Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Health Sciences?
If you are passionate about health and wellness, then Liberty’s School of Health Sciences has the training you need to turn that passion into a rewarding career! If your goal is to prepare for the medical field, work in a medical office, or assist people in reaching their peak physical performance, then we have a degree to match your goals. Study with professors who are rooted in their Christian faith while you learn how to serve God through your service to others.
In Liberty’s online health sciences programs, you will learn the health concepts and disease research processes you need to know as you prepare for a future career as a health professional. Our undergraduate programs are 100% online while some of our graduate programs have the option to visit our beautiful campus in Lynchburg, Virginia for week-long intensives. During these intensives, you will have the opportunity to get hands-on experience and interact with professors who are dedicated to giving you the skills needed to excel in the health sciences field.
Ways to Enter the Health Sciences Field
Liberty University’s School of Health Sciences is broken down into three departments, each with its area of responsibility and expertise.
- Biology and Chemistry – If you are trying to prepare for medical school, dental school, physician assistant school, or other advanced medical degree programs, then programs such as the Master of Arts in Medical Sciences will assist you. You will develop a firm foundation in cell biology, genetics, biochemistry, advanced human anatomy and physiology, and ethics as it pertains to the medical field.
- Health Professions – Turn your passion for health and wellness into action! Programs such as the Master of Science in Exercise Science and Wellness, will prepare you for the exciting field of exercise science or equip you to be a medical office assistant. In either field of study, you can serve others and help them work toward wellness through preventive or curative wellness.
- Public and Community Health – If you want to study an integrated approach to health, then this is where you will learn how. This department offers the online Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) with areas of specialization in nutrition, health promotion, and global health.
If you have any questions or need help in deciding what the best path for you is, contact an Admissions Counselor at (800) 424-9595!
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Undergraduate Military Benefits
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Potential college credit for military training.
Graduate military Benefits
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
What’s Special about the School of Health Sciences?
- Undergraduate classes are 100% online.
- Gain valuable hands-on experience in our one-week intensive programs that will help you both learn by doing and give you the chance to make important professional connections.
- Our Associate of Applied Science – Medical Office Assistant has an optional externship that will allow you to sit for the Medical Administrative Specialist (CMAS) exam.
- We also have both undergraduate and graduate certificates for those looking for specialized training.
- Liberty University holds institutional accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
What are the Benefits of an Online Degree from Liberty University?
Our online degree programs offer students great benefits, including the following:
- Earning your degree or certificate from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility sets you apart from others.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times!