Become an Educational Leader in the Church and Society with Liberty’s MA in Educational Ministries
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Arts (MA) in Educational Ministries can help provide you with a strong scriptural and academic foundation for engaging in ministry and Christian education. Throughout this program, you can develop the skills you need to teach in Christian schools, oversee church-based educational programs such as Sunday school, serve as the director of family or discipleship ministries for your congregation, and much more!
Our MA in Educational Ministries degree covers many of the same core topics as our Master of Religious Education (MRE) program. However, while the MRE is 60 credit hours long, the master’s in educational ministries is only 36 credits – allowing you to finish your degree sooner while still receiving essential training in Christian ministry and pedagogy.
At Liberty, we’ve designed our online educational ministries degree with your success in mind. Our professors are excited to come alongside you as you seek to better serve the people in your church and community. By studying under faculty who have years of experience in education and professional ministry, you can become equipped to promote spiritual growth and provide sound biblical teaching in local churches, Christian schools, and parachurch settings.
Partner with us and prepare to bolster your ministry with a master’s in educational ministries from Liberty!
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s MA in Educational Ministries Program?
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we’ve designed our educational ministries degree online to provide you with the best in affordability, accessibility, and academic quality. This program is offered 100% online with 8-week courses and no set login times, giving you the freedom to earn your degree without putting your life on hold. Additionally, our online courses have 8 different start dates each year – so you can begin pursuing your educational ministries degree as soon as possible and finish in as little as 1 year!
Here’s what else sets us apart:
- Unlike many online Bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online divinity student, you can complete Institutional Challenge Exams (ICE) to receive potential college credit for prior knowledge.*
- Liberty’s online seminary offers divinity degrees at a graduate tuition rate of just $395 per credit hour for part-time students.
- If you attend full time (9-15 credit hours), you’ll be eligible for our online seminary block rate of $2,750 per semester!**
- You could receive potential college credit for relevant life experience through Experience Plus.
- Our divinity faculty have advanced degrees and years of experience in ministry and academia – so you can be confident that you’re learning from leaders in the field.
*Subject to transfer limits.
**Credits taken below 9 and above 15 credit hours for the online Master of Arts in Educational Ministries are charged at the part-time rate.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Educational Ministries Degree Online?
In this program, you’ll study advanced theological topics, practical ministry skills, effective leadership techniques, and important strategies for Christian education. Our goal is to help you foster spiritual formation in your church and community as you carry out evangelism, discipleship, and educational ministry efforts that are rooted in Scripture.
In particular, you will explore church ministry in the digital age, next generation ministry, and the biblical foundations of leadership. You can also deepen your understanding of God’s Word by studying the Old and New Testaments as well as biblical or systematic theology. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to further your skills in research, writing, and ministry preparation.
Our Master of Arts in Educational Ministries program also covers several topics in Christian pedagogy. You’ll study both the theory and praxis of religious education, allowing you to develop a well-rounded skill set for use in a variety of careers. Your courses will provide an in-depth look at the biblical, theological, historical, and philosophical foundations of Christian education. In addition, you’ll explore how to teach people of all ages across the lifespan using essential strategies for curriculum development and instruction.
Upon graduation, you can be better equipped to spread the Gospel, train up new disciples, and provide biblically based instruction in churches, private schools, and various ministry settings.
- EDMN 525 – Biblical and Theological Foundations of Christian Education
- EDMN 530 – History and Philosophy of Christian Education
- EDMN 540 – Teaching Strategies and Curriculum Development for Christian Education
- EDMN 545 – Teaching Across the Lifespan
Course guides coming soon
Highlights of Our Online Educational Ministries Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete this master’s in educational ministries program in as little as 1 year!
- At only 36 credit hours, the MA in Educational Ministries is an excellent, shorter alternative to the 60-credit-hour Master of Religious Education (MRE) program.
- Unlike many online Bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
*Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
Master’s in Educational Ministries Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Master’s Degree in Educational Ministries
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for part-time graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- Discounted divinity block rate: $2,475 per semester – only $165/credit at 15 credit hours*
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
*Credits taken below 9 and above 15 credit hours for the online Master of Arts in Educational Ministries are charged at the part-time rate.
Potential Career Opportunities for Graduates of Our Educational Ministries Program
- Christian school or Sunday school administrator
- Christian school teacher
- Church administrator
- Curriculum director
- Discipleship director
- Educational ministries director
- Family ministries director
- Instructional supervisor
- Religious director
- Spiritual formation director
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Master of Arts in Educational Ministries Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Pastoral recommender contact information
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.