Advance Your Clinical Career with Our Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (RRT to BSRT) Online Degree
Do you want to expand your career options and take your respiratory therapy skills to a higher level? If you are a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) and have an associate degree, then our Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy — RRT to BSRT degree can help provide the skills and knowledge you need to open new career opportunities.
With Liberty’s BSRT degree program, you can learn advanced methods in determining your patients’ needs, advanced modes of ventilation, cardiopulmonary interactions in health and illness, and other important skills. These skills can enable you to help you serve your patients as they seek to maximize their recovery times and improve their conditions. Liberty’s online respiratory therapy bachelor’s degree can help you get the training you need.
What is an RRT to BSRT program?
Liberty’s online respiratory therapy degree can take you from your certification as a respiratory therapist to a completed bachelor’s degree. This program is designed to build on your previous training with additional specialized content to give you advanced skills.
With a degree in respiratory therapy, you can take advantage of new opportunities in the respiratory therapy industry such as management and administrative roles, or advanced practice positions. Liberty’s online respiratory therapy program can help you build toward a more rewarding and fulfilling career.
Liberty University’s B.S. in Respiratory Therapy online program holds Provisional Accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (COARC). See Liberty’s accreditation page for more information.
The CoARC’s outcomes webpage https://coarc.com/students/programmatic-outcomes-data/
CoARC accredits respiratory therapy education programs in the United States. To achieve this end, it utilizes an ‘outcomes-based’ process. Programmatic outcomes are performance indicators that reflect the extent to which the educational goals of the program are achieved and by which program effectiveness is documented.
A Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (RRT to BSRT) from Liberty University can help you gain the values, knowledge, and skills needed to elevate your opportunities for promotion and increase your effectiveness in the field. Gain the confidence and professionalism needed to react calmly and quickly under stress. Our online respiratory therapist bachelor’s degree can help you advance your practice and vie for additional compensation in advanced roles.
Why Choose Our Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy — RRT to BSRT Degree?
Liberty University’s BSRT can not only help you pursue opportunities for promotion and higher compensation — it can also keep you up-to-date with current practices and trends that may help you meet broader challenges in the field. All of our courses are taught from a Christian worldview and can be completed 100% online. This means you can advance your career from the comfort of your own home or office without compromising your values or neglecting your other responsibilities.
While searching for the best online school for respiratory therapy, you may have questions about how an online degree can help you meet your career goals. Below are some common questions about Liberty’s respiratory therapist online degree.
What degree is needed to be a respiratory therapist?
As a registered respiratory therapist, you are already qualified with the training to work in a clinic. However, many roles and job opportunities may require a full respiratory therapist BS degree. Respiratory therapist bachelor programs can help you build toward more advanced clinical studies and higher-level roles.
Respiratory therapy: associate vs bachelor’s degree
An associate degree in respiratory therapy is designed to provide the essential training and credentials you need to become a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). These requirements include hands-on training in a physical lab location and required hours of observation and internships.
Liberty University’s respiratory therapy bachelor’s degree is designed to be transfer-friendly, so you can build on your previously earned credential without rehashing things you’ve already learned. You can also gain additional skills and training you need to pursue more advanced studies and roles. RRT to BSRT online programs like Liberty’s program do not require additional hands-on training or internship hours because these requirements were met in your RRT training. That’s why you can complete your respiratory degree online through advanced simulations and online training.
What can you do with a Bachelor’s in Respiratory Therapy online degree?
With a bachelor’s in respiratory therapy, you can pursue new, rewarding jobs in a growing field. The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) estimates that the median salary for respiratory therapists in 2020 was $62,810. According to BLS, the average growth of the job market for these professionals is expected to be much faster than average at 19% until 2029.* With new opportunities and a higher-level credential, you could have better prospects in the field with roles in medical office administration and advanced therapy.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational Outlook Handbook: Respiratory Therapists (viewed online July 15, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (RRT to BSRT) Online Degree?
Throughout our online Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy, you can learn the skills and competencies required of a respiratory therapist practicing at the top of their field. This program can help you:
- Learn how to evaluate clinical data to determine the appropriateness of prescribed respiratory care.
- Keep on top of new therapies and practices.
- Engage in professional activities that further the profession of respiratory therapy.
- Learn up-to-date research techniques used in respiratory therapy.
- Develop management and leadership techniques that can set you apart for a promotion.
You’ll also learn the importance of preserving your patients’ dignity while you ease their suffering, allowing you to give them excellent professional and spiritual care.
This degree is designed to help you confidently:
- Differentiate practice idiosyncrasies and determine respiratory therapies leveraging evidence-based approaches associated with advanced practice.
- Develop a project or research proposal related to clinical practice, administration, or education associated with respiratory therapy.
- Critically appraise and interpret relevant medical and other authoritative literature related to advanced clinical practice, administration, education, and/or research associated with respiratory therapy.
- Integrate a biblical worldview within the healthcare environment.
- RESP 406 – Advanced Respiratory Support
- RESP 420 – Cardiopulmonary Physiology and Monitoring
- RESP 422 – Current Issues in Respiratory Care
- RESP 430 – Fundamentals of Respiratory Care Research
Program Highlights for the Online Respiratory Therapy Bachelor’s Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online RRT to BSRT degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-$2,000 per year on textbooks!
B.S. in Respiratory Therapy Degree Information
- The Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (RRT to BSRT) degree falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- View the Undergraduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- Review the Degree Completion Plan.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students around the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses.
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- Potential college credit for military training.
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences).
Potential Careers for Respiratory Therapy Graduates
- Case manager
- Clinical specialist
- Disease manager
- Respiratory therapist
Admission Requirements for the Online Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (RRT to BSRT) Degree Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- A high school self-certification form
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of having graduated from a CoARC-accredited associate degree program in respiratory therapy
- Proof of RRT credential from NBRC and are licensed to practice
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
The B.S. Degree Advancement Program in Respiratory Care, CoARC program number 510013, B.S. in Respiratory Therapy online program holds Provisional Accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (COARC).
This status signifies that a program with an Approval of Intent has demonstrated sufficient compliance with the Standards (through submission of an acceptable Provisional Accreditation Self Study Report (PSSR) and any other documentation required by the CoARC, as well as satisfactory completion of an initial on-site visit.
Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)
P.O. Box 54876
Hurst, Texas 76054-4876