Support our Troops and Their Families with a Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Military Resilience Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Military Resilience degree is designed for human services professionals who need additional, graduate-level training for advancement or new opportunities. The program is also suitable if you are just entering the human services and mental health support field. The online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Military Resilience area of study does not require any on-campus visits and has no thesis requirement so that you can fit the flexible online courses into your current schedule.
As a Christian college, Liberty University is invested in training human services professionals who can apply the best available scientific research and clinical tools to their practice with a biblical worldview. As such, the online master’s in human services counseling will equip you to serve better your clients who struggle with the basic challenges of life by addressing their social, psychological, and spiritual needs.
The military resilience area of study for the master’s in human services counseling provides you with specialized skills and knowledge to help understand the stress and trauma that military families, service members, and veterans may experience during their service due to a service-related tragedy. The military resilience area of study of the online master’s in human services counseling will give you the tools you need to help these families heal and grow closer together.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Human Services Counseling – Military Resilience Program?
Do you have a passion for studying the human mind and finding the best way to help people improve their lives by changing their behavior? With the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling, you can embark on the fascinating study of human behavior and psychology while applying this knowledge to help solve specific, real-world problems in the counseling and mental health field.
The Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling provides a balance of field-tested practice and cutting-edge research in behavioral sciences. With this in mind, you can be confident that your approach to treatment will be backed by solid, scientific study while still maintaining a biblical worldview in ethics and practice.
If you are currently working in a human services field that serves military families, you already know that there can be unique needs and stresses that civilians often struggle to understand. If you are not already involved with the military, then you may struggle to find ways to connect and support these families. The military resilience area of study for the Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling provides important understanding and tools to help military families and personnel so that you can give them the support they need.
What Are the Benefits of Pursuing Liberty’s Human Services Degree Online?
- Complete your coursework on a schedule that fits your life with Liberty University’s award-winning online learning environment.
- Study a balanced perspective on the theological principles that underlie psychology, giving you effective human services counseling technique with a firm biblical worldview.
- Be mentored by professors with real-world experience in human services and counseling while you explore the cutting-edge scholarship and methods for counseling and military resilience care.
What Will You Learn in the Master’s in Human Services Online Degree?
The core content of the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling provides a balanced overview of important theories in psychology while applying this knowledge to specific, real-world counseling practices. Students in the online master’s in human services counseling will study the development of the human mind from childhood to adulthood and how multicultural issues impact counseling in individual and group settings. As a Christian college, Liberty bases this study of human thought and behavior in a Christian worldview and demonstrates how these science and evidence-based practices are informed by biblical principles.
The military resilience area of study for the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling expands on the psychological and behavioral science understanding of mental health and helps you apply these skills and knowledge to the unique struggles facing many military families. To master resilience training for military personnel and their families, you will need specialized knowledge of psychological resilience and its part in healthy military family life. The military resilience track will focus on how these struggles impact marriages, leaders, and the difficulty of transitioning from military to civilian life so that you can provide the guidance and support to veterans and their families.
*Please note that the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling is not designed to fulfill all clinical counseling requirements. You can view Liberty University’s licensure-track Master of Arts in Professional Counseling below for more information about counseling licensure.
Online Human Services Degree Program Format and Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Online Masters in Human Services Counseling
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you through every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder(less than $625 per course)
8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options for Graduates of the Online Master’s in Human Services Counseling – Military Resilience
Graduates of the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling will receive the mental health support and counseling skills that will make them useful in private, public, and nonprofit human services settings. These settings include programs such as Christian counseling ministries, community service agencies, group homes, outreach services, in-home mental health support services, probation agencies, and other types of casework and support settings where counseling skills are needed. Chaplaincy may also be an option in some cases. However, many roles will require additional training or a seminary degree.
- Church counselor
- Grief services specialist
- Non-licensed family counselor
- Social services caseworker
- Trauma counselor
Human Services Counseling Degree Online Program Highlights
- By earning your online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Students can complete the Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Military Resilience degree in as little as one year.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – Military Resilience – A ministry-focused biblical counseling and pastoral care degree that can be completed in as little as one year with optional intensives and an internship.
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling – A licensure-track clinical counseling program which includes required on-campus intensives and an extensive practicum and internship.
The Rawlings School of Divinity also has several program options for students who would like to serve in the military chaplaincy field and need more advanced or specialized degree tracks to meet job requirements:
Admission Requirements for Our Online MA in Human Services Counseling
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.