Fulfill Your Calling with an Online Ministry Degree
If you are passionate about using your leadership skills to advance God’s kingdom, Liberty University’s online Master of Arts in Christian Ministry degree may be right for you. This program is designed to meet the growing need for ministry leaders in churches across the globe.
Through our online ministry courses, you can learn the principles of biblical leadership, as well as strategies for training up disciples in the church and leading evangelism efforts in local communities. By pursuing our Christian ministry degree, you can gain the knowledge, skills, and values you’ll need to serve as a leader in global and local churches alike.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Christian Ministry?
If you are seeking an advanced degree that equips you to serve in church leadership, Liberty’s M.A. in Christian Ministry is a great next step to take in your academic and professional journey. This is a focused program that lets you learn biblical principles and on-the-job skills – both of which are vital to a career in ministry. Partner with us and pursue a faith-based education that combines academic study with real-world application.
Liberty’s Christian ministry courses are taught by experienced professors who have years of real-world experience in the realm of church ministry and leadership. With their guidance, you can gain skills and knowledge that can help strengthen your Christian worldview and prepare you for a career in a church, religious organization, social service agency, or school. Your passion for the Gospel can be channeled into a leadership role that touches the lives of many people.
Our goal is to help you pursue your master’s degree in a way that fits your lifestyle, which is why our M.A. in Christian Ministry is designed to maximize flexibility, affordability, and accessibility. This graduate program is offered entirely online, allowing you to complete your courses from the comfort of your own home. You can focus on what really matters – like your family, job, and community – while earning a degree that can take your career to the next level.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Online Christian Ministry Program?
Being well-versed in the areas of evangelism and discipleship is essential for an effective career in Christian ministry. Our online ministry degree can enrich your understanding of biblical principles and give you an opportunity to dive into practical methods for leading within the church.
With Liberty’s online ministry degree, you can pursue a rewarding career that utilizes your passion for leadership and the Gospel. We are excited to partner with you as you become a Champion for Christ and use your calling to further God’s kingdom.
In our Christian ministry courses, you can develop a firm foundation in Scripture by exploring the themes, background, content, and hermeneutics of the Old and New Testaments. You can also analyze the example of Christ’s leadership and study biblical principles concerning the nature and purpose of leadership. Understanding the biblical and theological underpinnings of ministry can help prepare you to lead in the church with integrity, knowledge, and humility.
This master’s degree covers practical, hands-on techniques for leading in Christian ministry. You can learn how to carry out discipleship and evangelism in modern times as well as how to spread the Gospel in a culturally diverse world. You can also gain experience in researching and writing sermons, conducting pastoral counseling, and teaching Scripture – both from the pulpit and in small-group settings.
Highlights of Our Christian Ministry Degree Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online Master of Arts in Christian Ministry degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education , electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses at no cost to you.* As a full – time student, this could save you an estimated $800 – 2,000 per year on textbooks.
- Access a wide variety of resources and materials through Liberty’s research portal.
- Receive a quality Christian education from some of the world’s leading evangelical professors.
- Earn your degree in as little as 1 year.
- Complete courses that both enrich your biblical knowledge and provide you with practical, real-world experience.
*Please note: Electronic textbooks are not provided for pastoral counseling (PACO) courses, which fall under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
Online Christian Ministry Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for the M.A. in Christian Ministry.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Online Master’s in Christian Ministry Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Discounted divinity block rate: $2,475 per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*Credits taken below 9 above 15 credit hours for the online Master of Arts in Christian Ministry are charged at the part-time rate.
What Can You Do with a Master’s Degree in Christian Ministry?
By earning an M.A. in Christian Ministry, you can pursue job opportunities in many areas of the church. Some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Associate pastor
- Children’s ministry director
- Christian educator
- Church administrator
- Director of youth ministries
- Discipleship pastor
Admission Requirements for the Master’s in Christian Ministry Online Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- John W. Rawlings School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Contact information for a pastoral recommender
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.