Take Your First Step Towards a Career in Healthcare with an Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences
Health Sciences is a broad field that deals with all aspects of healthcare services. With the tremendous growth in this field over the last twenty years or so, health sciences offers many diverse career options to people looking to take the first steps towards becoming a nurse, pharmacist, technician, medical coder, or an administrator. A certificate in health sciences is the quickest way of entering this rewarding sector.
If you are looking for a certificate level training on the administrative side of healthcare, you may be interested in our Undergraduate Certificate in Healthcare Management.
Why Choose Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences?
Our health sciences certificate is taught by professors who are committed to preparing you for a successful career through engaging classes that test your medical knowledge. By enrolling in our health sciences certificate program, you will gain access to a multitude of resources that will further your training and knowledge base.
This certificate can be complete 100% online, which means you can remain involved with your family, work, church, and community while pursuing an education.
What Will You Learn in the Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences?
Throughout our Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences, you will study how the human body and its systems work, as well as the roles they play in the overall health and wellness of the body. By having such a thorough understanding, your ability to communicate with other health professionals and patients will strongly improve.
- HLTH 105 – Introduction to Health Professions
- HLTH 221 – Applied Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- HLTH 222 – Applied Human Anatomy & Physiology II
- HLTH 252 – Drugs in Society
- HLTH 330 – Human Nutrition
- HLTH 380 – Health Promotion for Aging Populations
Benefits of our Online Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- You can complete our Undergraduate Certificate in Health Sciences in about two semesters.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for course specific information.
- This certificate falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Review the course syllabi (login required)
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set log in times.
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative combined GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete a High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.