Become an Expert in Public Health through Liberty’s Master’s in Public Health (MPH) Degree Online
Liberty University’s Master of Public Health (MPH) program is one of the leading graduate online health degrees providing practical knowledge to students seeking necessary skills for their career in the public health field. The MPH degree online curriculum builds on your knowledge and experience to grow critical thinking, leadership and marketing skills. Whether you are seeking to grow in your current role or explore other areas within the health field, our online MPH program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and training you’ll need.
The Master’s in Public Health Online online degree program is a great option for individuals wishing to impact the world for Christ through the ministry of health. Our MPH degree online can enhance the professional preparedness of a recent college graduate or seasoned professional. Physicians, nurses, health educators, lawyers, and social workers are among the many professionals who have benefitted by augmenting their knowledge and skill base with an MPH online degree.
Why Choose Our Master’s in Public Health Online Degree?
Our MPH degree online is an industry leader in online public health programs taught by health professionals with real-world experience in clinical and leadership settings. You will learn from their many years of experience, inside and outside of the classroom, combined with your knowledge, to grow in practice and leadership. Our MPH degree online is offered 100% online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on campus. The master’s in public health online classes will teach you important concepts in environmental health, epidemiology, and more.
What Will You Learn in Our MPH Degree Online?
Liberty University’s Master of Public Health online degree is an excellent way to further your skills or take the next step toward a new career! As a student in our MPH degree online, you have the opportunity to customize your degree with a specialization. These specializations allow you to tailor your degree to an aspect of health that aligns most with your passions and career goals. Through six foundational health classes, you will explore biostatistics, patterns of disease, environmental health factors, health policy and management, and research methods so you can better understand the advanced training in your specialized classes.
In as little as two years, our Master of Public Health can equip you with the in-demand skills employers are seeking in a wide variety of health careers. With Liberty’s master’s in public health online degree, you can be confident that the training and skills you gain in our program can prepare you for success in any career you choose!
Additionally, this degree is supported by the Department of Public and Community Health, providing an integrated approach to health and offering competency-based and practice-focused preparation for successful careers in public health and healthcare. Through a Christian worldview, you will learn to strategically address the health needs of priority populations from the individual to the global level using a variety of health promotion and education strategies.
Customize Your Online Master’s in Public Health with a Specialization
Our students’ career goals vary, and that is why our MPH online degree programs are such a great fit. You can choose to personalize your MPH degree online through a deeper understanding of the leading health problems or by creating strategies to address these problems. You will explore the use of counseling, public campaigns, social media, and political processes to advocate for health among diverse populations. Liberty University will equip you with the skills and knowledge you’ll need to be confident in any industry you choose through your Master of Public Health online.
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Public Health in Global Health is an applied science degree that focuses on epidemiology and biostatistics. It provides both knowledge and practical experience for those seeking a career in public health, including a required practicum designed to develop leadership abilities and communication skills.
- HLTH 622 – Primary Healthcare in Developing Countries
- HLTH 623 – Cultural Aspects of Health Behavior
- HLTH 624 – Sanitation in Developing Countries
- HLTH 625 – Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases
Potential Career Options
- In-country field consultant
- Disaster relief worker
- Medical researcher
- Government medical specialist
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Public Health – Health Promotion will enrich your understanding and enhance your credentials as you gain a level of expertise regarding solutions to healthcare, disease prevention, and nutrition. You will achieve a rich understanding of how to manage and educate others regarding the importance of health and wellness that will influence the health of individuals, communities, schools, workplaces, and more.
- HLTH 632 – Health Program Planning
- HLTH 633 – Health Program Evaluation
- HLTH 634 – Health Communication and Advocacy
- HLTH 635 – Health Agency Management
Potential Career Options
- Health educator
- Public health specialist
- Director of non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Health and safety advocate
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Public Health – Nutrition will engage your desire to impact society locally or globally, through a sociological perspective regarding solutions to food-borne illness, disease prevention, and nutritional health disorders. You will gain a level of expertise, as you enrich your understanding of basic nutrition and enhance your credentials.
- HLTH 642 – Foodborne Illness Prevention
- HLTH 643 – Nutrition and Chronic Disease
- HLTH 644 – Diabetes, Obesity and Eating Disorders
- HLTH 645 – Performance Nutrition for the Physically Active
Potential Career Options
- Public health specialist
- Food sanitarian (inspector)
- Health educator
- School nutrition and food services
Highlights of the MPH Degree Online Program
- By earning your MPH degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the public health field.
- Tuition for our Master of Public Health degree has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online Master of Public Health degree in less than two years.
- You will benefit from networking opportunities with other public health professionals in the program from around the country.
MPH Degree Online Requirements and Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Review the graduate course guides for this program (login required).
- See information about the Master of Public Health Gates process.
HLTH 698 MPH Practicum (for current students) – If you have completed the following items and would like to begin your practicum, please contact the practicum coordinator, Giordana Morales at email@example.com. For more information about MPH Practicum FAQs, documents, and contact information, please visit MPH Practicum – HLTH 698.
- Complete core and specialization courses successfully, elective courses may be taken concurrently with the practicum
- Submit and pass your background check through Castle Branch.
- Mail completed agreement form to the MPH Practicum Coordinator for approval.
MPH Degree Online Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Admission Requirements for Master of Public Health
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with 2.5 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing.
Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts can be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Official college transcripts if available
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.