Help Suffering People and Communities Heal by Earning a Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Crisis Response and Trauma Online Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Crisis Response and Trauma online degree program is designed for human services professionals who need additional, graduate-level training for advancement in their career, as well as students who are just entering the human services and mental health support field. Our online master’s in human services counseling degree does not require any on-campus visits so that you can fit our flexible online courses into your busy schedule.
As a Christian college, Liberty University is invested in training human services professionals who can apply the best available scientific research and clinical tools to their practice with a biblical worldview. As such, the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling will equip you to serve better your clients who struggle with the basic challenges of life by addressing their social, psychological, and spiritual needs.
The crisis response and trauma area of study for the online master’s in human services counseling will provide training in helping communities and individuals to recover from life-altering tragedies, emergencies, and trauma situations. The skills and knowledge gained through the crisis response and trauma degree will equip counselors and mental health experts with the crisis counseling and trauma therapy tools needed to identify and address the effects of traumatic events such as natural disasters, terrorist attacks, abuse, and personal tragedy. These events can damage individuals, families, and whole communities’ ability to have healthy relationships and lead successful lives.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Crisis Response and Trauma
Throughout our online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling degree, you will embark on the fascinating study of human behavior and psychology while applying this knowledge to help solve specific, real-world problems in the counseling and mental health field. The Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling provides a balance of field-tested practice and cutting-edge research in behavioral sciences so that you can be confident that your approach to treatment will be backed by solid scientific study while still maintaining a biblical worldview in ethics and practice.
The crisis response and trauma area of study for the online master’s in human services counseling degree will show you how to apply crisis counseling principles and trauma therapy techniques to help people in times of trouble and disaster. These skills will equip you to be able to go out into your community and help in times of great need and suffering, or if you want to go to ground zero when disaster strikes at home or abroad.
What Are the Benefits of Pursuing Liberty’s Human Services Degree Online?
- Complete your coursework on a schedule that fits your life with Liberty University’s award-winning online learning environment.
- Study a balanced perspective on the theological principles that underlie psychology, giving you effective crisis response and trauma counseling techniques with a firm biblical worldview.
- Be mentored by professors with real-world experience in human services and counseling while you explore the cutting-edge scholarship and methods for crisis trauma and response.
What Will You Learn in the Master’s in Human Services Online Degree?
The core content of the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling provides a balanced overview of important theories in psychology while applying this knowledge to specific, real-world counseling practices. Students in the online master’s in human services counseling will study the development of the human mind from childhood to adulthood and how multicultural issues impact counseling in individual and group settings. As a Christian college, Liberty bases this study of human thought and behavior in a Christian worldview and demonstrates how these science and evidence-based practices are informed by biblical principles.
Students who pursue the crisis response and trauma area of study for the online Masters in Human Services Counseling will learn to apply the core crisis counseling and mental health support skills of the program to disaster relief efforts and trauma therapy. Students will have the opportunity to customize their crisis response and trauma electives in areas that will be most useful to their needs. Students can choose to receive general crisis and first responder training to ensure that they will be prepared to help during a disaster and from additional treatment and situation-specific courses such as P.T.S.D. and combat-related trauma to assist veterans. Students in the crisis response and trauma area of study will have a flexible crisis counseling toolset of assessment and treatment options to help suffering people in their communities.
*Please note that the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling is not designed to fulfill all clinical counseling requirements. You can view Liberty University’s licensure-track Master of Arts in Professional Counseling below for more information about counseling licensure.
Human Services Counseling Degree Online Program Highlights
- By earning your online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- Students can complete the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Crisis Response and Trauma degree in as little as one year.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling – Crisis Response and Trauma – Ministry-focused biblical counseling and pastoral care degree that can be completed in as little as one year with optional intensives and an internship.
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling – A licensure-track clinical counseling program that includes required on-campus intensives and an extensive practicum and internship.
Master’s in Human Services Counseling- Crisis Response and Trauma Online Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you through every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour).
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder(less than $625 per course).
8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options for Graduates of the Online Master’s in Human Services Counseling – Crisis Response and Trauma
Graduating from the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling will give students mental health support and counseling skills to be useful in private, public, and non-profit human services settings such as: Christian counseling ministry, disaster relief organizations, childhood abuse support, veteran support, community service agencies, group homes, outreach services, in-home mental health support services, and other types of casework and support settings where counseling skills are needed. Chaplaincy may be an option in some cases. However, many roles will require additional training or a seminary degree.
- Child victim advocate
- Community relations coordinator
- Corporate crisis manager
- Crisis counselor
- Crisis intervention advocate
- Disaster relief counselor
Admission Requirements for the MA in Human Sevices Counseling – Crisis Response and Trauma
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.