Take the Next Step in Your Ministry by Pursuing a Master’s Degree in Church Planting at Liberty
Do you have a passion for spreading the Gospel? Are you already working in ministry but want to gain the necessary skills it takes to plant churches? Perhaps you feel the call to get into church planting. If any of these sounds like you, a Master of Arts (MA) in Church Planting from Liberty can help you bolster your current ministry or launch a new one.
The need for godly ministers who understand the process of church planting is crucial. With a church planting degree from Liberty, you can become better equipped to fulfill the Great Commission and minister to others – both inside and outside your community.
We want to partner with you as you prepare to take the next step in your ministry. At Liberty, you can prepare to be the hands and feet of Jesus as you plant churches and minister to others.
*Some exclusions apply. Please refer to our exclusions page for more information.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s Degree in Church Planting Degree?
We know that, as you search for a church planting program, flexibility is key. That is why our MA in Church Planting is primarily offered online. With flexibility like this, you can remain invested in your family, career, and community – all while earning your online MA in Church Planting from the comfort of home.
You will also have the opportunity to apply your skills through an internship that can be completed at an approved site near you. With the opportunity to apply the knowledge that you have gained in your classes, you can gain the wisdom that comes from applying what you have learned in a real-world scenario. Whether you are new to this field or have been working for a while, this is an excellent opportunity to hone your craft.
Our classes are taught by professors with years of ministry experience and advanced degrees in related areas of study. Our faculty are excited to partner with you so you can graduate with the skills needed to be a church planter, church planting network coordinator, pastor, or even a professor.
Additionally, Liberty is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
What Will You Learn in Our Church Planting Degree?
As you pursue your online master’s degree in church planting at Liberty, you will take a diverse offering of courses that cover a variety of topics, including small group ministry, contemporary evangelism, church planting methodologies, and interpersonal communication. You will also study theology, the Old and New Testaments, and research so that you can graduate better prepared to meet the needs of church-planting organizations and ministries.
In addition, you will complete a church-planting internship that is designed to help you turn your knowledge into wisdom. This degree’s internship allows you to hone the skills that you have learned and see the fruit of your ministry as you pursue your church planting degree online.
- EVCP 500 – Theological Foundations of Church Planting
- EVCP 510 – Calling and Character of the Church Planter*
- HOMI 500 – Preparation of the Sermon
- THEO 610 – Biblical Theology
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our Online Master’s in Church Planting Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Network with ministry professionals from around the country while pursuing your MA in Church Planting.
*Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
Online MA in Church Planting Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View our Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Master’s Degree in Church Planting Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for part-time graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Discounted divinity block rate: $2,475 per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*Credits taken below 9 and above 15 credit hours for the online MA in Church Planting are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Career Opportunities for Online Master of Arts in Church Planting Graduates
As a graduate of our MA in Church Planting online, you may be more qualified to pursue a variety of careers, including:
- Associate pastor
- Church planter
- Church planting network staff
- Denominational leader
- Lead pastor
Admission Requirements for Our MA in Church Planting Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral recommender contact information
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.