Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Health Sciences?
If you are passionate about health and wellness, then Liberty’s School of Health Sciences has the training you need to turn that passion into a rewarding career. Do you want to prepare for the medical field, work in a medical office, or assist people in reaching their peak physical performance? If so, we have a degree that can help you meet your goals. Study with professors who teach from a biblical perspective and learn to incorporate Christian principles into your career.
In Liberty’s online health sciences programs, you will learn about health concepts and disease research processes. This knowledge can help you prepare for a future career as a health professional.
The majority of our programs are 100% online and some of our graduate degrees provide the opportunity for you to visit our beautiful campus in Lynchburg, Va., for week-long intensives. During these intensives, you will have the opportunity to get hands-on experience and interact with professors. These individuals are dedicated to giving you the skills needed to excel in the health sciences field.
Online Health Sciences Degrees and Certificates
What majors are in the health sciences?
Health sciences majors can range from medicine to nutrition to public health. Here are just a few of the degrees offered through our School of Health Sciences:
Ways to Enter the Field with a Christian Health Sciences Degree
Liberty University’s School of Health Sciences is broken down into 3 departments, each with its own area of responsibility and expertise.
Biology and Chemistry
If you are trying to prepare for medical school, dental school, physician assistant school, or other advanced medical degree programs, then programs like our Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy or Master of Arts in Medical Sciences will assist you in meeting your academic and career goals. You will develop a firm foundation in cell biology, genetics, biochemistry, advanced human anatomy and physiology, and ethics as it pertains to the medical field.
If you are interested in teaching biology or other related sciences at the university level, then our human biology master’s can help.
Put your passion for health and wellness into action! Liberty University’s online nutrition master’s degree, M.S. in Exercise Science and Wellness, and M.S. in Human Performance can train you for exciting positions related to exercise science. You could work as a food and nutrition specialist, personal trainer, and more.
How much can you make with a master’s in exercise science? You may be wondering if Liberty University’s exercise science master’s degree will be worth your time and effort. This program can help you attain the job you want at the salary you’ve earned.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), exercise physiologists with a bachelor’s degree make an annual median salary of $49,170.* With a master’s degree in this field, you may see increased pay. Additionally, the BLS reports that this field is growing at an estimated rate of 10% – faster than the national average.*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Exercise Physiologists (viewed online August 25, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
If you’re just starting out, you could pursue one of our undergraduate programs – the AAS in Medical Office Assistant or the B.S. in Health Sciences. With one of these degrees, you can serve others and help them work toward wellness through preventive or curative wellness.
Can you get your medical assistant degree online? Yes! Liberty University offers a 100% online medical office assistant associate degree. You can gain the skills you will need to be successful in this profession from the comfort of your home. You will also gain experience with an externship that can be completed at a facility near you.
Public and Community Health
If you want to study an integrated approach to health, then this department offers an online Master of Public Health (MPH) with areas of specialization in nutrition, health promotion, and global health.
Is Liberty University’s MPH program accredited? Yes! Liberty University’s online master’s in public health program is accredited by CEPH, the Council on Education for Public Health. Whether you choose to pursue Liberty University’s health promotion, nutrition, or global health specialization, you will benefit from this accreditation.
If you have any questions or need help deciding what the best path for you is, contact an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9595!
What Are the Benefits of an Online Degree from Liberty University?
Our online degree programs offer students the following great benefits:
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Our health sciences degrees are offered in 8-week course formats, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times!
- Gain valuable hands-on experience in our 1-week intensive programs that will help you both learn by doing and give you the chance to make important professional connections.
- Liberty University’s online medical assistant program has an optional externship that will allow you to sit for the Medical Administrative Specialist (CMAS) exam.
- In addition to our degrees, we offer undergraduate and graduate certificates for those looking for specialized training.
- Liberty University holds institutional accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Learn more about meeting requirements for licensure or certification in your state.