Fulfill Your Calling with an Online Ministry Degree
Liberty University’s Master of Arts (M.A.) in Christian Ministry is a 100% online ministry degree. This program is designed to meet the growing need for ministry leaders in churches across the country seeking specialized training in the area of Christian discipleship. Throughout this online ministry degree, you will be provided with a strong understanding of biblical leadership principles and strategies specific to small group settings to train up disciples within the local church. Those pursuing one of our online ministry degrees will be gifted with the tools to build upon core values, knowledge, and skills needed to serve the community as a spiritual leader.
Liberty University’s Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards. So you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Christian Ministry?
Our online master’s in Christian ministry was created with the purpose to provide quality instruction for those with the intention to enter Christian ministry. Our online ministry degree will address the needs of students looking for a single-track seminary degree. The focused nature of this program allows students to pursue a degree where they can specialize in their area of study.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Christian Ministry Degree?
Being fully prepared in the areas of evangelism and discipleship is essential for an effective career in Christian ministry. Liberty University’s online ministry degree will explore leadership from a biblical and theological perspective as you dive into the Old and New Testaments. You will pay special attention to Christ’s leadership and study key Bible verses focusing on the biblical foundations of leadership. With an online ministry degree, you can use your calling locally or throughout the world. We are proud to partner with you through an online ministry degree as you prepare for a rewarding career and use your calling to further God’s kingdom!
Online Ministry Degree Featured Courses
- EVAN 525 — Contemporary Evangelism
- HOMI 500 — Preparation of the Sermon
- HOMI 601 — Foundations of Expository Teaching and Preaching
- LEAD 510 — Biblical Foundations of Leadership
Highlights of Our Online Ministry Degree
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Master of Arts in Christian Ministry degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our online ministry degree has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Gain access to an abundance of resources and materials found through Liberty’s research portal while pursuing a ministry degree online.
- Receive quality Christian ministry education from some of the world’s leading evangelical professors.
- You can complete this degree program in as little as 2 years!
Similar Online Degree Programs
Master of Arts in Christian Apologetics — Liberty’s online ministry degree in Christian Apologetics provides philosophical, historical, and biblical knowledge to defend the rationality of Christianity.
- Master of Arts in Religion — This ministry degree online combines essential communication and writing skills with a thorough study of Scripture and essential truths of the Christian faith.
- Master of Divinity — Liberty’s online divinity degree seeks to prepare students for continual studies in divinity through an in-depth and well-rounded curriculum designed to address the areas of Christianity, ministry, discipleship, and administration.
Online Master’s in Christian Ministry Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Discounted divinity block rate: $2,475 per semester — only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours for the online Master of Arts in Christian Ministry are charged at the part-time rate.
Online Christian Ministry Degree Information
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career Options
Students who graduate with a Master of Arts in Christian Ministry degree will have the opportunity to seek potential job opportunities in many areas, including:
- Christian educator
- Church education administrator
- Discipleship pastor
Admission Requirements for the Online M.A. in Christian Ministry
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- School of Divinity Questionnaire.
- Contact information for a pastoral recommender
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.