Invest in the Future by Teaching Biology-Related Subjects to University Students
Are you passionate about learning, teaching others, and understanding the creation of life? A graduate degree in human biology can help you turn these passions into a rewarding career. Liberty University offers a Master of Science in Human Biology, which is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills you’ll need to teach biology-related courses at the university level.
With our master’s degree in biology, you can get ready to enter the world of academia. You’ll have the opportunity to conduct research and writing throughout your program, prepare teaching presentations, and complete a capstone course – all of which will help you teach in a college or university. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to participate in optional, on-campus intensives. These courses will provide you with hands-on experience as well as connections with professors and peers.
Partner with us and become a mentor and educator to the next generation. Our online master’s program in biology will prepare you with all the tools you need to begin your career in academics.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online Biology Master’s Degree?
As someone who wants to teach others in a higher education setting, you understand the importance of faculty, and so do we. Our professors are professionals in their field with years of experience in the sciences and education. They are dedicated to helping you succeed as both a student and a professional.
You’re probably wondering how many years it takes to get a master’s degree in biology. At Liberty, you can complete your human biology degree online in as little as 1.5 years! Our program is offered 100% online – allowing you to fit your courses around your schedule.
Our mission is Training Champions for Christ, so we have integrated Christian principles and a biblical worldview into all our courses. As you enter your new profession, this will help you perform your tasks ethically – with excellence and integrity.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Human Biology Master’s Program?
Our master’s in biology will provide you with the foundation in biology and education that you’ll need to be a part of a university or college faculty. You will receive training in biochemistry, genetics, human anatomy and physiology, and cell biology. Your education courses will also prepare you with techniques for teaching in higher education as well as supporting and retaining students.
Throughout your program, you will be presented with assignments that stretch your current knowledge and abilities so you can become an excellent educator. You’ll conduct research and writing as well as create and present lectures. You will also complete a capstone course where you will assemble a teaching portfolio, demonstrate your professional development, and create teaching materials such as grading rubrics.
Featured Courses for the Human Biology Master’s
- EDUC 562 – Introduction to Higher Education
- EDUC 665 – Student Support Services and Retention
- MSCI 523 – Human Gross Anatomy Lecture
- MSCI 660 – Principles of Cellular Biology
Highlights of Our Online Human Biology Graduate Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com – and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online M.S. in Human Biology from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- Gain valuable hands-on experience in our optional, 1-week intensive courses that will help you learn by doing and give you the chance to make important professional connections.
- Liberty University holds institutional accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Information for the Human Biology Degree Online
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our M.S. in Biology Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
What Can You Do with a Master’s Degree in Biology?
Our graduate degree in human biology can equip you to teach students in higher education settings. You will be qualified to work as a professor or adjunct faculty member, and you will have the skill set to teach courses like:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Cell biology
Admission Requirements for Our Online Master’s in Biology
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree in biology or a related science with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts showing a completed bachelor’s degree in biology or a related science with a 3.0 GPA
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.