Follow Your Calling with a Master’s Degree in Christian Apologetics Online
Liberty University’s Master’s degree Christian Apologetics is a 100% online Christian ministry degree program. Our apologetics online course will provide you with the philosophical, historical, and biblical knowledge to defend the truth-claims of Christianity. Through our apologetics courses, you will gain a deeper knowledge of Scripture for personal ministry and to strengthen your understanding of the Bible.
What is Christian Apologetics?
Christian apologetics is the study and research of historical data, philosophy, and reason to defend Christian theology. Individuals in Christian apologetics strive to find outside sources to reinforce the authenticity of the teachings found in the Bible. Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Christian Apologetics strives to uphold this pursuit through ensuring that each apologetics course has a rich foundation in biblical principles. Students will explore hermeneutics, examine miracles within the Bible, and study the history of Christian Apologetics.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s Degree in Christian Apologetics?
Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Christian Apologetics was created to prepare students to enter Christian ministry. Liberty’s 100% online Master’s degree in Christian Apologetics is an excellent next step to further your ministry now and prepare you for higher education in a doctoral program later. We know that many of our students are currently serving in a ministry or career and need the flexibility and structure that an online degree offers. With a flexible, online master’s degree in Christian apologetics, you can fit your studies into your life and better understand the Scriptures to defend biblical teachings. For the gospel to be understood, it must be clearly communicated. Liberty University is proud to partner with you through an online degree as you prepare for a lifetime of effective ministry!
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s Degree in Christian Apologetics?
Christian apologists must be able to defend the Bible with confidence and intelligence. Liberty University’s Master’s degree in Christian Apologetics will give you in-depth training in the core areas of apologetics to prepare you for the challenges of ministry. Through an exploration of the Old and New Testaments, you will study complex and fascinating topics such as miracles, the history of interpretation, and the intersection between faith and reason.
Because our apologetics courses integrate a biblical worldview into the curriculum, you can be confident that your training is preparing you with sound doctrine. With an online Christian Apologetics degree, you can strengthen your faith and prepare to defend your beliefs in your career and your ministry!
- APOL 550 – Faith and Reason
- APOL 610 – Miracles
- NBST 610 – Hermeneutics
- OBST 640 – Apologetics and the Old Testament
M.A. in Christian Apologetics Degree Information
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Course Syllabi (login required).
- A thesis track is available for interested students.
Are you an Active Duty, Reserve, or National Guard service member, veteran, military spouse, or Department of Defense employee? We are proud to support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Discounted Divinity Block Rate: $2,475 per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
*Credits taken above 15 credit hours are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Career Options with a Master’s Degree in Christian Apologetics
- Campus Minister
- Associate or Youth Pastor
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate Divinity Programs
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts; if not available, submit a transcript request form.
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Contact Information for one Pastoral Recommender
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Benefits of Earning a Master’s Degree in Christian Apologetics
- By earning your Master’s degree in Christian Apologetics from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Tuition for the master’s degree in Christian apologetics has not increased in four straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- Liberty’s online ministry master’s degrees have received BestColleges.com’s Best Online Master’s in Ministry award for 2018.
- Receive quality education from some of the world’s leading evangelical professors.
- Build upon core values, knowledge, and skills needed to serve the community as a spiritual leader.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Christian Apologetics – Thesis Track – This version of the 100% online MA in christian apologetics includes a thesis project to demonstrate your theology and apologetics expertise.
- Master of Arts in Religion (MAR) – This online master’s in religious studies online degree program combines essential communication and writing skills with a thorough study of scriptures and essential truths of the Christian faith.
- Master of Divinity (M.Div.) – Liberty’s Divinity online ministry degree seeks to prepare the student for continual studies in Divinity through an in-depth and well-rounded curriculum designed to address the areas of Christianity, ministry, discipleship, and administration.