Gain Ground in the Health Sciences Field with a Doctor of Health Sciences from Liberty University
The need for health sciences professionals has never been greater. With a Doctor of Health Sciences (DHSc), you can bolster your credentials and prepare to advance your career. Whether you are an experienced allied health professional or new to the health sciences field, a DHSc degree from Liberty can help take your career to the next level.
By earning your DHSc, you can pursue work in the public and private sectors, academia, and clinical settings. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs in the healthcare field are projected to increase by 16% through 2030.* With such a high projected increase in jobs, now is the perfect time to stand out and earn a Doctor of Health Sciences online from Liberty University.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Healthcare Occupations (viewed online April 20, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Doctor of Health Sciences (DHSc) Program?
We know that quality is an important factor when looking at Doctor of Health Science degrees. At Liberty, our courses are taught by talented faculty who have years of experience in the health sciences field. In addition, Liberty is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
We believe that flexibility shouldn’t be sacrificed for quality. That is why our courses are offered online – so you can focus on the things that matter most. Our online Doctor of Health Sciences allows you to remain committed to your career, community, and family as you further your education. In our Doctor of Health Sciences program, you will also gain hands-on experience through a practicum in your area and an applied doctoral research project – allowing you to turn your knowledge into wisdom.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctor of Health Sciences Degree?
In our Doctor of Health Sciences degree, you will study an array of topics that can strengthen your knowledge and prepare you for a variety of challenges in the field. Some of the topics you will study include the process of reviewing and critiquing health science literature, risk management, and leadership in health science environments. You will also study cultural competency, ethical issues, and teaching in the health professions.
With a wide offering of electives available for the general specialization, you can pick and choose courses that are aligned with your goals. By completing a practicum and research project, you can apply what you have learned in different settings and gain a deeper understanding of the nuances of the health sciences field.
- HSCI 705 – Ethical Issues in Health Sciences
- HSCI 710 – Healthcare Delivery Systems
- HSCI 715 – Cultural Competency in Health Sciences
- HSCI 720 – Principles and Theories of Teaching in the Health Professions
Course guides coming soon
Potential Career Opportunities for Doctor of Health Sciences (DHSc) Graduates
Depending on your previously obtained certifications and licenses, some of the roles you could pursue after earning this degree include:
- Exercise physiologist
- Healthcare administrator
- Healthcare communications specialist
- Hospital director
- Medical assistant
Highlights of Our Doctor of Health Sciences Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online DHSc degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- Network with health sciences professionals from across the country in our online Doctor of Health Sciences program.
Doctor of Health Sciences Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for the general specialization.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Admission Requirements for Our Doctor of Health Sciences Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.