Why Choose One of Liberty University’s Master’s Programs Through the Online Divinity School?
Are you an aspiring or current Christian pastor, teacher, or evangelist? If so, you will be glad to know that our John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is one of the world’s largest schools for religious studies and ministerial training.
Liberty University is dedicated to Training Champions for Christ. You can confidently pursue a master’s degree knowing that our renowned faculty has a firm commitment to Christian ministry and theology.
Since 1985, we have been pioneering distance education. Now, our faculty and staff educate people all over the world through 100% online master’s degrees. Additionally, you have the opportunity to get practical experience while earning college credits through some of our internships and practicums.
If you are considering pursuing higher education after your graduate degree, we recommend looking at degrees with a thesis track. These online master’s programs offer excellent preparation for your doctoral dissertation.
Review all of the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity master’s degrees below:
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Pursue Your Graduate Degree in Divinity and Theological Studies
We offer online graduate programs in divinity that are 36, 60, and 75+ credit hours. Find an online master’s degree that advances your ministry goals as well as realistically fits your schedule and timeline. Here are some related careers:
- Write books on theology as an author with an online degree in biblical exposition.
- Help students as a campus minister with an online degree in Christian apologetics.
- Work as a senior pastor with Liberty University’s Master of Divinity.
- Start your ministry as a pastor with an online degree in Christian ministry.
- Engage others as a cross-cultural worker with an online degree in global studies.
- Become a sports ministry leader with an online degree in sports chaplaincy.
- Study, research, and write as a theologian with an online degree in theological studies.
Our professors share your faith and are dedicated to helping you fulfill God’s plan for your life. Learn relevant information from educators who know what it takes to run effective and fruitful ministries. Gain access to a wide variety of religious texts and information through the Jerry Falwell Library.
Apply online by choosing the degree that best suits your needs. If you need help deciding which path is the best for your goals, speak with an admissions counselor by calling (800) 424-9595!
What is an MDiv program?
An MDiv is a Master of Divinity program that can prepare students for ministry, church administration, and more. A Master of Divinity or its equivalent is often required for senior pastors and other ministry professionals. Additionally, anyone planning to pursue a Doctor of Ministry must have an MDiv for acceptance.
Liberty University’s MDiv is designed to provide students with the foundation they need for ministry professions and future doctoral studies. Plus, our MDiv online has a variety of specializations. This allows you to customize your degree to your unique goals so you can better reach others with the Gospel.
The core courses in our online MDiv lay the foundation for a life of ministry. Some of the topics studied in this program will include:
- Christianity’s history
- Greek and Hebrew languages
- Sermon and ministry preparation
- Systematic theology
How many credits is an MDiv?
The Master of Divinity at Liberty University is at least 75 credits with some tracks being 90 credits. You can complete an online MDiv program in about 2 years. Since all the courses are 100% online, you will still be able to dedicate time to your church and family while pursuing your degree.
Is Liberty University a seminary?
Yes – the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity at Liberty University is a seminary. Our divinity programs prepare students to work in churches, parachurches, nonprofit organizations, and other ministries. Depending on which degree you choose, you can become qualified to work as a senior pastor, chaplain, global mobilizer, or nonprofit director.
What Are the Benefits of an Online Master’s Degree from Liberty University?
Our online degree programs offer students great benefits, including:
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com – and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Our programs are offered in an 8-week course format with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times.
Military Benefits for Liberty’s MDiv and Other Master’s Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Discounted divinity block rate: $2,475 per semester for students taking 9-15 credits – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours are charged at the part-time rate.