Change Lives by Starting Your Career as a Healthcare Professional
Are you interested in working in the healthcare field? Maybe you want to work with patients, doctors, or nurses. Maybe you’re interested in reporting on current events in healthcare or helping patients navigate insurance and other administrative concerns. By earning Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences, you can become prepared to work in one of the allied health professions.
Our program is designed to provide you with academic knowledge integrated with a biblical worldview – so you can practice healthcare ethically. You can also gain the skills and tools needed to be successful in a graduate program or start entry-level positions immediately after completing your degree. Partner with us to earn your bachelor’s in health sciences – and start making a difference in the lives of patients and other healthcare workers.
Why Choose Liberty’s B.S. in Health Sciences?
Choosing where to earn your degree is an important decision. At Liberty, we understand the weight of this decision, and we are excited that you are considering our program. Here are some of the reasons why you should pursue your bachelor’s in health sciences with Liberty University:
- Flexibility | Our health sciences bachelor’s degree is 100% online with 8-week courses and 8 different start dates each year. You can earn your degree while continuing to devote time to other priorities – like your job, church, and family.
- Integrity | At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. We honor that mission by incorporating biblical principles into all of our coursework, preparing you to start your career as an ethical professional who values integrity.
- Opportunities | With this program, your possibilities in the allied health professions are practically limitless. Graduates have a variety of entry-level positions available to them. Plus, if you pair our program with a certification in the medical field or pursue graduate studies, your options will only grow.
What Will You Learn in Our Undergraduate Degree in Health Sciences?
Health sciences is an exciting and diverse field that allows you to work in a variety of settings. You may choose to work in direct patient care, to manage or assist other medical professionals, or to work in healthcare data and administration. Our program can prepare you to start your career upon graduation or complete graduate programs or certifications to further develop your skills.
After completing this program, you will be able to:
- Access, evaluate, and use evidence-based research effectively and appropriately.
- Demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology and effective written communication.
- Evaluate the nature and role of health from a biblical worldview.
- Integrate legal and ethical principles into professional decision-making.
- Use critical thinking strategies as a basis for identifying and addressing issues within the health sciences profession.
- BUSI 302 – Legal and Ethical Issues in Healthcare
- CHEM 108 – Chemistry for Nursing Professionals
- HLTH 105 – Introduction to the Health Professions
- HLTH 330 – Human Nutrition
Highlights of Our B.S. in Health Sciences Degree
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all online undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You could complete your B.S. in Health Sciences in as little as 3.5 years.
- This program can prepare you for graduate school or a variety of entry-level positions in the allied health professions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences Information
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan (coming soon).
- View Undergraduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Undergraduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Career Opportunities for B.S. in Health Sciences Graduates
By earning your bachelor’s in health sciences, you can get prepared for a variety of roles working in hospitals, research laboratories, private offices, clinics, rehabilitation facilities, and government agencies. Some of the careers you might be prepared for include:
- Athletic trainer*
- Dental hygienist*
- Health journalist
- Medical administrative assistant
- Occupational therapist*
- Pharmaceutical sales representative
- Physical therapist*
- Physician assistant*
- Ultrasound technician*
*Requires additional certification or education
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.