
Life coaches help their clients create responsible goals and work through practical steps to achieve them. These goals may be financial, relational, or professional. The practice of life coaching revolves around maintaining a positive attitude and building confidence through short-term goals that lead to long-term success.
If you have been in the human services field, you have probably already helped individuals and families sort through their priorities and work toward achieving their goals. Individuals often struggle to set reasonable, realistic, and achievable goals. When unrealistic goals are set, disappointment and discouragement usually follow. As a mental health professional, life coach training can be extremely useful to help your clients grow and realize their potentials.
What Are the Benefits of Pursuing Liberty’s Human Services Degree Online?
- Complete your coursework on a schedule that fits your life with Liberty University’s award-winning online learning environment.
- Study a balanced perspective on the theological principles that underlie psychology, giving you effective human services counseling techniques with a firm biblical worldview.
- Be mentored by professors with real-world experience in human services counseling while you explore the cutting-edge scholarship and methods for counseling and life coaching.
What Will You Learn in the Master’s in Human Services Online Degree?
The core content of the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling degree provides a balanced overview of important theories in psychology while applying this knowledge to specific, real-world counseling practices. Students in the online master’s in human services counseling will study the development of the human mind from childhood to adulthood and how multicultural issues affect counseling in individual and group settings. As a Christian college, Liberty bases this study of human thought and behavior in a Christian worldview and demonstrates how these science and evidence-based practices are informed by biblical principles.
If you want to learn how to become a life coach, the life coaching area of study for the master’s in human services counseling will provide a customizable course of study that will give you the training you need. This track includes the study of important life coaching techniques that draw on Christian counseling and human services skills. You will also be able to choose from a selection of specialized life coach training electives concerning health, relational, financial, and professional goals so that you will be prepared for a variety of life coaching needs.
*Please note that the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling is not designed to fulfill all clinical counseling requirements. You can view Liberty University’s licensure-track Master of Arts in Professional Counseling below for more information about counseling licensure.
Online Human Services Degree Program Format and Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you through every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour).
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder(less than $625 per course).
8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options for Graduates of the Online Master’s in Human Services Counseling – Life Coaching
Graduates of the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling will receive the mental health support and counseling skills to be useful in private, public, and nonprofit human services settings such as Christian counseling ministry, community service agencies, group homes, outreach services, in-home mental health support services, and other types of casework and support settings where counseling skills are needed. Graduates of the life coaching area of study will have enhanced, graduate-level life coach training that may open life coaching ministry and private non-licensure opportunities.
- Business consultant
- Financial health consultant
- Life coach
- Non-licensed counselor
- Professional development coach
Human Services Counseling Online Degree Program Highlights
- By earning your online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Students can complete the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Life Coaching degree in as little as one year.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – Life Coaching – A ministry-focused biblical counseling and pastoral care degree that can be completed in as little as one year with optional intensives and an internship.
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling – A licensure-track clinical counseling program that includes required on-campus intensives and an extensive practicum and internship.
Admission Requirements for Our Online MA in Human Services Counseling
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.