Help Parents Raise the Next Generation with a Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Parenting and Child/Adolescent Development
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Dobson Center Parenting and Child/Adolescent Development is designed to train you in biblical counseling principles and strategies. The biblical integration in this program will provide a solid foundation of outreach to effectively work with adults and adolescents. Offered through the James C. Dobson Center, the program’s curriculum features lectures and material from a world-renowned psychologist, author, radio host, and family expert Dr. James C. Dobson. Courses feature materials from the counseling field considered essential to the master’s level professional preparation of human services counseling workers who seek to offer services in areas such as leadership, families, addictions, and recovery.
Liberty University has collaborated with a world-renowned psychologist, author, radio show host, and family expert Dr. James C. Dobson to create Liberty University’sJames C. Dobson Center for Child Development, Marriage, and Family Studies. Through this partnership, Liberty University offers a parent and child/adolescent development program track for the Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling that is designed to give ministry professionals and pastors the tools to help parents and their children grow together.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Parent and Child/Adolescent Development Program?
If you are looking for a child counseling degree and want to give families important parenting skills training, the parent and child/adolescent development area of study for the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling will help you explore in depth the parent-child relational problems that can create conflict and poor communication, and learn the parent counseling skills that will allow you to equip parents and help correct issues in the home. Liberty’s James C. Dobson Center for Child Development, Marriage, and Family Studies will ensure that your ministry training is recognized and field-tested.
What Are the Benefits of Pursuing Liberty’s Human Services Degree Online?
- Complete your coursework on a schedule that fits your life with Liberty University’s award-winning online learning environment.
- Study a balanced perspective on the theological principles that underlie psychology, giving you effective parent, child, and adolescent counseling techniques with a firm biblical worldview.
- Be mentored by professors with real-world experience in human services and counseling while you explore the cutting-edge scholarship and methods for parenting skills and child and adolescent development.
What Will You Learn in the Online MA in Human Services – Parent and Child/Adolescent Development Program?
Liberty University’s James C. Dobson Center for Child Development, Marriage, and Family Studies gives students in the parent and child/adolescent development area of study advanced, field-tested, and evidence-based family counseling and parenting skills training. The parent and child/adolescent development track features lectures and material from a world-renowned psychologist, author, radio host, and family expert Dr. James C. Dobson that will equip men and women with the knowledge to positively impact families and communities.
Students in the parenting and child/adolescent development track will study important foundational subjects such as how family issues and environmental factors affect child development and about the development of personhood from childhood to adulthood. Students will also be able to choose specific child counseling courses such as Childhood Issues, Trauma, and Abuse and Healthy Sexuality: Biblical and Developmental.
*Please note that while the parenting and child/adolescent development track may allow you to apply for some Christian counseling certifications, the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling is not designed to fulfill all clinical requirements for state-licensed professional counseling. You can view Liberty University’s licensure-track Professional Counseling degree below for more information about counseling licensure.
Similar Online Degree Programs
Military Benefits for Our MA in Human Services Counseling – Dobson Parenting Child
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you through every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour).
Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder(less than $625 per course).
8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
M.A. Human Services Counseling Degree Information
- This program does not lead directly to state licensure as a professional counselor, so please examine what your state of residence requires.
- Visit the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- View the Graduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Human Services Counseling
- Associate pastor
- Child advocate
- Church counselor
- Family therapist
- Outpatient care counselor
Students who complete a degree in Christian counseling like the online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling will be equipped for ministry-based, non-licensure counseling roles in many areas including marriage and family counseling, addiction counseling, and counseling women. Graduates of the Parent and Child/Adolescent track will be equipped for specialized parent counseling and family therapy ministry.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling – Parenting and Child/Adolescent Development
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling Program Highlights
- By earning your online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Students can complete this online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling– Parenting and Child/Adolescent Development in as little as one year.
- Develop broad experience in Christian counseling to address mental and spiritual health issues in your counseling practice.