Change Lives by Starting Your Career as a Healthcare Professional with Liberty’s Bachelor of Health Science Online
Are you interested in working in the healthcare field? Maybe you want to work with patients, doctors, or nurses. Maybe you’re interested in reporting on current events in healthcare or helping patients navigate insurance and other administrative concerns. By earning Liberty University’s online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences, you can become better prepared to work in one of the allied health professions.
Our health science degree online is designed to provide you with academic knowledge integrated with a biblical worldview – so you can practice healthcare ethically. You can also gain the skills and tools needed to apply to a graduate program or pursue entry-level positions immediately after completing your degree.
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to design an online degree program capable of helping you learn new concepts, master new skills, impart knowledge, and prepare for career success without detracting from the things that matter most – like your job, family, and community. Partner with us to earn your bachelor’s in health science degree online and start making a difference in the lives of patients and other healthcare workers.
Is a Bachelor’s degree in health science worth it?
The beauty of our online degree in health science is its versatility. Far from a niche degree that prepares you for one specific job, our online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences can help prepare you for a wide variety of careers – not just clinical settings. The healthcare field is so broad that there are countless opportunities for employment, and a bachelor’s in health science degree could be your ticket to the job in healthcare you love. So yes – in our opinion, a healthcare degree online is worth it.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Health Science Degree?
Choosing where to earn your degree is an important decision. At Liberty, we understand the weight of this decision, and we are excited that you are considering our program. Here are some of the reasons why you should pursue your online degree in health science with Liberty University:
- Credibility | Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Earning your online health science degree from a university with this sort of recognition can help set you apart and prepare you to pursue your goals with confidence.
- Flexibility | Our health sciences bachelor’s degree is 100% online with 8-week courses and 8 different start dates each year. You can earn your degree while continuing to devote time to other priorities – like your job, church, and family.
- Integrity | At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. We honor that mission by incorporating biblical principles into all of our coursework, so you can become an ethical professional who values integrity.
- Opportunities | Job opportunities in the allied health professions are practically limitless. By completing this program, you can explore a wide variety of entry-level positions. Plus, if you pair our program with a certification in the medical field or pursue graduate studies, your options can grow.
Can you become a nurse with a health science degree?
No. While this program can help prepare you for a variety of roles in healthcare settings, our online health sciences degree is not designed to lead to nursing licensure. If you are interested in earning a nursing degree online, please see our school of nursing’s webpage to find a program that is right for you.
What Will You Learn in Our Health Sciences Bachelor’s Degree Online?
Health sciences is an exciting and diverse field that allows you to work in a variety of settings. You may choose to work in direct patient care, to manage or assist other medical professionals, or to work in healthcare data and administration. Our program can help prepare you to start your career upon graduation or to complete graduate programs or certifications to further develop your skills.
By completing our bachelor of health science online, you can learn how to:
- Access, evaluate, and use evidence-based research effectively and appropriately
- Demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology and effective written communication
- Evaluate the nature and role of health from a biblical worldview
- Integrate legal and ethical principles into professional decision-making
- Use critical thinking strategies as a basis for identifying and addressing issues within the health sciences profession
This health degree online consists of 2 sections: major foundational courses and health sciences courses. The major foundational courses of this health science degree program consist of 2 courses: statistics, and science and society. From there, our health sciences degree online ventures into major coursework.
Our health science bachelor degree online will guide you through an overview of legal and ethical issues in healthcare. You will also study healthcare administration, financial analysis and management, research and evidence-based practice, chemistry for health science professionals, and the history of life. In addition, this bachelor of health science online will guide you through applied human anatomy and physiology, human nutrition, public and community health for business, and wellness and behavior theories for business.
Lastly, this online health science degree covers principles of epidemiology, biostatistics for business, and fundamental medical terminology. This online bachelor’s degree in health science is rounded out by free elective courses – meaning you’ll be able to choose specific topics of study that you’re most interested in or passionate about.
Don’t put your career potential on hold any longer. Partner with us, earn a valuable credential, learn new skills, and launch your career in the health sciences.
- BUSI 302 – Legal and Ethical Issues in Healthcare
- CHEM 108 – Chemistry for Health Science Professionals
- HLTH 105 – Introduction to the Health Professions
- HLTH 330 – Human Nutrition
Highlights of Our BS in Health Science Online Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online bachelor’s degree in health sciences from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all online undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete your BS in Health Sciences online in as little as 3.5 years.
- Our online health science program can help prepare you for graduate school or for a variety of entry-level positions in the allied health professions.
Bachelor of Health Science Online Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Health Science Bachelor’s Degree Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Career Opportunities for BS Degree in Health Sciences Graduates
By earning your bachelor’s in health sciences, you can prepare to pursue a variety of roles in hospitals, research laboratories, private offices, clinics, rehabilitation facilities, and government agencies. Some of the positions you may qualify for include:
- Community health or public health worker
- Health journalist
- Hearing aid specialist*
- Hospital or physician’s office manager
- Medical administrative assistant
- Medical staff relations specialist
- Patient care advocate
- Patient care services worker
- Pharmaceutical sales representative
- Ultrasound technician*
*Requires additional certification or education
Admission Requirements for Our Online Health Bachelor’s Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.