Prepare for Careers Around the World with a Global Studies Master’s Degree
Do you love learning about other cultures? Are you passionate about keeping up with current events? Do you want to learn more about what makes various countries unique and what links them together? If so, Liberty’s online Master of Arts in Global Studies may be right for you! This degree can help equip you to serve in a variety of careers around the globe.
Explore the unique dynamics that come with living and working in multicultural contexts. In this program, you’ll look at the distinctive aspects of various cultures. And, more importantly, you will explore how global studies transcends regional differences and relates to the big picture of the world as a whole.
If you want to enter the global workforce or advance in your current career, our M.A. in Global Studies can help. Partner with us and develop a solid basis for global involvement as you learn about cultures and religions from around the world.
Why pursue a degree in global studies?
Our world is becoming increasingly globalized and interconnected. Because of this, it’s vital that you understand how to communicate with people across borders, regions, and cultures. By completing a degree in global studies, you can learn how to adapt to different environments and forge meaningful relationships around the globe.
Is global studies the same as international relations?
While these fields are related, there are some key differences between international studies and global studies. International relations usually focuses on political science and history, with the goal of understanding how governments and nation-states interact.
In contrast, global studies is an interdisciplinary field that looks at broad trends and analyzes many aspects of globalization, including political, economic, social, and ideological phenomena.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Global Studies Graduate Program?
This degree is offered 100% online, and the classes have no set login times. You can complete your courses wherever and whenever it’s most convenient for you — without sacrificing your other priorities, like your family and job.
Maybe you are already serving in a global context and want to gain additional credentials. Or perhaps you would like to launch a new career at the international level. Either way, our master’s program provides the affordable tuition rates, real-world training, and top-notch curriculum you need to prepare for effective cross-cultural engagement.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Global Studies Degree?
In this program, you will examine the historical and theoretical foundations of global engagement and learn how to meet the needs of a culturally diverse world. You’ll also analyze past and present global issues so you can more fully understand how to serve in a multicultural context.
Develop skills that can make you a valuable asset in many international careers, including business, nonprofit work, and more. This degree explores how to communicate effectively across borders and cultivate healthy intercultural relationships. You will also take an in-depth look at cultural anthropology and world religions, allowing you to gain an appreciation of how diverse our world is.
Learn how to communicate with cultures that rely on oral rather than written stories. With this knowledge, you can prepare to connect with people of various backgrounds and help meet their unique needs. Toward the end of this program, you’ll complete an internship so you can gain practical, on-the-job experience.
Earn your degree today and learn how to effectively engage in a global context!
- GLST 500 – Global Studies Survey
- GLST 600 – Cultural Anthropology
- GLST 650 – Intercultural Communication
- GLST 655 – Orality – The Power of a Story
For more information about the specifics of these courses, please contact an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9595.
Highlights of Liberty University’s Global Studies Degree Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Arts in Global Studies (MGS) degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- Liberty is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can complete this master’s degree in global studies in under 2 years!
- As a global studies major, you can access a wealth of resources through our research portal.
- Our online courses are only 8 weeks long, with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
Master’s in Global Studies Online Degree Information
- This program falls under Liberty’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our master’s in global affairs.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Global Studies Online Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for part-time graduate courses
- Discounted divinity block rate: $2,475 per semester (9-15 credit hours)*
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*Credits taken below 9 and above 15 credit hours are charged at the part-time rate.
What Can You Do with an Online Master’s in Global Studies Degree?
By earning a degree in global studies at Liberty University, you can prepare to pursue many job opportunities around the world. Some of the roles you may qualify for after completing this program include:
- Global mobilizer and leader
- Global nonprofit/non-governmental organization (NGO) service worker
- Global refugee worker
- Human rights advocate
- International development/aid worker
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Global Studies Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral Recommender Contact Information
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.