Follow Your Calling with Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Aviation Administration Degree Program
Becoming a leader within your career field of choice requires integrity and passion. At Liberty, our aviation administration program offers you a Christian education designed to help you channel your passion and values into marketable skills that set you apart. Here you’ll learn from seasoned professors with years of real-world aviation experience while joining a student body dedicated to creating a better tomorrow. Let us help you ignite your passions and go further than you ever thought possible.
With our mission to Train Champions for Christ, we have based all the courses within our School of Aeronautics on biblical principles, so you are prepared to act with excellence and integrity in all you do. Our students have a reputation as honest, hard workers who are well trained in their field. As a result, our graduates are highly sought after by employers. When you partner with us, you can be confident that we will give you the foundation you need to become a respected, innovative industry leader.
Why Choose Our Aviation Administration Bachelor’s Degree?
You want a degree that prepares you for more than a job. At Liberty University, we believe community, resources, and networking opportunities create a fuller academic experience. Because of that philosophy, our residential campus provides the following:
- Choose from over 100 student-led clubs, such as the Serving Others Using Aviation Resources (SOAR) club or the High Flight Mentoring Program.
- Participate in dorm, student, and campus activities throughout the school year, including concerts, movie nights, seasonal events, and trips.
- Liberty has strong relationships and hiring agreements with numerous airlines across the United States.
Our residential student body is flourishing more than ever. Come and see for yourself!
What Will You Learn in Our B.S. in Aviation Administration?
Earning a degree from our aviation administration program will provide you with a well-rounded understanding of the aviation industry. You’ll dive into courses in aviation safety and leadership to prepare for the ever-changing aeronautics field. Throughout our bachelor’s in aviation administration program, your aviation courses will be paired with accounting, business, and economics classes so you are prepared to build your career in aviation management.
ACCT 211: Financial Accounting
This course provides a study of basic transactions, general ledger accounts, books of original entry, closing and adjusting entry processes, trial balances, financial statements, accounting for assets, liabilities, sole proprietorship, equity, revenues, and expenses.
- AVIA 300: Aviation Safety
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- This course provides the student with a detailed introduction into aspects of aviation safety, risk management, and the associated components of pilot psychology, human factors in flight, and accident trends.
- Students will explore and develop their identity as an aviation leader as it relates to safety.
AVIA 314: Principles of Aviation Administration
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- There is so much more to aviation than flying airplanes. This is a career-oriented course, which introduces students to management competencies with a practical application to aviation service businesses.
- Course discussions include management functions, marketing, cash flows, and property oversight.
AVIA 472: Aviation Organizational Ethics
The aviation industry offers a work environment with a unique balance of regulatory and performance demands. This course introduces students to the tools necessary to recognize and apply managerial principles to common ethical situations found in this unique aviation environment.
Aviation Safety Management
Our Bachelor of Science in Aviation Administration – Aviation Safety Management degree will prepare you for a career in the aeronautics industry as a professional aviation administrator.
- AVIA 312: Aviation Safety Programs
- AVIA 409: Safety Management Systems
- AVIA 419: Aviation Safety Data Analysis
- BUSI 240: Organizational Behavior I
View our B.S. in Aviation Administration – Aviation Safety Management’s Degree Completion Plan.
Our Bachelor of Science in Aviation Administration – Flight degree will prepare you for a career as a professional aviation administrator equipped with a private pilot license.
- AVIA 210: Private Ground I
- AVIA 215: Private Ground II
- AVIA 220: Private Flight I
- AVIA 225: Private Flight II
View our B.S. in Aviation Administration and Flight’s Degree Completion Plan.
Highlights of Our B.S. in Aviation Administration Degree Program
Our aviation administration bachelor’s degree emphasizes aviation safety and leadership training. We provide graduates with the industry expertise they need to lead in aviation business and operation roles.
Within 15 years, Liberty’s aviation programs have grown from just 4 students to over 400 residential students, not to mention our online population. No matter how far we may have come, we will never stop pushing our programs to be the best they can be for students like you!
Other benefits of our bachelor’s in aviation administration degree program include:
- Our professors know students by name, mentoring them, and providing spiritual support.
- Our students have been selected for top-line internships at major airlines and aviation companies, with opportunities to travel around the world.
- Our School of Aeronautics operates state-of-the-art flight simulators for enhanced learning.
- Students have the opportunity to investigate real-world aviation issues by utilizing our research lab.
Our Bachelor’s of Aviation Administration Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Our B.S. in Aviation Administration Graduates
Our Bachelor of Science in Aviation Administration degree program prepares you for the following career fields:
- Airport Management
- Airline Operations
- Aircraft Manufacture and Sales
- Aviation Business
- Mission Aviation Management
- Government and Nonprofit Aviation Organizations
Admission Requirements for Our Undergraduate Degree Programs
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores (Liberty University is offering test-optional admission for Spring, Summer, and Fall 2021 applicants)
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.