Why Choose Liberty University for Your Master’s Degree in Behavioral Sciences?
Are you a human services professional seeking new, advanced skills beyond the bachelor’s level? Maybe you want to meet state requirements for clinical licensure or learn how people think so you can do your job better. No matter which category you fall into, Liberty University can help provide the training you need to prepare for the next step in your career! Our master’s in behavioral sciences online programs are designed to help you integrate ethical standards with industry best practices so you can lead with skill and integrity.
Several of our behavioral sciences master’s programs are available 100% online, allowing you to earn your degree from the comfort of your home. Liberty has been a pioneer in distance education since 1985, and we have used our extensive experience in online learning to develop courses that meet your needs as both a student and a professional.
Additionally, some of our behavioral sciences master’s online degrees have required residential intensives in addition to online classes. These intensives provide an exciting opportunity for you to visit our beautiful campus in Lynchburg, Virginia, and connect in-person with your professors and classmates. You can receive hands-on training in our state-of-the-art facilities and network with other professionals in your field.
Liberty University’s online master’s in behavioral sciences programs can help you meet the specific challenges of human behavior in your field through training rooted in a Christian worldview. Do you want to better connect with the people around you and serve the needs of those who are hurting in your community? If so, partner with us. We can help you develop the knowledge, skills, and values essential for impacting the world.
The following School of Behavioral Sciences programs are accredited through the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP):
- M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- M.Ed. in School Counseling
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision
Liberty University’s School of Behavioral Sciences Master’s Degrees
The School of Behavioral Sciences at Liberty University offers a wide range of degrees for you to choose from so you can pick the program that best matches your interests and career goals. You can gain valuable credentials that could help you pursue a promotion, earn a higher salary, or branch out into new job opportunities. Whether you need a 100% online program or are able to attend some on-campus intensives, we offer degrees that can fit your busy schedule.
Liberty’s 100% online Master of Arts in Addiction Counseling meets most of the Virginia requirements for becoming a Licensed Substance Abuse Treatment Professional (LSATP)* and exceeds those for certification as a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC).
Liberty’s 100% online Master of Arts in Applied Psychology is a non-licensure program that can help you develop a practical understanding of human behavior in fields such as developmental psychology, industrial/organizational psychology, and public mental health.
Liberty’s online, CACREP-accredited Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program is designed to meet Virginia requirements for licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
Liberty’s 100% online Master of Arts in Human Services Counseling is a non-licensure program that focuses on foundational counseling and human services support skills while letting you pick a specialization.
Liberty’s online Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy program is designed to meet Virginia requirements for licensure as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
Liberty’s 100% online Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling is a non-licensure program that gives ministry professionals specialized training in biblical counseling and pastoral care.
Liberty’s online Master of Education in School Counseling program can help you seek licensure as a school counselor. This program is accredited by CACREP.
Liberty’s 100% online Master of Social Work – Advanced Generalist provides training in research, generalist practice, and human behavior to help you pursue social work licensure.**
*12 additional hours of coursework beyond the M.A. in Addiction Counseling degree requirements are needed to meet LSATP licensure requirements in Virginia.
**Each state has unique requirements for becoming a licensed social worker. Be sure to research the requirements in your state.
Provide Healing to the Hurting with a Degree from Liberty’s School of Behavioral Sciences
With Liberty’s flexible and affordable online format, you can receive a quality education from the comfort of your home or office. And, by studying under faculty who are experienced mental health and human services professionals, you can pursue the skills and credentials you need to make a difference. Apply today and train to become a Champion for Christ!
Here are just some of the career paths you could pursue after earning a master’s in human behavior from Liberty:
- Work as a substance abuse counselor with a master’s in addiction counseling.
- Become a developmental specialist, behavioral analyst, or employment counselor with a master’s in applied psychology.
- Serve as a licensed counselor in a variety of settings with a master’s in clinical mental health counseling. Or pursue non-licensure counselor roles with a master’s in human services counseling!
- Become a marriage and family therapist with a master’s in marriage and family therapy.
- Strengthen your ministry effectiveness and pursue work as a Christian counselor with a master’s degree in pastoral counseling.
- Serve as a licensed school counselor with a master’s in school counseling.
- Become a licensed social worker with a Master of Social Work – Advanced Generalist degree.
What Are the Benefits of Earning an Online Behavioral Sciences Degree from Liberty University?
Our degree programs offer online students great benefits:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Many of Liberty University’s behavioral sciences programs are offered 100% online, so you can earn your degree without putting your life on hold. The other programs have some residential intensives in addition to online courses, giving you the chance to visit our campus.
- If you are seeking a credible master’s degree in human behavior, our behavioral sciences department offers a wide range of exciting programs — from Liberty University’s master’s in psychology to our school counseling master’s. Pick the degree that best suits your needs!
- Some programs, such as Liberty University’s psychology master’s, allow you to customize your degree by picking a specialization.
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Behavioral Sciences Online Degrees
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)