Develop Your Leadership Abilities by Earning a Youth Ministries — Christian Leadership Degree
Do you have a passion for working in youth ministry? Would you like to pursue a college degree that prepares you for leadership success in ministry? If you said yes, and you are seeking the credentials and experience you need to work in youth ministry, consider Liberty’s bachelor’s degree in youth ministries with a Christian leadership concentration.
All of our youth ministries degrees are founded on our vision of Training Champions for Christ. So you can be confident that you will receive thorough instruction on major theological issues, hermeneutics, and discipleship methods that are vital for any ministry leader. While you take these more intensive courses, you will learn how to reach students with activities and programs that excited them.
Your ministry needs you at your best, so allow God to mold and shape you into the leader He has called you to be. Use your degree in Christian leadership to influence the next generation of leaders, pastors, entrepreneurs, medical professionals, and more.
At Liberty, you’ll find an affordable, high-quality education that equips students like you for the real world. Our commitment to excellence helped us rank among Niche.com’s Top 5 college campuses in America. Earning your degree from a nonprofit university with state-of-the-art resources like ours can help set you apart from your peers.
Why Choose Liberty’s Youth Ministries – Christian Leadership Degree?
Be confident that you are getting a great education founded on biblical truth. At Liberty, our mission is to Train Champions for Christ. Our Christian leadership-focused youth ministries degree was created with this vision in mind. This program incorporates biblical principles into today’s leadership best practices. Gain valuable insight into the type of leader you are now and the type of leader you want to become.
We want our students to walk away trained not only in the classroom but also in the field. In order to accomplish this, we have incorporated training opportunities, practicums, and internships directly into your degree plan.
The following are just some of the ways you can take your skillset further with Liberty:
- Complete various church ministry practicums, designed to get you real-world experience under ministry professionals before you graduate.
- Complete a youth ministry internship with a church, parachurch, or nonprofit organization to gain even more hands-on experience.
- Our Ministry Fellowship program is an excellent opportunity to maximize your vocational ministry training.
Additionally, our youth ministries degree programs are designed with your success in mind. To prepare for a career in youth ministry you will want to study under professionals with graduate and doctoral degrees who are excited to teach from their years of experience. These professors are in the classroom with you every week, guiding and mentoring you every step of the way. You can be confident that you are being taught by the very best.
What Will You Learn in Our Youth Ministries — Christian Leadership Degree
Our Christian leadership specialization focuses on educating students on effective, biblical leadership. Throughout this degree, you will examine the life of a youth leader, their professional responsibilities, as well as their personal health and readiness for the job. Leaders are under a constant spotlight with many people looking to them for guidance. Our courses are designed to develop your personal leadership style using biblical principles, so you can lead with confidence and integrity.
Additionally, you will receive the foundational knowledge of the Bible you need to excel in any ministry field. You’ll take courses in cultural engagement, apologetics, inductive Bible study, and hermeneutics. Our youth ministries degree program provides vital information for people wanting to work with youth. Study topics like global youth culture, strategies for student outreach, and ministering to adolescents in crisis.
Review the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below to learn more about what you’ll be studying!
CLED 310 – Foundations of Christian Leadership
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The foundations of leadership
- Leadership as evidenced throughout the Bible, the evaluation of social science theory, and the student’s personal aptitude for leadership
- Application of your understanding of the foundations of leadership to your own leadership setting
CLED 365 – Personal Development of the Leader
Here’s what you’ll learn: the development of an individual’s leadership skills, the ordering of one’s private world, the personal character of the leader, and becoming a leader that lasts.
CLED 410 – Team Dynamics in Christian Leadership
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- This course is designed to focus on the role of Christian leadership in establishing effective teams for ministry in the church and the marketplace
- It will guide the student through a biblical and theological basis for team ministry, as well as consider foundational material from the social sciences
- An analysis of various roles and ministry team dynamics in a multiple-staff ministry will be covered
- Principles for leading organizational change and diffusing conflict
CLED 425 – Ethical Issues in Christian Leadership
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Generally accepted leadership principles and practices with the additional inclusion of biblically based spiritual dynamics
- Biblically based spiritual dynamics that raises the expectations of leadership practices
- Ethical issues that require thoughtful consideration when it comes to participation, procedure, and practice
Highlights of Our Youth Ministries — Christian Leadership Degree
- John W. Rawlings School of Divinity professors are active in the classroom, as well as in research and publishing original works.
- Our School of Divinity is committed to the authority of Scripture and conservative evangelical theology.
- Benefit from the teaching and professor involvement of a small bible college with the experience and amenities of a university.
- Internship opportunities with churches and parachurches locally, nationally, and globally.
- The Freedom Tower, home for the School of Divinity, houses a 7-projector immersive classroom, an interactive meeting space that utilizes teleconferencing capabilities, and a state-of-the-art homiletics teaching lab.
- The Rawlings Foundation’s rare book collection is valued at over 1 million dollars and contains a 111-foot long Torah scroll dating back to the 16th century and a functioning Gutenberg Printing Press replica.
Youth Ministries – Christian Leadership Degree Information
- 120 total credit hours
- Transfer in up to 75% of your total degree
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity
- View the Degree Completion Plan
- View our course catalog
Career Opportunities for Youth Ministries – Christian Leadership Graduates
- Children’s pastor/director
- Church administrator
- College ministry pastor/director
- Parachurch leader
- Youth ministry director
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- Results from the CLT, SAT, or ACT are not required for admission, but may be used in consideration for merit-based aid.
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.