Make a Positive Impact in Your Community with an MA in Human Services Counseling – Dobson Center Marriage and Family Studies Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Dobson Center Marriage and Family Studies is designed to teach techniques necessary to protect children, educate families, and empower parents to lead their families. We are excited to offer an online marriage and family studies degree by partnering with the James C. Dobson Center. Because of this partnership, students can benefit from a curriculum featuring lectures and material from a world-renowned psychologist, author, radio host, and family expert Dr. James C. Dobson. Our goal in creating the master’s degree in human services counseling is to equip men and women with knowledge to positively impact families and society.
Why Choose Liberty’s Human Services Counseling Degree Offered in Partnership with the James C. Dobson Center?
The courses in the Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling degree online seek to help meet the needs of a hurting world by equipping students to assist individuals asking for guidance. The goal of the master’s in human services counseling is to help families learn to function healthily and thrive in the future. Our master’s degree, offered through the Dr. James C. Dobson Center, is completely online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses at our residential campus.
Our faculty members will provide you with quality, professional academic training from a faith-based perspective. When you choose Liberty University for your master’s degree in human services counseling, you can be confident that our program is preparing you for your career both professionally and spiritually!
What Are the Benefits of Attending Liberty’s Human Services Degree Online?
- Complete your coursework on a schedule that fits your life with Liberty University’s award-winning online learning environment.
- Study a balanced perspective on the theological principles that underlie psychology, giving you effective human services counseling techniques with a firm biblical worldview.
- Be mentored by professors with real-world experience in human services while you explore the cutting-edge scholarship and methods for marriage and family counseling.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Human Services Counseling Degree?
Our online Human Services Counseling degree is an excellent way to further your education in the study of human behavior and the application of helping skills. The curriculum in this degree program was specifically designed with your success in mind. Our online counseling courses feature materials from the counseling field considered essential to the master’s level professional. If you are seeking offer services in areas such as leadership, families, addictions, and recovery, our online human services counseling degree is a great option for you!
Liberty University’s master’s in human services counseling online degree program allows you to choose an area of study that best fits your educational and career goals. This counseling degree is a composition of multi-faceted topics related to human services as well as other fields such as business, Christian ministries, executive leadership, life coaching, military resilience, and addictions and recovery counseling.
*Please note that the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling is not designed to fulfill all clinical counseling requirements. You can view Liberty University’s licensure-track Master of Arts in Professional Counseling below for more information about counseling licensure.
- By earning your Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling online degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our master’s in human services counseling online degree program has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- You will be granted access to a wide variety of online resources through Liberty University’s library portal throughout your pursuit of obtaining a master’s in human services counseling degree.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Professional Counseling – Liberty University’s online Master of Arts in Professional Counseling degree is designed to equip you with the specialized training needed to pursue a state License for Professional Counseling (LPC). Please verify with your state that this will suffice.
- Addictions Counseling – Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Addiction Counseling degree online provides you with the education and training required for certification or licensure as an addiction counselor or substance abuse counseling.
- Marriage and Family Counseling – Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy program online provides you with a strong understanding of counseling principles and strategies to prepare you to seek licensure as a marriage and family therapist.
Human Services Counseling Degree Information and Requirements
- Visit the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career for Human Services Counseling Graduates
Graduates of the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling will receive the mental health support and counseling skills to be useful in private, public, and non profit human services roles such as: Christian counseling ministry roles, community service agencies, group homes, outreach services, in-home mental health support services, probation agencies, and other types of casework and support roles where counseling skills are needed.
- Child advocate
- Family advocate
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you through every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder(less than $625 per course)
8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for the MA in Human Services Counseling
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.