Fast Track Your Way to a Career in Healthcare with Our Online Medical Office Assistant Program
Medical Office Assistants play an essential role in the care and well-being of patients. They serve as vital members of health care teams in hospitals, outpatient clinics, physician’s offices or long-term care facilities. Liberty University’s 100% online Associate’s degree in Medical Office Assistant program will teach you the various components of a medical office so you can efficiently perform your daily tasks. As you begin your courses, you will learn medical procedures like diagnostic coding as well as how to locate important information in the coding book. You will be prepared to handle legal and ethical issues in a medical office by emphasizing confidentiality, HIPAA, risk management, licensing, contracts and professional liability.
Your passion for helping others will shine through your attitude, morals, and communication skills. Professors in our online medical office assistant program will help you learn the importance of compassion and encouragement as you interact with patients facing various life situations. At Liberty, we will prepare you to make a lasting, positive impact on staff and patients through our online medical office assistant degree program.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Medical Office Assistant Program?
As a Christian university, you will be taught from a biblical worldview from our experienced medical office assistant program professors. At Liberty, providing the highest standard of care to others is shown not only as a career necessity for medical office assistants but as a mission that is in keeping with our values.
Liberty is proud to offer our medical office assistant program 100% online, so you can continue your current career without having to come to our residential campus in Lynchburg, Virginia. As more people retire and healthcare advances, the need for medical office assistants is growing fast. In fact, between 2016-2026, the Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates the job outlook to increase by 29%, which is an unusually high rate compared to many other professions*.
What Will You Learn in the Medical Office Assistant Online Program?
Our online medical office assistant program focuses on the business and administrative sides of the medical field. Students in the online Medical Office Assistant degree will gain the skills needed to be confident in handling the front-end administrative duties or medical billing in an office setting.
Students will develop a foundation of business and administrative practices, as well as learn medical terminology to handle office systems and procedures effectively.
Medical Office Assistant Program Featured Courses
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the School of Health Sciences.
- View the course syllabi (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- Potential college credit for military training.
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Medical Office Assistant Program Highlights
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your Medical Office Assistant degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past three years ̶ and counting.
- Our online Associate’s Degrees ranked on the list of most Affordable Degrees according to AffordableColleges.com.
- Students can complete the medical office assistant associate’s degree program in about two years.
- Our program will open the door to networking opportunities with other professionals in the program as well as real-world experience through an optional externship.
Medical Assistant Potential Career Options
- Clerical and Medical Billing Expert
- Doctor’s Office Assistant
- Medical Clinic Receptionist
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Associate Medical Office Assistant Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts; if not available, submit a transcript request form.**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.